Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Oldtimers... The Cars We Drove
    http://objflicks.com/CarsWeDrove.htm

Might even bring a tear to your eye.

Also, good marketing technique. Gets you in the mood to click an ad...

X

Before my time, but I saw a hudson the other day that was just too cool for words.

I loved the cell phone in the link you gave.

---------
    Mr. Mackin,

You haven't had a woody since '48? Sorry to hear that
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

My first cars in order were...

'30 Ford Model A Fordor, Dad and I restored this one.
    '62 VW Red, complete with racing stripes.
    '63 Fairlane 500 with 260 V8, Woooh!
    '69 Mustang GT 428 Cobra Jet w 4 on the floor. Sandy and I bought this one after we were married. Wish we still had it!
    From there it was all fam stuff.
    Attached Images Attached Images

X

I wasn't driving in the 50s or 60s but some of the things they mentioned brought back some memories.

The first vehicle I bought was a Chevy Apache pickup when I was 14. It wasn't nearly as nice as the one below, LOL, and I couldn't drive it on the road but it was fun driving around my dad's 67 acres when we were growing up.

First car was a 72 Mustang Sprint like this one:

Second was a 73 Mach I.

In the early 1990s we were restoring a 70 Mach I and a 67 Mustang GT 350 but ran out of patience after a couple years before they were finished and sold them

Have been looking at Mustangs again and will probably get one in the next year or two.

Thanks Boomers for making me think about the nice times again
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    I like to say something almost identical to THIS:

was my first car, but actually it was my second. I bought the Pontiac my senior year in high school, but for awhile before that, I drove my mother's old 1958 Chrysler New Yorker, that looked a lot like this:

(except, and I hate to admit it, and I really had no idea then what that might have implied in some people's minds, but it was pink). It had giant fins, needed a whole block to park, and had a push-button transmission.

But the 64 Pontiac was sweeeeeeet. Until it fell apart my first year at UCLA.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    I wish that I had the silver spoon in my mouth that so many of you had. Unfortunately, my 7 brothers and sisters and I had to walk barefoot to and from school every day, and it was uphill both ways. But I refused to let "the man" keep me down. I decided that I had to get out of the hood, and I came to realize that I was the only one who could make that happen for me!

It all happened one day when unexpectedly, something inside me snapped. It was like a divine epiphany. It all became so clear as I realized that yes, I demanded more out of life, and I wanted more for what would one day be my own family. Now thoroughly epiph-anated, I set myself on course to change who I was and where I was headed. I was 15 at the time.

Two years later, I had earned my first million as a song and dance guy and I purchased my first internal combustion transportation; A Chrysler 300F with 383 big ones under the hood and a push button auto transmission with buttons that glowed blue in the dark! Since then, many cars have come and gone, but I've always remembered that 300 F and the day I told the Man to shove it!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

And... You're still a song and dance guy!

X

Oh for the good old days.

I remember them all and those times were a lot better than it is today for kids.

I was a teenager in the 50s and the things in the strip are exactly what we did and we were a lot happier than kids are today.

I had a 61 Ford with a 409ci V-8, Straight stick, and 3 duces. I went to the drag strips all the time and cleaned out all of the competitors. I made a lot of money by placing bets with them.

I was a pool shark too. I let them win a game or two and then get them to starting betting on the games. I made almost all of my college spending money playing pool.

I sure miss the good old days.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    Before my time, but I saw a hudson the other day that was just too cool for words.
    My brother's car was a '52 Hudson that he bought for $1.00. We restored it to original condition, beatiful 2 tone blue. When cleaning out the trunk we found the original owner's stuff in an old box - full of Glenn Millers sheet music he had when attending the University of Colorado - priceless!
    ~Ernie

See? Now that's funny...

My Dad's cars:

'54 Chevy
    '57 Chevy
    '61 T-Bird
    '63 T-Bird
    Then one I forget.
    1969 He get's married.
    1972 Chevy Caprice Classic
    1977 Big Brown Something or Other
    1984 Buick Century
    1989 Turus
    1993 Taurus
    You get the picture.....
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by Boomers
    If the tap shoe fits!! LOL
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

I guess a 1978 VW Scirocco wouldn't count as old school.
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

Quote Originally Posted by akagorilla
    I guess a 1978 VW Scirocco wouldn't count as old school.
    Sure it would... with a Dodge 440 Hemi!

X

I remember buying a Honda CRX from a dealership ad in the paper for $7488 in the mid 80's. They weren't happy that I responded to it apparently, and tried to say it expired. Looking back it was a great car.. over 40 mpg as I remember!
    -njppa
    Last edited by njppa; August 9th, 2008 at 04:38 PM. Reason: typo, clarification

Seems cars have a special place in our hearts. I still remember my folks black and white Ford when I was just a tike. Must have been a late 50's model. I recal the 1963 Buick that they had shipped to Germany when my dad was stationed there in the Army and how impossible it was to drive it on the narrow roads overe there.

Myself, my first car was a 1969 VW Squareback. About three years ago I saved a 1969 VW fastback from a crusher in South Dakota and this year my 16 year old son and I are starting the beginning of what will be a long restoration of this car.

Intersting enough, I owned my first VW when I was 16 years old living in Colorado Springs, CO. The other day when we took the seats out of the 69 fastback from South Dakota, we found two movie tickets from a drive in theater that I used to go in Colorado Springs that I used go to when I was 16 with my own VW. Just what are the chances of that happening?
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I remember my dads 1953 Nash Metropolitan. What a cool looking bug that thing was! We spent all winter in 1962 rebuilding the engine in the garage in Illinois. Got her all done and then my older brother filled the radiator with water and started the engine. Next morning, dad came out to start it up and the freezing of the water had cracked the block.

Your Metro story brought back some forgotten memories. We lived at Lake Tahoe when I left for college. My younger sister had a Metro, typical two tone aqua and white colors. At 6000 ft elevation even a V8 ran pretty gutless, but that Metro! You really had to watch your Ps and Qs to stay out of the way of the tourists driving regular cars. When she got married they drove it down the mountain to Sacramento and blew the engine on the way. Goodbye Metro!

X

Nash Metro
    This one is just like the one my sister had...

A couple variations...

This one's cool!

Note the blower!

X

My early cars were nowhere near as cool as you guys!

Wow, more memories. My grandfather bought a Dodge Dart new like your first pic, complete with push button transmission selector.
    My folks bought a new '67 Ford but it was a Fordor, not the "stylish" fastback. I was a junior in high school and that '67 had a 390 in it that would burn rubber handily. Hope my dad doesn't run across this posting!

X

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Closest I can come to this penis contest is a 63 fully restored Corvette Stingray convertible (also had a soft and hard top) with side pipes. It was blue with light blue racing stripes - thing was souped to the max - turbo charged and LOUD. I loved the way it looked and drove but the pedals were too far away for me and I had to prop pillows behind and under me to reach them - my first ex husband totaled it. *sigh*
    Looked like this but convertible:
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Fordor, not the "stylish" fastback.
    \
    To be honest, I had the 'fordor' too. w/ the 390.

I'd take rexannes '63 over anything else in this thread though...

My first car was a 1975 Plymouth Gran Fury Brougham. I can't find any decent pictures of it, but it was pretty much the "cop car" of the day...

This is the closest I can find (a really bad picture, but what can you do)... but mine was white with a maroon roof (styling, I know).

Paul

ahhh..fury's

My dad had a 'christine' like 58 fury when I was a tyke.

I bought a '68 fury for $188 from a used car lot. Drove the hell out of it, and sold it for $300 after the muffler fell off, lol.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast