Beware: ClassicCloseouts.com
    So I notice on my credit card a bogus charge from ClassicCloseouts.com. I've never shopped there.

I call ClassicCloseouts on thursday, several times, and only ever get an answering machine. So I eventually leave a message.. Do the same thing again on Friday.. Then I send an email on Saturday... Then I try calling again on Monday...

It's now Weds, and I have yet to get a call back from them, nor have they ever picked up the phone, or sent me an email reply...

I eventually called my credit card, and disputed the charge.

Who stole your credit card number? Did you give it away in an e-mail or website phishing scam? Or was it among the millions of credit card numbers that were reported stolen? You may want to put a fraud alert on your credit report.

I took a look at them in SAS when skirts.com went under, but the site is horrible and leaks. Bogus card charges too? Nice folks.

Quote Originally Posted by 25trees
    Who stole your credit card number? Did you give it away in an e-mail or website phishing scam? Or was it among the millions of credit card numbers that were reported stolen? You may want to put a fraud alert on your credit report.
    This is the only bad charge. Credit card number was keyed in (through internet I assume). That's exactly why I'd like ANYONE at ClassicCloseouts to pick up the phone or send me an email. They could tell me a LOT, like what was ordered, where was it sent, etc etc..

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Apparently this company has a long history of bad practices.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...uts+complaints

15 years and counting
    I don't understand how this company can have so many complaints for "Unauthorized Charges" and still be in business. Scary!

ABW Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by Rhea
    Apparently this company has a long history of bad practices.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...uts+complaints
    The first complaint I read here was for a bogus $69.99 charge to their credit card... Same as me, $69.99

It happened to me, too. I did buy something from them in Nov 07. The bogus charge for 59.99 showed up in May 08. If you never bought from them, it's scarier that they can get a hold of your credit card info. Perhaps you shopped at one of their partner websites.

Regular consumers still have payment security concerns when shopping online and these bastards just give them more reason to. I hope a law firm slaps them with a class-action make them pay for wasting people's time and money. It seems they just placed a bogus charge to any credit card they can, and consider those who don't dispute as "profit".

How can this stuff not be considered criminal?

ABW Ambassador
    This isn't an issue for a class action. This is a criminal issue that both the credit card holders and credit card companies should report to the authorities. Allegations of credit card fraud will likely put them out of business.

Affiliate Manager GlobalGolf-Amanda's Avatar
    I'd also suggest filing complaints with The Internet Crime Complaint Center and the BBB: http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx
    bbb.org
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Amanda Moralis
    GlobalGolf.com | GolfShoesOnly.com | TaylorMadeGolfPreOwned.com
    [URL=https://signup.cj.com/member/brandedPublisherSignUp.do?air_refmerchantid=2132449]Join our affiliate program![/URL] | [URL=http://globalgolfaff.blogspot.com/]GlobalGolf & GSO Affiliate Blog[/URL] | [URL=http://feeds.feedburner.com/ggaffs/]Coupon Feed[/URL]

ABW Ambassador
    this is scary stuff, I have a few sites promoting them but I might pull all links unless we here from them and they explain what is going on here!
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

I got the one link I had for them off my site.
    Their 'contact us' page is a form, 'whois' is anonymous.

Cool
    I had links to them for quite a while and sent them a lot of traffic according to stats but according to them I never made a sale and they never paid me anything.

I removed their links. That was about 2 years ago.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Question Classiccloseouts charged me for bogus orders
    I'm happy to run into this site. I thought I was victim of identity fraud but now I see that this company is making fraudulent charges to not only my credit card but to others as well. And I notice that the amount of the charges are the same. I was charged twice, once on 7/23 for $69.99 and then again 8/11 for $59.99. I just noticed it last night and was calling classiccloseouts and left a few messages and even wrote an email. I called my credit card company and changed my card. There definitely needs to be an investigation, this is not normal.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I was alerting all ABWers to them being a traffic rip-off when they had a zero EPC at SAS, disfunctional Goldencan product links, and even SAS banner and text links not working. Seems the datamining URL directed too from all affiliate links also served to provide the ClassicCloseout operators with a sellable info...

Now a credit card scraping scheme added toi their other miseries.. I think GoldenCan's ASIF and Brian at SAS should compare notes and figure out how to put a fork in this over done piece of meat.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread