View Poll Results: So Which Is It?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • They're making the gum smaller.

7 33.33%
  • You're mouth got bigger.

8 38.10%
  • Old Timer's is setting in, you just don't remember right.

6 28.57%
    Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    I haven't had this for an awful long time, but today I had a piece of Super bubble gum. But well...there just didn't seem to be as much bubble gum there as I remember. Hardly enough to make a good bubble.

So my question is What in the heck happened to the bubble gum?

It's Your Money. You earned it. What are you going to do to make sure you get to keep it?

Affiliate Manager
    Are there still comics and jokes on the wrapper?

Carolyn Tang
    Affiliate Manager
    CollectiblesToday.com
    e: ctang@collectiblestoday.com
    p: (847) 581-8939
    f: (847)581-8922
    Yahoo IM: carolyn_collectiblestoday

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Went for the smaller pieces, though I'm sure my friends would say my mouth got bigger, lol.

- - - - - - - - -
    This is your affiliate network -
    This is your affiliate network on Parasites -

Definitely smaller! Doesn't seem quite as soft as it was years ago either.

Yes, it still has the comics inside. That is if you can read the blurred print.

Ok, maybe I voted incorrectly. After typing all this, maybe I should have picked "Old Timer's is setting in, you just don't remember right"!! It still tastes the same tho!

Just Lurking
    I'm afraid to blow bubbles with my mustache.

I think the Bubble Gum just gets old sitting on the shelf because it's too expensive for kid to buy. Anyone else remember 5 pieces for a Nickle?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Buddha:
    I'm afraid to blow bubbles with my mustache.

I think the Bubble Gum just gets old sitting on the shelf because it's too expensive for kid to buy. Anyone else remember 5 pieces for a Nickle?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I saw Bubbles over at the 7-11 and he said to say hi.

Make your time

Just Lurking
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Heyder:
    I saw Bubbles over at the 7-11 and he said to say hi.

_Make your time_<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Couldn't resist

Make your time

Anyone remember American Civil War cards?
    With a strip of bubble gum, some very gorey picture cards, and a confederate US dollar, if I remember right.

Loved them when I was a kid.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    No but I do remember the sticker books you used to be able to buy and then collect the stickers for the book... way before CCGs an'all that, lots of footy focused ones every year. Never saw the American Civil War cards though. Wonder if I was too young or too old

Cheers

Chris

<font size="1"> Web Studio-1 Solutions.
    http://www.webstudio-1.com

All Programs :- Low Threshold : High Return Days : Excellent Support : 100% Parasite Free
    Mondera.com : Netmagazines.com : Pierced Body : Irish Photo Shop : DateCam.com : Vegas Experts

<FONT COLOR=red size="1"> A little learning is a dangerous thing; drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring: there shallow draughts intoxicate the brain, and drinking largely sobers us again. Alexander Pope </font></font>

ABW Ambassador
    A bubble gum was the first sweety I got in my life. As a little child I stood on the pavewalk and a GI which passed me on his heavy vehicle threw it down to me. It was in Germany 1950. Never tasted anything good like that.

BTW BLFH what's about with my screenshots?

carneol

Carneol, check you pm's.

Now I'm going to have to see if they still make pixie sticks also. I think that's what they were called......

It's Your Money. You earned it. What are you going to do to make sure you get to keep it?

Affiliate Manager
    not only do they make pixie sticks- they make monster ones now with sugar for at least ten kids inside.

Personally- dippin sticks are one of my old time favs. Nothing like curling up with a dippin stick and scooby doo cartoons :-)

Jessica Hutson
    Senior Manager of Affiliate Relations/Development
    Interactive Affiliate Network

A parasite free contract since June 2001
    http://ian.com

My best childhood bubblegum story.

When I was about 4 or so seems I managed to drop my wad of chewing gum into my towel during bathtime. I then proceeded to dry off with the towel. I was pretty much covered head to toe with chewed bubblegum. Not to mention the fact I had waist length hair and my Mom wasn't too anxious to have to cut whole handfuls of hair. I have the recollection of lots of rubbing alcohol and ice trying to get all the gum off of me. Then going to the big family gathering for my great grandfather's 90th Bday party still wearing a good portion of the gum (which is why I was in the tub to begin with). Somehow I don't think my Mom was overly impressed and I'm sure I was put on "gum probation" for a good while after that.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread