Will my affliliate site work?
    Hi,

I just found your web site and am trying to gain as much insight as I can about affiliate marketing, as I'm a a newbie, and also trying to figure out whether the concept of my web site will work.

My site is focused on helping women and girls find difficult to find narrow (AA, AAA & AAAA width) shoes.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the names of all of my affiliates, but one of them is Zappos.com, which does carry a large selection of narrow shoes.

The business plan, if you will, is to help women and girls find their difficult to find size more easily by bringing all of the sites that carry narrow shoes together rather than the consumer having to spend endless hours online trying to find a good selection of the stylish shoes. A lot of narrow shoes are pretty dowdy, actually.

What is the best way to evaluate whether or not this will work? Basically it's all affiliate driven. I haven't affiliated with any actual vendors of narrow shoes. Should I be doing that as well?

What works for you? Any thoughts or suggestions would be most welcome.

Thank you!

Yup, Sure ... now let me check ... Cagles Mill's Avatar
    Zappos is the merchant. YOU are the affiliate. You are getting your terminology backwards, which makes it confusing to follow your question.
    Rick M.
    I would rather have a bottle in front of me, than have a frontal lobotomy!
    Does your bubblegum lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight?

No Longer Banned!
    Quote Originally Posted by iloveshoes
    Hi,

I just found your web site and am trying to gain as much insight as I can about affiliate marketing, as I'm a a newbie, and also trying to figure out whether the concept of my web site will work.

My site is focused on helping women and girls find difficult to find narrow (AA, AAA & AAAA width) shoes.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the names of all of my affiliates, but one of them is Zappos.com, which does carry a large selection of narrow shoes.

The business plan, if you will, is to help women and girls find their difficult to find size more easily by bringing all of the sites that carry narrow shoes together rather than the consumer having to spend endless hours online trying to find a good selection of the stylish shoes. A lot of narrow shoes are pretty dowdy, actually.

What is the best way to evaluate whether or not this will work? Basically it's all affiliate driven. I haven't affiliated with any actual vendors of narrow shoes. Should I be doing that as well?

What works for you? Any thoughts or suggestions would be most welcome.

Thank you!
    Hi

I think you might want to post in site review to get a beeter picture of what kind of shape your site is in.

As far as your biz plan goes, most guys are going to be generic with that info, if they will answer you at all. Some folks here will even pump you for info, to go ahead and use it for them selves. Welcome to ABW bro.

Hard to find shoes seems like a low competition niche. That can work. There are millions of shoe hawks out there so you gotta stand out.

I struggle with the very same issues as you do. I am blind to the differences between my site and some guys that makes millions of dollars per year in the same vertical. Getting a second opinion here can be a tough practise because most do not want to have a tech style discussion on anything. After all, this not Linux, and very few people are tech oriented here no matter how smart they are. Soooo, in the end, you are likely to go around in circles or just get ignored on this one. A few will even brag that they stopped another newbie from making money.

One thing I might suggest is to refine your questions a little more. Try for things that are less about what a specific person is doing to succeed. They might be a little less defencive about it.

There are tech questions you can ask too. This will help you some.

I hope this helps

Steve
    DreamLinux.net | Registered Linux User 453976 | PM me to view our sites. It's a Google thing.

Thanks,

I did post in site review. I guess you have a point, about people pumping me for additional info. for their own gain. I hope that wouldn't be the case. But we'll just have to see.

If you have a moment to take a look at my post there, please do.

Thanks.

No Longer Banned!
    Quote Originally Posted by iloveshoes
    Thanks,

I did post in site review. I guess you have a point, about people pumping me for additional info. for their own gain. I hope that wouldn't be the case. But we'll just have to see.

If you have a moment to take a look at my post there, please do.

Thanks.
    Will do.

It is. There is a member here that does it to me pretty frequently. Just read my most recent posts. Shit happens. Besides, info is free anyway. Unless its proprietary. I don't care much. But you might wanna get an idea of how to pose your questions to max your results though. ya digg ?

Thats why, even though I fail at times, when I post, give out NO personal info. it is technical discussion only. Ask a question=get answer.

Like anywhere, if you are liked, your life will be easier. If you aloof ... well you get it by now.

Just one thing. Never ever give up brother.

Steve
    Last edited by Steve Williams; August 8th, 2008 at 12:14 AM. Reason: Texas Spelling Spree....
    DreamLinux.net | Registered Linux User 453976 | PM me to view our sites. It's a Google thing.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread