Affiliate Network Rep Kim Salvino's Avatar
    4Checks.com Welcomes New York Affiliates!
    It is with great happiness that I announce to everyone today that the 4Checks.com Affiliate Program can now work with affiliate partners residing in the state of New York.

After a final legal review, we will be posting an updated version of our current terms and conditions, and all New York partners will need to sign an affidavit before beginning or resuming promotion of 4Checks products.

I will say here and now that I do not make this announcement with the expectation that New York partners will be lining up to join again. When the law was first introduced, we thought there was no way it would pass. We were confident that we wouldn't fall under the terms even if it did. But after some research and conferring with legal counsel, we felt we had no other choice but to pause these relationships. I worked to find a quick solution, but to be honest, none were to be found. We don't have the current programming in place to determine the information we would need to know, we did not have the capability to quickly install the software necessary to being collecting the tax and the law was just too ambiguous to make guesses on what would or would not create liability. To us, under those circumstances, there was no feasible solution for compliance.

And then I attended the NY tax meeting in Albany, expecting to be tomatoed and willing to take full responsibility for changing the game in the 7th inning. I was welcomed with open arms by a group of extremely smart and talented people in search of a solution. To say thank you at this point, to all of those that made the donation of their time, money and expertise seems so small. But thank you just the same, to Mellie, Kevin, Rhea, Packy, Andy, Deb, Haiko, Donuts and all the rest who gave what they did to make the solution a reality.

So I come before you today, to ask that you make the right decision for you and for your business. If that decision includes working with me and 4Checks again or for the first time, I am humbled and grateful for the opportunity. If it does not, please know that I wish you the best in all your endeavors and completely understand and respect your decision.
    Kim Salvino, Client Services Director, Performance Horizon Group
    Reach me at kim.salvino(at)performancehorizon.com or on (443) 617-4036

Thank you for validating our work by reaching this decision.

Again, I'll say it was an honor to have you with us in Albany. It's your attention to detail and level of caring that sets you apart from 90% of the affiliate managers I know, and it does NOT go unnoticed, by me, and by many.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Congrats. Let's hope 4Checks is the first of MANY programs that open back up to NY affiliates.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I knew it! I'm really happy for you Kim, you worked so hard toward this moment, you must feel like a million bucks!

And even though I can't sell checks for #@*#& I'm so grateful for your efforts on behalf of NY affiliates that I'm going to sign up for your program and maybe I'll make us both a couple of bucks!

Congrats on being the first merchant to open their program back up to NY affiliates!

Indeed, wonderful news, Kim. I am so happy for you and for my Affiliate friends in New York. Bravo, all, on a job well done.

Kevin said it so eloquently, and I agree; you are certainly one of the best AMs in the business.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Excellent news, Kim!

Geno

Fantastic Kim! I know how hard you worked on this especially over the last couple days.

Congratulations!
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

I'm most excited for you, Kim, because I know how much you were agonizing over the need to remove the NY affiliates to begin with. You did great work here standing up for what you knew was right.
    --Tricia Meyer-- I love being the exception to the rule.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

Thank you so much for the positive feedback.

I can not wait to speak on the NY panel at Summit. The steps merchants need to take to make this possible are so easy to follow, I see no reason why everyone can not work with NY affiliates again.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Outstanding!!!

I was too busy packing and and running around that I didn't hear about this announcement until I saw Kim at the summit. It was great news to say the least. Now I have to figure out what I have to do at SAS to get rolling.
    The Answer to the New York Tax Law - Repeal, REPEAL, REPEAL -

Camping Gear and Equipment

Cool
    they are on autoaccept at SAS. NY affiliates aren't mentioned on the TOS page yet but I'm sure we'll hear more there.

I applied, was accepted, and linked again to a page I made for them. Now, let's sell some checks!

Quote Originally Posted by Herb ԿԬ
    they are on autoaccept at SAS. NY affiliates aren't mentioned on the TOS page yet but I'm sure we'll hear more there.

I applied, was accepted, and linked again to a page I made for them. Now, let's sell some checks!
    Hey Herb I didn't think I would be working for a couple days after you kicking my butt with that fast pace walking of yours But here I am and I agree about lets sell some checks.

I'm in a pending mode at SAS because of a problem we were having before Kim was able to approve us NY'ers. I'll just work on the templates until I hear from Kim as to what I should do I'm still recuperating from the trip so I don't see me pulling an all nighter tonight.

Packy,

Herb is right. We are on Auto Approve and I am waiting for our web designers to upload the new text. It should be there tomorrow.

I ask any affiliates based in New York that are promoting us or are planning to start, to please send me an email at 4checksam at gmail . com to request the affidavit. This is a temporary solution until I can link the affidavit via PDF to the sign up page, which should happen quickly as well.

Thank you, for the interest and the patience while we work out the little nuances, and welcome to the check business!

Kim, thanks for the quick response and the approval. It looks like I'm good to go now

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread