Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    lol..Ebay have killed so many accounts today
    i just heared this from another affiliate forums ,that EPN team kill so many affiliate accounts with no reasons no email notice.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Why do you think this is funny?

ABW Ambassador
    And that is funny, WHY?

Not only the olympics happen in China this month
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Perhaps they're busting ACRU traffic-ees. That WOULD be funny.

X

More details please.

Quote Originally Posted by ubamba
    More details please.
    Getting nervous?

X

Just curious, that's all.

Insomuch as our understanding of eBay's reasoning behind it's policies is all speculation, here's more...

With eBay's new captcha policy on the new user signup form it would be very easy for them to collect affiliate information from every failed/incomplete signup, and tabulate that info to create affiliate statistics. Affiliates with more than a few captcha failed signups would be suspect of buying (or sourcing) automated new user signups for the purpose of collecting ACRU commissions.

How's that for speculation. Betcha eBay's not so dumb programmers are coming up with tricks like that.

X

Cheers for that. Looks like Ebay is taking measures against fraudulent signups. Well, if affiliates are going to do this kind of thing they need to realize they'll get called out sooner or later...probably sooner than later.

I have been reading all over the place about accounts being banned. MANY people have next to no ACRUs, and ebay states their accounts (if they got the e-mail at all) were for non-bonafide transactions or questionable traffic.

Now in the past when ebay shut down people for non-bonafide registrations (ACRUs) they stated that clearly in their e-mails.

So this banning list I believe has nothing to do with low quality or bad signups to ebay. Sure there might be a few of them out there that are banned for this specific reason, but I seriously doubt THIS many people were doing fraudulent signups. Considering if you look at specific cases a lot of these people are just clueless period.

It's come to the point that ebay is no longer reliable at all. It's possible to get banned for things you have no control over.

As is demonstrated here so often, what the poster says and what the poster does are many time two different things.

Guess I'm getting cynical in my old age...

X

Just logged into my account (for the first time since I signed up) and it's "working as intended". So they didn't off affs for inactivity or failure to send back tax forms.

Must be as speculated on above... bad things man. Bad things.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by Boomers
    As is demonstrated here so often, what the poster says and what the poster does are many time two different things.

Guess I'm getting cynical in my old age...
    True, but in some forums I know a lot of the people for some time. I believe them. I am sure there are a lot of shady characters as well that deserved being banned.

I believe ebay is getting too paranoid for it's own good.

I seem to recall seeing that the new quality ratings are being made available around Aug. 9. This action may have been taken in anticipation of that upcoming event. This is rank speculation, but wouldn't it make sense to cull out partners who fail to meet a certain threshold vis a vis the quality ratings before going public with them?

Quote Originally Posted by Potent Mix
    This is rank speculation, but wouldn't it make sense to cull out partners who fail to meet a certain threshold vis a vis the quality ratings before going public with them?

Yes, more GOOD speculation...

X

ABW Ambassador
    I think the first quality ratings won't be out until Sept 9th. They're taking this month of August to get some idea and then on the 9th of every month, updating it. At least that's how I read it. If they're killing off the fraudulent accounts, it's good, unless obviously you're innocent. I've read a few of those on the ebay forums but when people dug some more, it came out that ebay was right. But they probably get some wrong along the way as well.

i just heared this from another affiliate forums ,that EPN team kill so many affiliate accounts with no reasons no email notice.
    Well, I doubt very highly it's for no reason. That would mean they just randomly terminate affiliates. Do you realize how silly that sounds?

As far as email notice, let me just say this..... If someone joins my forum and with their first post, posts a long list of Nike shoes or cell phones with a website link or an email address they get immediately banned. Do I take the time to send them an email and explain? Hell no.

If I'm the ePN affiliate manager and I see an affiliate that has enough influx of ACRU's from the same IP block over a short period of time that it's completely obvious that they're scamming, do I bother to send the an email explaining why they're terminated? Ummm... probably not, they know why.

your forum is not the EPN,and you are not the account manager of the EPN,this is just your thinking way ,i found it sounds silly too

Yep... Alllll speculation!

Definitions of speculation on the Web:
    * guess: a message expressing an opinion based on incomplete evidence
    * a hypothesis that has been formed by speculating or conjecturing (usually with little hard evidence); "speculations about the outcome of the election"; "he dismissed it as mere conjecture"
    * an investment that is very risky but could yield great profits; "he knew the stock was a speculation when he bought it"
    * meditation: continuous and profound contemplation or musing on a subject or series of subjects of a deep or abstruse nature

X

Quote Originally Posted by lovekanewangbo
    your forum is not the EPN,and you are not the account manager of the EPN,this is just your thinking way ,i found it sounds silly too
    Ok mr. ePN account manager. You tell us the answer to your OP...

X

Same IP block huh?

Well, here is one for you. Let's do some geo-targeting of traffic (perhaps even some local advertisements) and we get lots of signups from say, Little Rock, AR. The affiliate spent money to get that geographic area.

Now it stands to reason that most people that signup will have the same "ip block" as others in Little Rock, AR. So should you ban that affiliate based solely on the ip block theory or do you look at the leads themselves and make sure they are "quality"?

With that said, this round of bans most of the e-mails posted I have read say nothing about bad signups, but bad "traffic" or "transactions". Last month when I read the banning posts it specifically stated dealing with new "registered users".

Quote Originally Posted by bobby131313
    Well, I doubt very highly it's for no reason. That would mean they just randomly terminate affiliates. Do you realize how silly that sounds?

As far as email notice, let me just say this..... If someone joins my forum and with their first post, posts a long list of Nike shoes or cell phones with a website link or an email address they get immediately banned. Do I take the time to send them an email and explain? Hell no.

If I'm the ePN affiliate manager and I see an affiliate that has enough influx of ACRU's from the same IP block over a short period of time that it's completely obvious that they're scamming, do I bother to send the an email explaining why they're terminated? Ummm... probably not, they know why.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomers
    Yep... Alllll speculation!

Definitions of speculation on the Web:
    * guess: a message expressing an opinion based on incomplete evidence
    * a hypothesis that has been formed by speculating or conjecturing (usually with little hard evidence); "speculations about the outcome of the election"; "he dismissed it as mere conjecture"
    * an investment that is very risky but could yield great profits; "he knew the stock was a speculation when he bought it"
    * meditation: continuous and profound contemplation or musing on a subject or series of subjects of a deep or abstruse nature
    Boomers all anything could possibly be is speculation as ebay doesn't feel the need to explain itself. They will never answer or allow these people to tell their side of things or ask questions.

Unlike when ebay was with CJ. With CJ you could talk to Network Quality and explain your traffic and they would give you enough information for you to possibly see where there might be an issue.

However, ebay has taken the approach like they do with their auction site, we don't listen and do what we want. While it's their business, it's also YOUR business. It was your site, your traffic, and money you earned. If you were doing everything within TOS (or even made a simple mistake, they DO happen) then you should have a right to appeal. However, ebay doesn't give you that right. They will answer right away and apparently never respond again.

No, just like with their questionable tracking and reporting, there is something wrong here.

Well, here is one for you. Let's do some geo-targeting of traffic (perhaps even some local advertisements) and we get lots of signups from say, Little Rock, AR. The affiliate spent money to get that geographic area.

Now it stands to reason that most people that signup will have the same "ip block" as others in Little Rock, AR. So should you ban that affiliate based solely on the ip block theory or do you look at the leads themselves and make sure they are "quality"?
    Fine, but I also said "completely obvious", if you truly don't see my point and just want to be argumentative that's OK.

I was referring to the likes of the genius that posted on the eBay board whining when he got canned because all his ACRU's were from the same college campus and didn't buy a freakin' thing. It was all register, bid, register, bid, register, bid, ........

However, ebay has taken the approach like they do with their auction site, we don't listen and do what we want. While it's their business, it's also YOUR business. It was your site, your traffic, and money you earned. If you were doing everything within TOS (or even made a simple mistake, they DO happen) then you should have a right to appeal. However, ebay doesn't give you that right. They will answer right away and apparently never respond again.
    Of course we can't be sure if it's true, but there has been several claims of reinstatement on the eBay boards.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast