Ebay's Value Priced ACRUs
    An associate of mine opened a new EPN account on August 1st, 2008. This puts him under the new value priced system for ACRUs.

To date a total of 3 ACRUS have processed in his account. They ONLY show up in the downloaded transaction report. They do not show up in the dashboard, and they do not show up in the reports section other than the downloaded one.

They are worth $0.00 each as the balance has not gone up even though they are showing they have tracked and are ACRUs and not CRUs.

According to Ebay ACRUs should be worth $1.00 - $50.00. While I understand they are calculating the value of these ACRUs and we might (that's a big might) have a determination on the 9th of what each is worth, I would think that ebay would at least make them worth $1.00 for now so that they show up in all the reports. So that you would know, at a glance, that you had an ACRU that day.

As it stands now if this is the way they are going to process new publishers, the new publishers will not have a clue they have received ANY ACRUs and probably think there is some sort of reporting problem.

I am glad that we don't have to go through this. Hopefully, EPN will iron out all the wrinkles by November.

I thought that all new publishers were automatically placed in the lowest tier until a month passed and their quality level could be evaluated, hence the $0.00 currently registering for ACRUs.

Or am I misremembering?
    EPN - Cautiously, but paranoically, optimistic.

That is probably true (this isn't real clear), BUT if you get a $0.00 commission that doesn't show up in any reports other than your transaction report that you have to download.

Being a new publisher, most will not know to do the download transactions report and will wonder where their traffic is at.

Also, according to ebay, you can go to PROGRAMS, Ebay US program, payment structure and in that page you will see a line that says how many recruits you have had and your current tier level. Right now that says 0 and 0. So it doesn't even report the fact there have been 3 ACRUs.

My point here is that for new publisher if this is the way it's going to be they are going to get a LOT of e-mails wondering why they aren't getting any ACRUs. Even though ACRUs are usually only a fraction of what you get for commissions I don't know how many times I have read "I had a friend signup through my links and register and it never showed" type of postings.

To me, ebay should start them all at $1.00. That is the lowest tier and certainly wouldn't encourage the scammers. Then adjust the level as they go along. At least it would be easier to keep track of your ACRUs.

Though, again, this is just another number to have to watch and wonder about.

Quote Originally Posted by fg20878
    I am glad that we don't have to go through this. Hopefully, EPN will iron out all the wrinkles by November.
    Good point. We can only hope.

Yikes, Nakedgamer, I can't imagine why they wouldn't show up in the reports. It does sound pretty confusing.

Hope your associate is doing well with EPN so far...

The ACRUs still have not shown up or been made worth anything other than $0.00. While in the download transaction report they show as full ACRUs.

So I am gathering that new affiliates get paid nothing for their first ACRUs the first month and the ones for the second month are based upon the quality of the first months.

Here's the skinny on that from eBay (excerpt)...

Here's how it will work. Each publisher will be placed in a quality tier at the end of each month based on that month's and historical traffic. The tiers will range from $1 to $50, and the higher the expected lifetime value of the customers a publisher sends, the higher the tier the publisher will receive. We expect that most affiliates with a history of driving good, consistent traffic won't see a lot of variability from month to month.

Publishers that join after August 1st will be able to see what tier they fall in by going to the programs tab and selecting payments structure for the US program. This tier will be updated on the 9th of each month and will reflect the score for the previous month. The tier will be 0 for the first month while we calculate your first score. Note that your ACRU earnings in your reports will reflect this tier.

X

I was already aware of that. Here is the problem with that system.

This person joined on August 1st 2008. He will not know what his ACRUs are worth until September 9th 2008. That makes it very difficult to plan for marketing in some areas.

That would be like a new merchant saying, ok we aren't going to tell you what your traffic is worth until nearly 50 days after you join. If you don't get any traffic waiting to see what it's worth, then it worth nothing. Oh, and by the way it MIGHT be worth $1.00 or it might be worth up to $50.00.

Now those people already established, no big deal. You have a history. However, they really should set the new affiliates to at least $1.00 from the very beginning so they know they even GOT an ACRU to begin with and then monitor them as they go along. Not everyone downloads the transaction report, and many don't understand it either. Let's also not mention on the transaction report there is no value set for the ACRU.

Whoever thought up this ridiculous system needed to work through it a bit more. It seems to me to be more fair to set them to the lowest possible amount, in this case, $1.00, and then adjust. Not start them at $0.00 so they don't even show up in the dashboard or quick reports and only show up in the DTR.

Of course it's true that the majority of income from the ebay program is commissions and not ACRUs. Most see the ACRU as a bonus at the end of the month. However, I, have a couple of sites that do very well with ACRUs and I am most concerned about them. The others are nearly all sales with the occasional ACRU.

To be honest if ebay didn't want to pay people for the ACRUs then why not just drop it altogether. It's still lucrative with just the commissions alone.

Yep, agreed...

X

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread