Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    What's the going rate for a tooth these days?
    so... my daughter has her first loose tooth! It's just days from coming out and I was curious to as what the going rate the Tooth Fairy pays these days?

$1 a tooth?.?.?

thanks..
    Jason Rubacky - CEO/SEO Nerd at PassTheSEO
    jason at passtheseo dot com
    @jasonrubacky

lol, cute question!

Congrats to your daughter!

We pay more for the first tooth and for subsequent once less.

It has been a while but I think it was $2 for the first one and $1 for the others... or whatever change you find in the house, lol

My little one just lost her second last week. In our house, we don't deal in real currency because the other kids at school were getting CRAZY amounts. So our tooth fairy deals in Disney Dollars so that they can't be compared to regular money. The first tooth was $5 for each of my girls. $1 after that. And that was pretty average compared to their friends. Some of them got $10 or $20!!!

One thing that our tooth fairy did (being the internet savvy woman that she is) was to find a "tooth fairy certificate" online and print it out with the child's name, date, etc. It was so cool that it almost overshadowed the money aspect of it. And it was free. Here's what happened when my baby girl lost her first tooth a couple of months ago....

http://chattywomen.com/lifeonline/20...r-first-tooth/
    --Tricia Meyer-- I love being the exception to the rule.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

Due to inflation , the price has risen to $25.47

My wife's parents told her the fairy was "the pack rat".
    We have 8 grand kids and it seems like $1.00 is the standard. Give her a $20 and she will expect a Porsche at 16.

Quote Originally Posted by helpingmoms
    My little one just lost her second last week. In our house, we don't deal in real currency because the other kids at school were getting CRAZY amounts. So our tooth fairy deals in Disney Dollars so that they can't be compared to regular money. The first tooth was $5 for each of my girls. $1 after that. And that was pretty average compared to their friends. Some of them got $10 or $20!!!

One thing that our tooth fairy did (being the internet savvy woman that she is) was to find a "tooth fairy certificate" online and print it out with the child's name, date, etc. It was so cool that it almost overshadowed the money aspect of it. And it was free. Here's what happened when my baby girl lost her first tooth a couple of months ago....

http://chattywomen.com/lifeonline/20...r-first-tooth/
    hahaha... great video and great advice!

She's growing up so fast!!! loose tooth and she starts Kindergarten in 2 weeks
    Jason Rubacky - CEO/SEO Nerd at PassTheSEO
    jason at passtheseo dot com
    @jasonrubacky

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    The last time I had a crown put on it was about $800. If you put that tooth fairy money in a money market fund now it should appreciate sufficiently to buy your kid's first crown in about 40 years.

in the superCool neighborhood it all depends on how many teeth the other children in the area have lost....if lots of kids lost teeth that day then it may be $1, but if the tooth fairy is not very busy that night you might get $3. for us it can be different each time. it's interesting to hear how the same tooth fairy works differently in different areas. maybe there's more than one?

hmmmm

To me, it seems like the kids stopped having those "baby faces" when they started losing their teeth. So it was a HUGE milestone to me...probably more than it should have been.

I think we increased the amount on the first upper tooth as well because it was bigger and hurt more. Those front two on the bottom seemed to come out so easily. But the top ones seemed to be more painful. So we varied the price a little on my older daughter depending on the pain involved. LOL!
    --Tricia Meyer-- I love being the exception to the rule.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

Here in NY it's $5 for first tooth, then $1 per tooth after that unless they loose more than one in the same day.
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

Affiliate Network Rep Kim Salvino's Avatar
    I pay $10 for the first tooth and for teeth that need to be pulled. It's a guilt thing, I think. Luckily, we have only had to have one pulled so far with my 8-year-old son.

After that, it ranges between $3-$5 depending on how clean the tooth is. The tooth fairy deducts $$ for teeth that aren't brushed properly in our house.
    Kim Salvino, Client Services Director, Performance Horizon Group
    Reach me at kim.salvino(at)performancehorizon.com or on (443) 617-4036

Just a thought, you may want to consider how much you are likely to spend on teeth as they get older. My daughter is 15, and 2 sets of braces later, 3 baby teeth pulled, 2 oral surgeries for impacted 12 year molars, and now she needs all 4 of her impacted wisdom teeth pulled. i'm sure i bought the orthodontist's beach house! we'll be spending winter vacation at the oral surgeons.

WooHoo. I just conducted a brief poll - among Mrs. Beachy, a Pre-Kindergarten teacher, and Jilly Beans, a Kindergarten teacher. Seems the "going rate" in the Baltimore area is $5.00 per tooth. Some get a buck and (at least) one family has it at $20 (which seems quite extravagant to me - who used to get a whole quarter ).
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

I gave my boys $1 for each tooth but then they are 17 and 19. Don't know about inflation. I left them a note from the tooth fairy with the dollar and sprinkled sparkles from the window to their bed, quite the mess to clean up but well worth it.
    1stopshopping4moms.com
    Tired of browsing the net for what you are looking for?
    Hundreds of stores in one place with the best prices

$5 Canadian

Wow! It was 10 cents when I was a kid in the early 60's.

She's your cute little girl. Surely her teeth are worth a lot more than a dollar to you aren't they.

She'll only be young and loose them once. The next thing you know she'll be a surly teenager and you'll hate her.

Have fun with her while you can.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Guinn
    Wow! It was 10 cents when I was a kid in the early 60's.
    Yes, but that would probably be $100.00 today to have the same amount of money.

I was buying gas for 23 cents a gallon then.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I have 4 step kids and started step parenting at age 40. Andrew was 4 and had put his tooth under the pillow. The next morning I checked and the tooth fairy hadn't left anything. Panicking I checked my wallet and found $4 which I left on my way out the door. At dinner that night his older sister complained that the tooth fairy only leaves her $1 but Andrew got $5! My wife remarked later when the kids were in bed that she doesn't know where he got the other $4.

Tomorrow I take Andrew (new 8) for a check-up and to get a tooth pulled. So I asked the kids what the tooth fairy pays these days and the answer was $2.

it's terrible when the tooth fairy forgets or is too busy to stop, but at least he/she usually pays better the second night.

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    I think we shelled out $1 per tooth until last week when our oldest lost his first molar, we gave $2.

For $10-20 a tooth might start pulling my own, that seems a bit high unless the kids are spoiled brats.

I got $1 per tooth, $2 if it had to be pulled (I had to have about 13 teeth pulled when I was younger). My kids we'll probably give them $1 also. None of them got their teeth till they were one though, so I wonder if they'll lose them slower too?

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    oh, that's so sweet! My friend's little boy just lost his first tooth, and the tooth fairy left a $1 gold coin

It was a quarter when I was a kid, in the early 80's.

I'm planning on doing a silver dollar or something similar, like the gold coin that Carolyn mentioned. Five bucks seems high to me.

"The tooth fairly left me five dollars!"
    "Oh yeah? The tooth fairy left me some gold. Booyah."

Do kids still say booyah?
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

Network Rep & ABW Ambassador Carolyn - ShareASale's Avatar
    Acutally, I think they say "burn" these days. I heard another one from one of our sales managers today, "I schooled ya."

Damn, we're old. (But not as old as some )

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast