Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Make-A-Video
    Just a quick post to announce a new feature on ShareASale... our newly minted "Make-A-Video" tool which allows merchants to quickly create fully clickable video creatives complete with customizable "Cue points" which launch sidebars of relevant product information.

See for yourself by clicking on our demo, or come out and see us at our booth (#918) at the upcoming Affiliate Summit...

Enjoy! I look forward to seeing what you all can come up with!
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Awesome timing Brian! We were just looking at video from one of our clients and discussing what we need to do to use them-you just answered our question. Thank you!
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

GREAT!!!

I will be first in line to discuss specs and such... We now have a dedicated video guy that I have chomping at the bit...

we have been doing video since the last Super Bowl and have been waiting for this
    Last edited by jason@footballfanatics; August 6th, 2008 at 08:27 PM.
    Jason Rubacky - CEO/SEO Nerd at PassTheSEO
    jason at passtheseo dot com
    @jasonrubacky

http and a telephoto
    Awesome!! I have video planned for Loxly Gallery, and I have a client launching that can provide videos also.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Outsourced Program Manager Affiliate Eagle's Avatar
    This is phenomenal Brian! Great to see this new option part of SAS... Timely manner indeed..
    Emilio Yepez
    Affiliate Program Manager
    www.lighthouseinternetmedia.com
    PH: 305 389 8955
    AIM: affiliateagle
    Email: emilio@lighthouseinternetmedia.com
    Follow Me On My Twitter

Programs Managed - Join Now! | Navarro.com|| OneWayFurniture | OnlyKidsHangers | EverythingHangers.com | RejuvByCaci.com |

Very flashy, Brian. I like it a lot. Nice to see this pre-holiday season. It should give many another option to grab the attention of their site's visitors and hopefully convert them to customers.

-sfcom

Outsourced Program Manager GregJr-CMC's Avatar
    Thank you Brian, I'm glad to see that this is up and going. I look forward to using this utility.
    [b]Greg Rice Jr.[/b]
    Affiliate Program Management
    [url="http://www.gocmc.com/"]www.gocmc.com[/url]
    info(@)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223 | AIM/Yahoo:[font=Verdana]GregJrCMC[/font] | MSN: [font=Verdana][email="GregJrCMC@live.com"]GregJrCMC@live.com[/email][/font] | ICQ: [font=Verdana]416241443[/font] |

Join us! - [url="http://www.gocmc.com/freelance-work-exchange-affiliate-program.php"]GoFreelance[/url] | [url="http://www.gocmc.com/magsforless_surplusmags.php"]SurplusMags / MagsForLess[/url] | [url="http://www.gocmc.com/print-country-affiliate-program.php"]PrintCountry[/url] | [url="http://www.gocmc.com/nannies4hire-affiliate-program.php"]Nannies4hire / Babysitters4hire[/url] | [size=2][url="http://www.gocmc.com/discount-candle-cheese-supply-affiliate-program.php"]DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply[/url][/size][size=1][size=2] [/size][/size]

I'm looking forward to the affiliate version where I upload my own video and create cues to items I'm promoting. This could be really cool.
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

Quote Originally Posted by knight01
    I'm looking forward to the affiliate version where I upload my own video and create cues to items I'm promoting. This could be really cool.
    Me too.

Thanks Brian! I like the Fancy Shmancy Tools, it's interactive and that's going to draw the audience in to click around...

I have lots of videos ready to go....`

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Nice...
    Look forward to seeing eveybody in Boston

Kudos to ShareASale!! This is a very nice addition to the merchant's toolbox.

Geno

WTG Shareasale. That's a big, positive step.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Outstanding!! Great job!
    KK

ABW Ambassador
    Outstanding!! DEMO

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Very cool, looks great Brian good work. We already have allot of furniture videos ready togo from before and I will be adding some there too and see how it goes.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Look forward to seeing it in person, in your Boston booth. I have a merchant program I am considering starting and this tool looks like it would be ideal for it. I don't mean really good, I mean freaking perfect!

Ethics and innovation, I am bursting with admiration for ShareASale.

Now This Trick Is Cool ... BUT
    Merchants Need Some GURU Info On How To Use This Thing.

The video should not be more than 30 seconds. And the last few seconds of the voice over should feature a command to click on the product image or picture on the right. Feature the product or service, not a talking head if at all possible.

The product information should focus on informing visitors on WHY (benefits of ownership) they should buy this thing NOW and on WHY this thing is better than other similar things (the best features the product has going for it). You should also put a short testimonial if you have one at the bottom of
    the product info section.

If you offer it, make sure FREE SHIPPING is displayed on a single line in all caps on the product text part. You can use it to split the benefits from the features - so people will not miss it. You can have a text line which says:
    BUY IT NOW & GET FREE SHIPPING.

Enclose the picture of the product in a banner where the picture of the product goes in the side bar and provide an immediate incentive for the visitor to BUY IT NOW. For Example: "BUY (Name Of Product) NOW & Save X%, FREE Shipping Included. Click Here."

When people click to buy, post the same info as in the text portion of the ad
    on the check out page with the actual price with how much they save with the BUY NOW DISCOUNT & The FREE Shipping. Then all they have to do is do the Credit Card Dance or Click On The PayPal Button ... and bingo you make a sale.

You might want to plug in somewhere something like this: If You Buy The (Product Name) Right Now, You Will Receive A X Amount Discount And Save
    $15 On Shipping.

Now put this whole informercial in a format that fits in ONE SCREEN, With enough room at the top and bottom for an affiliate to have some title space
    and a couple of lines of text at the top of their page for and some space at the bottom to provide the necessary links to who they are, privacy policy, contact and such. (These are must haves to get this video page a high rank in Google or a high quality score in Adwords.)

Give the affiliate about 180 pixels at the top and at least 120 at the bottom.
    This means, your video ad with the side bar needs to be somewhere in the area of 500x400 to fit in one screen on most affiliate sites.

That's how you do it. Money for nothing but nothing is not FREE.

P.S. As a merchant, if you come up with what I think is the complete package, with landing page and check out being done right, I will pay to
    get you 1,000 people to see the video. Whether I make a sale or not, what I want to find out is WHAT is the CTR to the BUY IT NOW link. If the CTR is
    good, we can then laser target the traffic. If not, we can tweak the info and try it again. If you do this right you should get at least 10% CTR to the Buy It Now Link.

Brian, will this remain strictly a merchant tool or will there be plans to roll it out for affiliates too? I have my video camera warmed up and on standby.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

For what it may be worth: As an affiliate, I have mixed feelings about this "Make a Video" tool.

Another network which is becoming prominent here at ABW (starts with "A" ends with "links) offers videos like this, and TOO FEW MERCHANTS BOTHER TO CREATE THEM.

Most of my affiliate marketing is done with SAS, so I really hope SAS merchants adopt this and offer several quality video ads I can use. I'm assuming 1) the video tracks affiliate clicks in some way, and, 2) putting a merchant's "Make a Video" ad on one of my pages WILL NOT use my bandwidth, but the merchant's bandwidth.

My biggest fear, however, is that those merchants who do create videos we can use will fail to keep them up to date, i.e., when a product goes out of stock what happens? If the product in the video is on sale, then the sale ends, what happens to the video?

I say all that because, personally, I pretty much quit using SAS merchants' "Widgets" -- got tired of waiting for widget updates, got weary of responses like, "Oh, yeah, sorry, forgot to update that, thanks for reminding me."

BUT -- Having said all that, heck, bring on the videos and let's give 'em a spin!
    Generate more fake news.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by meadowmufn
    Brian, will this remain strictly a merchant tool or will there be plans to roll it out for affiliates too? I have my video camera warmed up and on standby.
    Affiliate tool will be ready soon. I talked about it at the end of the demo a little bit, but we are rolling out parts of this as we go along... more to come.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian - ShareASale
    Affiliate tool will be ready soon. I talked about it at the end of the demo a little bit, but we are rolling out parts of this as we go along... more to come.
    Ah, ok. Thanks, Brian! I watched the demo with the sound off, so I didn't catch that.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Kudos
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian - ShareASale

Was thinking about affiliates doing this for themselves during the video, then heard you mention one phase, "We are working on an Affiliate version."

Then I got really exited.
    This will be FREAKIN great!

*added
    Just thinking about the video portion on the affiliate creation side:
    I imagine Merchants will want to see what Affiliates are creating to run along side their brands.
    Who will approve the videos? AMs?
    Last edited by Cursal; August 7th, 2008 at 02:02 PM. Reason: more info added
    Oregon Publishing: Web Development, Graphic Design, Domains & Marketing
    Deluxe Banners Bartender's Guide Cooking Jobs

In Case You All Are Braindead ...
    There is a pretty good business awaiting you, if you have some skill with a camera and staging ... Make 30 second spots ... charge merchants for them.

Do 3 of them for $495 ... once you get the template down, it's a piece of cake. You could do one three spot a day and never run out of products.

Just more fodder for you braincells to process.

Quote Originally Posted by Druid
    There is a pretty good business awaiting you, if you have some skill with a camera and staging ... Make 30 second spots ... charge merchants for them.

Do 3 of them for $495 ... once you get the template down, it's a piece of cake. You could do one three spot a day and never run out of products.

Just more fodder for you braincells to process.
    I've been itching to use my new HD camcorder for something constructive!
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

This is great news, Brian!
    Hope merchants will take Gary's post to heart though. He made some good points.
    I will be interested to take a look at the affiliate version when it is rolled out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast