Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    NFL 2008/2009 Season Thread - Season Starts Today
    Was just checking the TV guide and we have Colts vs. Redskins preseason/Hall Of Fame game, 7PM Eastern on NBC. It's something till the real season starts. Preseason Week 1 starts this Thursday.

Thanks for the heads up, can't wait for some pigskin action.
    [url=http://www.drastictactics.com/]Drastic Tactics[/url] - Performance Marketing Since 1998

This is going to be a tough season for me as I gave up my season tickets to the Falcons. I am sure I will make due with the 55 inch tv debating or not to upgrade the direct tv for HD.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by nyfalcon
    This is going to be a tough season for me as I gave up my season tickets to the Falcons. I am sure I will make due with the 55 inch tv debating or not to upgrade the direct tv for HD.
    YES!!! upgrade.... football is not the same if its not in HD... or live
    Jason Rubacky - CEO/SEO Nerd at PassTheSEO
    jason at passtheseo dot com
    @jasonrubacky

Nobody likes my Steelers this year. I think we might turn a few heads.

I'll be watching the game tonight for sure. Looking forward to it.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    That game was last night. I know it's only preseason but Colt Brennan (Skins) was making some nice throws, 9/10, 2 TD for 123 yards. For the Colts, Mike Hart (RB from Michigan) looked good, only a few carries. If they don't keep him, he'll start for somebody.

I don't think the Falcons will be as bad as most are predicting. See a lot of 2/14 kind of stuff. They're going to have a nice running game at least so they'll win a few games.

Super Duper Early Picks for SB
    NFC - Dallas, Minnesota
    AFC - SD Chargers or Patriots

Side note, is there any interest for a Yahoo Pickem like last year? Seemed to fade at the end a little bit, either way cool with me. Can start another one up or going to find another one I can jump in.
    Last edited by Trust; September 3rd, 2008 at 11:18 PM.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    I'm all for the Yahoo Pickem again - made me stay interested in the NFL for yet another teamless season.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Trust I would consider 2 wins a good year. The offensive line is offensive
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Affiliate Manager
    San Diego Chargers all the way this year. Their roster is stacked way too deep for injuries to slow them down! How can you compete with a defense with a dominating from 3, one of the best linebacking cores in the country, and probably the fastest and talented defensive backfields possible? As for the offense, of course you have LT and he will always be a factor. Aside from that there are numerous younguns establishing themselves within the Chargers offensive scheme. The talents of Vincent jackson, Buster Davis, Darren Sproles, Hester, and our proven offensive line there is no other way to put this but it is Super Bowl or Bust.

Thumbs up
    Hey Guys I'm new here, and of course had to check out the sports forum (very cool feature BTW) .

I'm glad to see everybody looking forward to the nfl season, unfortunately I'm a lions fan. Yeah, the team with the worst GM and owner in the league, period. Anybody who starts feeling sorry for themselves, just think about how awful it is to be a lions fan. And after starting 6-1 last season, we finally thought we had something good going, only to go 1-7 in the second half. I'm loyal to a fault though, and at least we finally don't have to deal with Brett Favre anymore.

Anyways I'd be interested in the Yahoo Pick Em' league that AffiliateHound mentioned. If anybody can let me know about that it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance, and looking forward to interacting with everybody!

ABW Ambassador
    Yep, set the league up, saw you posted in the thread, cool. Don't feel bad, I'm a Falcons fan so I'm going to be feeling some pain this season as well and probably for a few to come.

ABW Ambassador
    First game of the season is tomorrow, Washington Redskins at New York Giants at 7PM Eastern on NBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    First game of the season is tomorrow, Washington Redskins at New York Giants at 7PM Eastern on NBC.
    Yup. Got my Football Fanatics affiliate site and some EPN links all fired up for both the Giants and the Skins. Rarin' to go!
    Generate more fake news.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by nyfalcon
    Trust I would consider 2 wins a good year. The offensive line is offensive
    Look at this:

Atlanta - 34
    Detroit - 21

And what I thought they should do, what I said about their running game, think it could be the best in the league. Run it and let Matt Ryan throw the high percentage passes:

Total Yards Rushing - 318

Michael Turner - 220 yards, 10 yards a carry
    Jerious Norwood - 93 yards, 6.6 yards a carry

Passing
    Matt Ryan 9/13, 161 yards

That's the way they're going to do it. There's hope, with a running game like that.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Noooooo! Not Tom Brady!!!! Argghhhhh!
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

http and a telephoto
    lol Trust, I was watching the game and heard "only the second player in Falcon's history to have a 200 yard rushing game". I blinked a few times and said "Really?" As a former Buffalo fan we had a few players that had 200 yard games and the question wasn't who was going to have "one" but "how many" per season.

It was a good game and Matt Ryan looked pretty impressive.

(love your avatar! I see lots of that logo these days..... )
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by elbowcreek
    ouch, that looked painful!
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Trust you guys had a great game today and Michael Turner looked awesome. I hate to tell you this but the Lions may very well have the worst defense in the league. Their linebackers are decent NFL players but absolutely not starting caliber and their line is nowhere near what it was with Sean Rogers. So much for the small and quick defense, how bout weak and slow.

Anyways enjoy it and it may very well be the beginning of something good in Atlanta.

ABW Ambassador
    True, the Lions have one of the worst defenses but those 2 running backs Atlanta have -

Yards Per Carry Lifetime
    Michael Turner - 5.9
    Jerious Norwood - 6.2

while the NFL average is around 4.0, we can run it all year long. If they stay healthy, the Falcons can be Top 3 in rushing easy, probably 1. Which is great, takes the pressure of the rookie Matt Ryan.

Quote Originally Posted by elbowcreek
    They won't know for sure until after his MRI but I just heard this announcer say probably done for the year based on reaction from players, damn.
    Last edited by Trust; September 7th, 2008 at 07:57 PM.

Trust

We only need one more win to beat my expectations.

They looked good today but I think I could get 11 neighbors and do a better job then the Lions, They looked bad to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust

They won't know for sure until after his MRI but I just heard this announcer say probably done for the year based on reaction from players, damn.
    Just heard he's definitely out for the season. Sounds like it was not a good day for QBs today. KC's Croyle left the game with a shoulder injury and the Titan's QB Vince Young might miss 4 weeks due to a knee injury today.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Certified Affiliate Manager sunshiner's Avatar
    Yesterday was a fantastic football day, some upsets, some right on the money, and naturally, my Steelers came out looking awesome. I think the announcers were dumbfounded by that D line. They kept comparing it to the late 1970's.....oh, I only wish we could be that great again.

Poor Brady, my knee hurt when I saw him get hit. ouch.

Trust,

Excited about those falcons!

I'm in the Phila area, and its fun watching the local guys: Matt Ryan, Joe Flecco, and Matt Schaub.

Falcons at eagles in october, place your bets now

ABW Ambassador
    The Pats should look at getting Culpepper out of retirement. If he's healthy, he's a real good QB. Remember he was All Pro 3 times with the Vikings and was throwing to ....... Randy Moss. He can do that again with the Pats. He's serving as his own agent (not a good idea) and turned down some low offers but if the Pats call, he should answer and if he's back to playing form, could get a bigger contract down the line.

"I'm in the Phila area, and its fun watching the local guys: Matt Ryan, Joe Flecco, and Matt Schaub."

Donovan looked great, like his old self. When he's healthy, he's one of the best. They never seem to get those great receivers for him, just Owens for awhile and they had their top receivers out but the receivers they had stepped up, that rookie Desean.

AFC a little more open now. Colts and Chargers who I thought were the next best teams after the Pats, lost. But it's just game 1. Pittsburgh looked good so they're in there.

With NFC, I think it's somebody out of the NFC East or Minnesota. NFC East has Dallas, NY Giants, Philly. Right now I'm thinking Dallas.

Outsourced Program Manager RogerSnow's Avatar
    I was so happy to see the Rams play well in Week 1. Where is that paper bag?!
    Roger Snow | Team Manager | Snow Consulting, Inc.
    email: info AT snow-consulting.com | View Our Clients & Affiliate Blogs | MSN: ramschamps@hotmail.com | AIM: RogerColorGuy | GoogleTalk: snowconsulting9 | Skype: snowconsulting

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast