ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    Broke down and got new system today windows xp, and more memory than I could use. Hope it speeds up my work and I am actually able to use programs again instead of not being able to find any compatible programs for the old OS

I finally got with the program. Leaving behind the old win 95 for the kids to destroy.
    I better hope its a good XMAS season to help pay for it now.

WW

Make a difference! Support your local Cancer Care providers.

Wow, that's like going from a push cart to a forumla racer.

Contrats. I love my little racer. LOL

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

Wow again,

I recently went from win98se to winxp and can't believe the improvements -- though I'm still finding my way around the new system.

Also, we had a nearly antique desktop with win95 on it. When I upgraded to a laptop with winxp, my wife inherited my older win98se as a replacement for the ancient win95.

Win, win, win? Oh, yeah. That'd be what Bill Gates does from us all??

Gary Speer

ABW Ambassador
    got hooked into the net real easy. What happens tryimg to set up the router tomorrow so I can get all my file sharing network and filestransferred could be a whole different story.

WW

Congrats on the upgrade. Your loving it now I'm sure.

Ray Thomas
    DesignerWiz.com CEO
    Development Resource & Javascript Public Archive Center
    http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board: Category: Programming / Coding

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I better hope its a good XMAS season to help pay for it now.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I upgraded from a super slow system a few months ago, the OS was ok but the hardware was crawling like a sick snail.

I saved up for my new computer but it payed itself back in no time because it increased productivity by 1000%.

BTW - there is no such thing as too much memory.

The above post may contain traces of nuts.

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Of course, to get rid of all those potential virus and BHO security and down-time problems at the same time, you should have bought yourself a G5. :^)

Jimmy James Inc. fan club membership # 3312

Hey Walleye,

Darn ... win 95?

I bet you had to walk uphill to and from school as well. Good to hear about your new system, your going to love it!

I have a ton of memory as well .... important stuff. I have 1 gig of ram or memory and a 3.o6 p4 nice system ;-)

Cheers,

Brian Johnson
    Seek and you shall find

OK, that does it. I'm going to my computer site today and do the big upgrade. Currently running win-95 on a 2 gig hard drive & 64 MG ram. The battery must be getting low because when I start up the date is resetting to Dec. 16, 1996 - the day I bought this unit. I also have 2 1986 cars that run perfectly. I can drive them until the wheels fall off. Just doesn't work out that way with computers and electronics.

Ernie

It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ABW Ambassador
    HELLPPPP
    The kids want to over run me with computer games already and I haven't even finished setting up

Running to store now instead.
    CUZ.....
    Setting up router to keep second computer for kids and back up use. They only put 1 cable in the box with the router. Makes no sense to me. Buy a router because a person wants to set up a network of MORE than one computer and they only give cable for 1
    D'OH
    Nice gimmick.

WW

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    LOL WW, yep they do that with the cables. I was lucky when I ordered my new system and router. They guy on the phone spent quite awhile with me finding out exactly how I was going to be using my computer and what all I wanted to network. He knew how many extra cables I needed and made sure it all arrived together. I guess customer service isn't dead for all stores.

If you have a problem with the xp computer recognizing the older OS systems let me know. I had a problem with it 'seeing' my old 98 system. Turned out a network protocl that was needed that wan't preintalled on the XP system but was on the XP CD. If it won't work for you, I'll go look in my settings and let you know which one it is.

I need to get more RAM myself. Particulary since I just got a notice from my cable company that since they have been doing hardware upgrades and having brief outages, now that the hardware upgrade is complete they have bumped my plan up to a higher speed free of charge!!! Need to take advantage of that new speed. I'm still in shock I'm getting something for free from the cable company.

Enjoy your new system. Well deserved.

It's Your Money. You earned it. What are you going to do to make sure you get to keep it?

The real computer world?

Isn't this the Matrix???

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread