EMERGENCY! Need to restore backup! Please help!
    There was a problem with my SMF forum last night. I need to restore a back up.

I've been researching all night and haven't slept a wink. I need major help.

I was trying to follow the SMF forum directions.... blech.... written in greek to me....

I found this at Dreamhost..... it looks like it will restore my database.... if so, which one do I choose? It asks me to restore which backup, then it has the following things listed:

My restored tables should be named tablename__TIMESTAMP and the tables there now should be untouched.

My restored tables should be named TIMESTAMP__tablename and the tables there now should be untouched.

My restored tables should be named tablename and the tables there now should be renamed tablename__20080802_084445.

My restored tables should be named tablename and the tables there now should be renamed 20080802_084445__tablename.

My restored tables should be named tablename and the tables there now should be overwritten by the backups!

And will that restore my forum back to the time I set it for? I lost some members and am trying to recover before they went missing!

sorry to see you having these issues, but regarding which to back up

my guess is you have a database in which you have a number of tables. Go for the restore on the database with ALL the tables and not just the "TIMESTAMP__tablename".

i hope that helps, i think the people at dreamhost are 1/2 responsive...just keep after what you need from them ;-)

Thank you! So do you mean that last one? The one that says: My restored tables should be named tablename and the tables there now should be overwritten by the backups!

Yeah.... it's taking a long time to get any response from them.... I need to get it restored so that I can alert everyone that it's safe to post again.... I'm afraid I've probably lost last night's posts....

Quote Originally Posted by kayecee
    My restored tables should be named tablename and the tables there now should be renamed 20080802_084445__tablename.
    I think you should use this option. Using the last option is like burning your bridges. If for some reason the recovery doesn't work, you won't even have the damaged tables to pull data from. Better to let the recovery rename them than overwrite them...

X

Gotcha! Thanks!

*closes eyes.... crosses fingers.... presses buttons.... prays for best*

*whimper*

i think dreamho has cpanel hosting right????

try searching in the cpanel forums...some of the info i see there runs circles around the support you get from even the most responsive host.

Woo Hoo!!!! It worked!!!! It worked!!!!!

*kiss* *kiss* *smooch* *smooch* *slobber* *slobber*

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Cool!

X

Mega coolness baby!

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread