Affiliate Manager
    Merchant Seeking Advice
    Hello All,

I am currently seeking some advice from all you affiliate managers out there! I have an issue of where and what programs I should start with to get my products known? I have begun in SAS but I want more! I really want to expand my management of my products. Any suggestions??

Thank You All,

Tony

You made a good decision to start with SAS. I usually suggest merchants start a new affiliate program with SAS.
    1) Inexpensive to launch
    2) Relatively easy to manage
    3) Big enough to allow for some success

It depends of your products/website, but the next step would be..

1) Commission Junction, Linkshare, or Google Affiliates (Performics). I would eliminate Linkshare from this list because they are more expensive than the others and are exclusive (couldn't have multiple networks).
    Commission Junction is generally the best, but the Google network can also be appealing depending on your category.
    2) CPA networks. CPA networks place individual offers. Again, depending on your products, these could be useful.

ABW Ambassador
    Are you working with popshops. It's free for merchants and it is a very easy way for affiliates to add individual products to their sites.

Any merchant planning an affiliate program should spend many hours reading through the "Merchant Best Practices" forum here on ABW. Check out the recent thread at http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=108928

Quote Originally Posted by eevelle2
    Hello All,

I am currently seeking some advice from all you affiliate managers out there! I have an issue of where and what programs I should start with to get my products known? I have begun in SAS but I want more! I really want to expand my management of my products. Any suggestions??

What is your site conversion rate? If you improve conversion, you improve everything (sales, affiliate sales, etc.)

Also do you have a product data feed? If not, I can help (for free) with that. e-mail me russellsnapper at gmail

Affiliate Manager
    Yes, I am currently working with PopShops and GoldenCan. I have numerous different products. I believe there is about 3,000 I am trying to advertise. I have come in contact with Cj and Linkshare but I am split between the two. Which one is better? I have applied with the Google Network but I never get a response. Has this happened to anyone else? What is a CPA network?

Thanks All,

Tony

Affiliate Manager
    I do have a product datafeed. It is categorized but needs some html work for better picture optimization. What would be a good conversion rate? I will be looking that up in a moment.

You can give me a call if you want.. 704 x 582 x 9701

Quote Originally Posted by eevelle2
    > Cj and Linkshare . . . . Which one is better? <
    Without a doubt, most affiliates prefer Commission Junction over LinkShare. In any event, LinkShare requires exclusivity, so you couldn't use them unless you abandoned your ShareASale program (which would send a terrible message to current and prospective affiliates). I think you've done well by choosing ShareASale to launch your program, and it probably makes sense to maintain "exclusive ShareASale" status during the first few months, at least.

I personally don't like CJ, and as you've noticed, Google Affiliate Network (Performics) is having trouble keeping up with the growth spurred by their recent acquisition by Google.

CPA networks focus mostly on "cost per action" offers, often leads (mortgage leads, auto-sales leads, etc.), newsletter signups, and free-trial offers.

Affiliate Manager
    So I would have to dump My SAS account for either of those programs? I am pretty much done with trying to deal with Google Affiliate Network for the time being. Do you have any suggestions on what programs I should get involved with? I am looking to expand my horizons and better the sales of my products.

Mark,

I agree with your comments on Linkshare and Google Network. I also think Google Network may not be contacting him because they are more selective than CJ.

I would think that leaves him with CJ, but you don't like them. I am curious -- if not CJ, then what other networks would be good for him.

With most other affiliate networks (except Linkshare), you could keep your SAS network. That would be the wise thing to do.

Affiliate Manager
    Has anyone had any experience with affiliate future? I have looked into their program and it seems to be like a SAS. Can I get some feedback on affiliate future.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread