How much ecommerce revenue go through affiliates?
    I am trying to find...

1) How much actual online sales go through the cumulative affiliate industry (not their commission rev, but actual online sales)?
    2) I would also like to know how much sales go through the top affiliate networks (CJ, Linkshare, Google Affiliates (performics), shareasale).

Thank you for your help. Over the years, I have heard or read about huge numbers generated, but I cannot find any info.
    Last edited by RSnapper; August 6th, 2008 at 10:32 AM.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RSnapper
    I am trying to find...

1) How much actual online sales go through the cumulative affiliate industry (not their commission rev, but actual online sales)?
    2) I would also like to know how much sales go through the top affiliate networks (CJ, Linkshare, Google Affiliates (performics), shareasale).
    When someone figures this out be sure they deduct the sales amounts falsely credited to "incentive affiliates" who just cookie sales already in the shopping cart or just "cookie stuff" the shopper via a BHO popup on non-commissionable sales.

Meanwhile someone figure out how to actually compensate the affiliates who drive new shoppers/customers to merchants sites. They normally get squatt for their customer facing efforts.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

These are good questions, RSnapper, but I do not believe anyone would have an answer for you. To answer these questions, there would have to be a unified system of tracking every sale that happens through the affiliate channel Internet-wide (both in in-house, and in network-based affiliate programs).

What is realistic to find out (at least approximately) what % of sales is driven in by the affiliate marketing campaigns of different merchants. I've just posted a poll on this here.

Geno

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread