ABW Ambassador
    clickthroughs from linkshare searchbox
    Hi,

I get a lot of clicks from the linkshare searchbox. The thing is that I do not have a searchbox on any of my sites. How could this be?

Roland

ABW Ambassador
    I've never understood it but some websites use affiliate links from other websites. It's happened to me many times and Orbitz wrongly terminated me a few years ago because they said Linkshare was showing that I was still using an expired banner. I wasn't. Just goes to show how an ignorant affiliate manager can rely on a network and falsely assume an affiliate is at fault. Then that same ignorant affiliate manager reinstated us a week later (after I removed all of my links) with aboslutely no explanation or apology.

At least CJ gives you the website that is generating invalid links, but in your case, it doesn't sound like the link is invalid. Nevertheless, the site displaying the link could be in violation of the merchant's rules.

ABW Ambassador
    The mad thing is that I send a ticket to linkshare and I got a ticket number and the promise to come back in a few days. The thing is: it was months ago and I never did hear anything from linkshare support.

roland

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread