ABW Ambassador
    Houses go for a $1
    This is such a SAD story.

"The home, at 8111 Traverse Street, a few blocks from Detroit City Airport, was the nicest house on the block when it sold for $65,000 in November 2006, said neighbor Carl Upshaw. But the home was foreclosed last summer, and it wasn't long until "the vultures closed in," Upshaw said. "The siding was the first to go. Then they took the fence. Then they broke in and took everything else."

Full Story

ABW Ambassador
    That is such a sad story.

Affiliate Manager PingoPrepaidCallingCards's Avatar
    wow what a story. buy land for $1 to $300. I heard two positive stories from affiliate summit this week.

1st Affiliate: Mark at 45n5 building a house on a nice set of land in Kentucky.

2nd Afffiliate: Bought a house in Missori for about the same price this house sold for in 2006. So that they he can live off his affiliate income.

Pretty nice story's of meeting people that are making a living in this industry.
    Brian Hawkins AM @ [URL=http://www.pingo.com/affiliate.do]Pingo[/URL] Earn up to $35 CPA for a [URL=http://www.pingo.com/p/onedollar/onedollar.html]$1 trial offer[/URL]!
    [URL=http://www.twitter.com/TelecomAgents]@TelecomAgents[/URL] [URL=http://www.twitter.com/telephonecard]@TelephoneCard[/URL]

One day I was bored, checked on realtor .com & found hundreds of detroit houses listed from $1 to a couple thousand.

Then went to google earth street view. You can go up and down the streets looking at these neighborhoods. Some of them don't look that bad to me.

(my spouse is from Det. area)

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Ward
    This is such a SAD story.

"The home, at 8111 Traverse Street, a few blocks from Detroit City Airport, was the nicest house on the block when it sold for $65,000 in November 2006, said neighbor Carl Upshaw. But the home was foreclosed last summer, and it wasn't long until "the vultures closed in," Upshaw said. "The siding was the first to go. Then they took the fence. Then they broke in and took everything else."

Full Story
    Meh. Welcome to Detroit. Metal theft has become quite a big problem because of the high prices scrapyards are paying lately. And I don't ever recall a time when the other, normal, thief-attracting stuff would've stayed put for long in what amounts to an abandoned house there.

Fortunately, I live far enough away that my area is safe, but I'm within range of the Detroit TV stations and papers, which is enough that I wouldn't want to move there.

Quote Originally Posted by Simcat
    Then went to google earth street view. You can go up and down the streets looking at these neighborhoods. Some of them don't look that bad to me.

(my spouse is from Det. area)
    Don't let it fool you. My grandparents lived there, in a nice-looking neighborhood, and they got ripped off 3 or 4 times.

There's lots of nice-looking neighborhoods there, but the prices of housing let you know where the *actually* nice neighborhoods are...if it's in the city or metro area, and the price has got 5 digits or less, RUN, run far far away...

>quite a big problem because of the high prices scrapyards are paying lately

That is just amazing. Is it enough for making money or just enough to get high/drunk?
    [url=http://www.drastictactics.com/]Drastic Tactics[/url] - Performance Marketing Since 1998

No Longer Banned!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drastic
    >quite a big problem because of the high prices scrapyards are paying lately

That is just amazing. Is it enough for making money or just enough to get high/drunk?
    Yes. After all, they can steal something else tomorrow.

at .60 cents per lb, a 10 foot copper tube will bring enough to get high on for two days and a bit of rent at the bunk haus. Plus a pack of smokes.

Metal theft is big in dallas.

Steve
    DreamLinux.net | Registered Linux User 453976 | PM me to view our sites. It's a Google thing.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread