Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    My first Affiliate Summit
    Well this was fun, informative, validating, exhausting and oh yeah, delicious!

Thanks to Shawn and Missy for running Affiliate Summit, Brian for the awesome party Sunday, Haiko and Michelle for the incredible dinner last night, and not least of all, Mellie, my intrepid roommate, for putting up with me for two days and nights and letting me follow her around. To all the folks I met for the first, second or third time -- thanks for being pals. It helps to know that others are following the right path and following the right people, too.

I'd also like to thank everyone who approached me to ask questions about the NY affiliate solution or offered assistance, and especially the affiliate managers who expressed their hope the solution will allow them to reinstate terminated NY affiliates.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Nice meeting you and Mellie.
    Hope that the super due keep out of trouble

It was nice meeting you too, Eric. I was being AWFULLY good at Summit, donchathink?

Affiliate Network Rep Kim Salvino's Avatar
    Rhea,

It was wonderful to see you again! I admire your spunkiness and think that you are one smart cookie.

I was very pleased at the amount of positive feedback merchants were giving on the NY compliance solution and I look forward to many more merchants instituting it!
    Kim Salvino, Client Services Director, Performance Horizon Group
    Reach me at kim.salvino(at)performancehorizon.com or on (443) 617-4036

Heya Kim! Spunky, huh? Darn -- I was shooting for ferocious. Oh well. lol!

It was fun meeting your mom and of course hanging out with you again. I do remember that I need to send you an email about joining the 4checks program. Will do that as soon as the dogs stop pestering me. They missed their mommy and now they won't leave me alone.

Hoping Mellie will check in soon. Bit worried about her and Nexus the blue beta as she apparently ran into bad traffic while driving home.

ABW Ambassador
    I felt so guilty this morning as I wrinkled my nose at the smelly salt marsh beside my house! When I finish this frenetic Baltimore - Cape Cod commute, will have to get you up here for a tour.

Seriously, it was great to meet you. Couldn't make yesterday's sessions because of family visitors. Thank you to you and Herb for letting me hang out with you guys when I could get there!

You're very welcome, Aunt Lily but it was fun hanging out with you too! I didn't make the sessions yesterday either. I had the flu last week and the novelty and excitement of the summit totally wore me out so I decided it was best to head for home.

I would love to come for a visit and we can put on long pants and reef runners and I'll take you out to the salt marsh to find critters. They're not always easy to find. You have to know what to look for and where to look for them. I do miss the smell of low tide. :sniffle:

Nexus & I made it home safely. About 45 minutes or so outside of Boston there was a torrential downpour and then a huge accident a couple miles later. We stopped at the rest stop just after the accident for coffee and twitter check-in. Rest of trip home was okay except for those periodic downpours.

Summit was great and on the NY issue we made some good progress. I enjoyed meeting so many new people, seeing old friends and of course rooming with Rhea.

I do have more to say (surprised? lol) but will save it for later. Catching up with the kids & the pets
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

Hey Mellie! I'm relieved that you and Nexus made it home alright. I got caught in a couple of downpours when I left Boston yesterday morning and then there was a bit of excitement sometime later when a car ahead of me on the highway had a blowout. Yikes!

I hope everyone had a relatively uneventful trip home from Summit.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Nice seeing you agian Rhea ... enjoyed our chat at Morton's. See you soon at next summit or before ...
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Affiliate Network Rep Kim Salvino's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhea
    Heya Kim! Spunky, huh? Darn -- I was shooting for ferocious. Oh well. lol!

It was fun meeting your mom and of course hanging out with you again. I do remember that I need to send you an email about joining the 4checks program. Will do that as soon as the dogs stop pestering me. They missed their mommy and now they won't leave me alone.

Hoping Mellie will check in soon. Bit worried about her and Nexus the blue beta as she apparently ran into bad traffic while driving home.
    How about ferociously spunky?

No hurry, we'll be here. Get yourself all settled in and then we'll chat.
    Kim Salvino, Client Services Director, Performance Horizon Group
    Reach me at kim.salvino(at)performancehorizon.com or on (443) 617-4036

I've uploaded photos from the dinner at Morton's and also the dinner on 7/27, prior to the NY affiliate meeting in Albany to the internet. If you attended either event and would like to view the photos just send me a PM and I'll send you the link.

Kim: I can live with ferociously spunky.

Well this was fun, informative, validating, exhausting and oh yeah, delicious!
    I agree!

It was so fabulous to have gotten the chance to meet you face to face as well.. that made my day
    [URL=http://www.mypenguintravels.com][COLOR=DarkRed]Have you seen my penguin?[/COLOR][/URL]
    [FONT=Tahoma]The Blog: [URL=http://www.jgoode.com][COLOR=Indigo]JGoode.com [/COLOR][/URL] | The Shop: [URL=http://www.jgoodedesigns.com][COLOR=Indigo]JGoode Designs [/COLOR][/URL]
    [SIZE=1][B]Designer/Illustrator/Professional Doodler[/B] for [B]Apparel, Gifts, Decor & more...[/B][/SIZE] :artist:[/FONT]

Even Spunkier and Ferocious than any troll killer I could ever imagine

It was truly great finally meeting you, all I can say is thank YOU!
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

It was great meeting you Rhea. I love meeting ABW friends and putting faces to names. I hope to see you in Vegas. PM coming for a link to the photos...
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Rhea,

I am so bummed I missed Summit and missed meeting you! You absolutely HAVE to get to Vegas for Summit West! None of this "I'm not the Vegas type" nonsense ...you don't have to gamble or be decadent, just enjoy US! :-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Rexanne I had no idea you could be so bossy!

I'm very touched you want to meet me. I would like to meet you, too. But the odds are I will not put in an appearance in Vegas in this lifetime. In fact it might be easier to convince Shawn and Missy to hold the next Summit in Montreal. (hint-hint)

Online Marketing Consultant
    Rhea, it was an absolute pleasure to meet you. It was great to finally meet you as I have been following your posts for a long time here. Now let's go get some trolls!
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

It was a pleasure to meet you too, Rollerblader. I'm glad we had time to shmooze, although it was brief. Next time we'll have to have a longer chat. Keep watching out for those trolls!

Rhea,

I hear they are "in season" - you'll be a busy ABW'er.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

ABW Ambassador
    Rexanne I had no idea you could be so bossy!

I'm very touched you want to meet me. I would like to meet you, too. But the odds are I will not put in an appearance in Vegas in this lifetime. In fact it might be easier to convince Shawn and Missy to hold the next Summit in Montreal. (hint-hint)
    ooh - Montreal. Now you're talking. (I probably won't make Vegas either.)

Hmmmm. Montreal, eh.......
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Jen Goode! I didn't mean to overlook your post. I forgot. lol! Been doing a bunch of that since I got home and I can't even blame it on the time difference.

It was awesome meeting you at Summit. You are one of my favorite CP artists and I love the affiliate tools you've built for CP as well. I used to use them all the time, before I got booted for being a NY resident, and I hope to use them again in the future. >koff<

I'm just sorry it was so noisy at the party that it made it difficult to chat. I hope next time we'll be in a more conducive setting and can talk "shop" and penguins. Yours are the best!

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread