Any quick, easy way to quit SAS merchant programs?
    I just scrolled through the "Activity Summary" screen(s) in my SAS dashboard. I saw, in the process, probably a dozen merchants listed who have closed their program or have been "temporarily offline" for months.

There doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day to go one-by-one through all that mess, locate lame merchants, and "Quit" them one-by-one.

Surely there must be a quicker way to see 1) what merchant I need to dump, and, 2) how to dump 'em quickly and painlessly, isn't there?

No? Yes? NO?????

Gimme a break, someone, and tip me off to a good way to houseclean these lame-O merchants.
    Generate more fake news.

It would be nice if there was a check box in that summary screen where you could check them off and quit them all at the same time. The biggest annoyance for me is that when you say "Yes, I do want to quit" you don't get back to the summary, you are instead invited to join new merchants I think.

The biggest annoyance for me is that when you say "Yes, I do want to quit" you don't get back to the summary, you are instead invited to join new merchants I think.
    I thought I was the only one that didn't liked that feature.

But I found a way around that!

From the summary page, I just right click open whatever other page, on a new window, so that way I don't lose the line I was looking at on the summary page.

If you click on the column headings first you can sort them in order of status so all the little Quit boxes would be together.
    Activity Summary is a very useful page to me, of course I do not have 7000 lines in there. yet.

Quote Originally Posted by 2busy
    If you click on the column headings first you can sort them in order of status so all the little Quit boxes would be together.
    Activity Summary is a very useful page to me, of course I do not have 7000 lines in there. yet.
    Okay, I guess I'm not getting what you mean. I just looked at my Activity Summary page and saw no column heading to click which would help me put anything useful "together." Already it shows a "Quit" column. I want to be able to arrange the mess so all the "Closed" or "Temporary Offline" or "Low Funds" merchants are grouped together so it becomes easier to quit several at a time.

Or not, I guess?

But I see no column heading which sorts by "Merchant Status" or whatever you would call that.
    Generate more fake news.

You're right Gary, I have used it to sort merchants for a lot of things so I thought you could do that too. I tried several different ways, but nope. I could go down the list checking off the box and get all those merchants on one page, but then there's no link to quit, just the program information. Sorry for giving you false hopes, I should've tried it first - it just seemed a reasonable thing to have there.

Along these same lines, every time I see the words "Temporarily Offline" I think "since when...?" Has it been a couple days or a couple months?

It would be a nice addition to the system to give affiliates the date merchant's go offline, and perhaps an average number of offline days per month/year. In some cases "Temporarily Offline" is effectively the same as being closed, just not as definitive.
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

It's all these things you have to struggle and puzzle over to get done that makes it so frustrating! I guess SAS isn't unique that way, because I have all sorts of problems finding my way around stats and reporting at nearly all the networks. Some much, MUCH worse than SAS.

So I don't mean to be harsh on them by any means!

Sure would be nice, though, to find an easier way for this. Glad to know I'm not the only one thinking that. LOL!
    Generate more fake news.

It would be a nice addition to the system to give affiliates the date merchant's go offline, and perhaps an average number of offline days per month/year. In some cases "Temporarily Offline" is effectively the same as being closed, just not as definitive.
    The way I check that is to click on the merchant, which takes me to their details page, then up in the preview creative / join program paragraph, there's a uptime history link that will give you their entire online offline history so you can judge how many minutes - days - months they take to get back online. I think that was an improvement that came from the first Think Tank.

Judi,

Thanks for pointing out that link!

Out of curiosity I visited our own uptime history and was a little annoyed at what I saw. Ours has a bunch of entries like the following:

At 1:46:59 PM our status switches to "low funds", and a whopping 3 seconds later at 1:47:02 switches back to "online" as auto-deposit kicks in. These status change pairs are always only 3 or 4 seconds apart, so I guess I don't understand why SAS doesn't attempt auto-deposit first, and change the status only when necessary.
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread