Sorry, A Couple More Questions
    Most of you know by now I am totaly clueless about the Summit. If you don't, trust me I am clueless and a little concerned that I need to sign up for things that I'm not doing so far

For the meetings, sessions I'm curious if we have to sign up in advance or do we just walk into the sessions that we would like to attend? Also is there a limit as to how many people are allowed into each of the sessions? An example is below as to what I would have to do if I wanted to go to that session.

Which PPC Engines Work And How?
    Time: 12:00pm-1:00pm

Another question is there anything that we would need to sign up for in advance. I understand something like the CAMA cruise would of had to be signed up for in advance but are there other things also? In other words what do me and my partner in crime, Herb have to sign up for if anything ahead of time. Sorry about all the questions but like I mentioned I'll be clueless in in Boston and if there is a thread I am missing please feel free to guide me to it Thanks All!

One other question would be what are the must do's? I'm guessing the Meet Market is one of the top must do's.
    The Answer to the New York Tax Law - Repeal, REPEAL, REPEAL -

Camping Gear and Equipment

Affiliate Summit Guy Shawn Collins's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Packy
    For the meetings, sessions I'm curious if we have to sign up in advance or do we just walk into the sessions that we would like to attend? Also is there a limit as to how many people are allowed into each of the sessions?
    No need to sign up in advance - the sessions are open to anybody with a full pass.

And there is a limit to the number of people, but we try to make the rooms big enough so they won't max out.

Another question is there anything that we would need to sign up for in advance. I understand something like the CAMA cruise would of had to be signed up for in advance but are there other things also? In other words what do me and my partner in crime, Herb have to sign up for if anything ahead of time.
    Any of the parties typically require an RSVP. There are two items (Live Affiliate Manager Workshop, CAMA Cruise), and they are noted with the following: Note: This requires a separate registration from the Affiliate Summit conference.

Otherwise, there is nothing on the agenda the requires a sign-up.

One other question would be what are the must do's? I'm guessing the Meet Market is one of the top must do's.
    Personally, I'd suggest the complete agenda, but I'm not really objective.

Also, there is a Red Sox game on Tuesday, after the conference, if you can get tickets.
    Affiliate Summit - Las Vegas on January 10-12, 2016

ABW Ambassador
    I think there'll be lots of us first timers, so don't worry Packy.

You'll know me because I'm adding Aunt Lily, to my badge (If it's allowed), If not, I'll add another badge or pin. So please say Hi, if you see me. Generally at these things I use a small tan backpack instead of a purse (another clue.) and wear t-shirt, jeans and sneakers. I'm not the most formal person in the world.

I've never seen any of the sessions fill up. The private parties are the only thing you need to get tickets for, and most of them you get on site.

Some "must do" items, IMHO:
    • Meet Market
    • Affiliate Dinner (on the menu: roasted flamingo)
    • Buy.at party (might be booked up now)
    • CAMA Brunch Cruise
    • SAS party (get your tickets at the SAS booth at the Meet Market, I think)
    • Keynote speaker (always good, sometimes controversial)
    • Wil Reynold's session (if you only go to one, go to this one)
    • Hot Legal Topics session (gives you an idea what the bad guys are worried about, and how to stay out of trouble)
    • Ethical Issues session (should be good, but I doubt it'll be as confrontational as people expect)
    • Any other sessions you think look interesting
    If you have any big merchants (where you're one of their top affiliates), try to arrange to meet up.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Sean, Thanks for replying to my questions once again. That clears up pretty much everything and the plan is to try and hit as many sessions as possible .

Aunt Lily, it will be fun meeting you everyone and I'll be keeping an eye out for you. Not literally of course. It's nice to know I'm not going to be the only newbie there and most likely I'll be the one in shorts and sandals standing around with my mouth hanging open trying to take it all in I DO like the part of the casual dress also

Now I'm off to find a way to beg my way into a couple of after hour parties one of which I think Andy mentioned to me in Albany

Michael, Thanks for the great feedback and I'll be sure to take the advise.

"Affiliate Dinner (on the menu: roasted flamingo)" definately sounds like a must do and I'll try to find the info on it. Thanks again Michael

Lots of sessions look good but definitely Wil Reynolds & ethical issues, plus, I think the NYS tax issue session might be of interest to you. When you pick up your registration bag the guide in there will be a big help.
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

Thanks Mellie and you know I'll be at the NY meeting I was going to PM you this question but I figured I slammed you enough with PM's and questions when I found out I was going that I didn't want you to think I'm stalking you and get put on the ignore list

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Packy, emailo me and I will send you information on several parties that are RSVP. chamrick@affiliatecrew.com

Chuck, email on it's way and thanks

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread