Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Online Marketing Consultant
    My favorite thing about Summit East was.
    Time to start this thread.

The thing which was fantastic about this Summit as opposed to some of the others was all of the new people there. My goal of meeting and talking to twenty new people each day was extremely easy to reach and Vegas is going to have to be bumped up to 40 =0).

The overall best thing about this Summit though was the information overload that all of these new people got. It may take weeks to digest everything we all learned, but it was more than worth it.

Thank you everyone who came out and to Missy and Shawn who provided the perfect venue for this.
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

Outsourced Program Manager e-Gazer's Avatar
    My favourite thing about ASE Boston 2008 was......

-Getting there!!! Unfortunately I missed so much of the show but once I was there, the energy that this show is famous for was absolutely tangible and I caught the spirit immediately.
    -The exhibit hall was hopping - met lots of new people this time around
    -The beautiful city the Summit was held in - despite the short time I had to see it, I fell in love with the old world charm that Boston has to offer and would love to go back to see more of it sometime.
    -Panels I attended were well put together and more real discussions took place in sessions than in previous years it seemed - providing attendees more value for the money.

Can't wait for Vegas! I have pledged to make sure I make flight arrangements to be there at least 1 day early (like I usually do)!!

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    My favorite thing about Summit was meeting so many people I've known online for so long but never met in person. In many ways Summit was quite overwhelming. Next time I will do a better job of pacing myself.

There are so many things I love about AS. Shawn and Missy did a great job putting this together and each one seems to be better than the last.

What I loved most was seeing my ABW family-meeting some for the first time and seeing friends again.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

ABW Ambassador
    My favorite thing about the summit was meeting everyone - ABWer's and merchants that I've worked with for a long time - and getting a far clearer picture of the big picture of this industry.

It was far friendlier than I had been led to believe after reading some posts about the previous summit. Everyone I sat beside in seminars - introduced themselves - shared their story - wanted to know mine.

When I sat down for a quiet moment in the outer areas, it wasn't long before someone came up and said hello.

All in All a great experience.

My favorite thing always remains the same - meeting and seeing ABW family that makes it all worth while! Actually I get all teary eyed thinking about all the really genuine and special people we do have here at ABW.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Affiliate Manager
    - Meeting all the great ABW'ers.
    - Boston...great city and on my vacation list now.
    - The Wil Reynolds session...by far the most informative at every Summit I've been to.
    - SAS Party

Thanks to Shawn and Missy for their hard work

Outsourced Program Manager Brent E.'s Avatar
    No doubt, the best part(besides Tuesdays stellar redsox game) was meeting so many new and old friends from ABW. I always feel right at home when I meet new ABWers. Putting a face to someones name is something that only happens at events like Summit. I met so many new ABW personalities that I hadn't met in the past that the list is to long to note. I'm already looking forward to the next addition, and meeting you all in person again!

Have a Great Weekend,

Brent
    Brent Elias
    Affiliate Manager/Acceleration-Partners
    Belias(AT)acceleration-partners.com
    "God Grant That Men Of Principle, Shall Be Our Principle Men" - Thomas Jefferson

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    I would say meeting people and that golden can dude harassing me. lol

Online Marketing Consultant
    Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    My favorite thing always remains the same - meeting and seeing ABW family that makes it all worth while! Actually I get all teary eyed thinking about all the really genuine and special people we do have here at ABW.
    This is definitely a highlight as well that many of us always remember. Without ABW I would not have met many of the people I consider closest to me. Even when we get into arguments we always know we can rely on each other. ABW is like no place else.
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

My favorite thing was that I will not be getting a large credit card statement. In fact, I won't be getting one at all.

ABW Ambassador Stephanie Lichtenstein's Avatar
    1. Getting to spend quality time with old and new friends.
    2. The sessions I had a chance to visit got the light bulb shining. I am thinking about starting a blog on my notes (I always take lengthy notes.)
    3. Boston was beautiful, a special thanks to Brent from CSN for showing us around the Prudential Tower!
    4. Last but not least, the marshmallows at the SAS party were delicious.
    @MicroSteph | Stephanie Lichtenstein
    President of Micro Media Marketing
    Outsourced Social Media Management
    Get Connected: LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | AIM: AffiliateLady | Skype: StephanieLichtenstein

1. Boston - incredible city!
    2. Almost getting Sam kicked out of his room three times in one night, thanks to GeekCast Live
    3. The sessions - they were amazing!
    4. Seeing old friends and making new ones
    5. Learning about several new tools that will help our affiliates to grow their businesses

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph-ARC
    4. Last but not least, the marshmallows at the SAS party were delicious.
    Marshmallows? I missed marshmallows? Arghhhhhhhh - *should have been there*
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

My favorite part about this Summit was actually getting to share MY knowledge. Although I still learn so much at every Summit, I am glad to finally be at the point where I can help other people with what I know about the industry. I enjoyed the genuine discourse that I could have with people because we each brought something different to the table and felt passionately about it.
    --Tricia Meyer-- I love being the exception to the rule.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

Being able to spend quality time with so many more people. I found I had more sit down talks and less drive by "hi" moments, I really appreciated the time.

I actually spent so much time talking with people I forgot to run around and grab all the freebies - I did however finally nabbed a skateboard deck from aKMG, although my sales pitch was sorely pathetic

and my absolute favorite is... I have to say THANK YOU to the entire affiliate community for their generosity and support with our fighting breast cancer walk fundraising efforts. You're all absolutely amazing!
    [URL=http://www.mypenguintravels.com][COLOR=DarkRed]Have you seen my penguin?[/COLOR][/URL]
    [FONT=Tahoma]The Blog: [URL=http://www.jgoode.com][COLOR=Indigo]JGoode.com [/COLOR][/URL] | The Shop: [URL=http://www.jgoodedesigns.com][COLOR=Indigo]JGoode Designs [/COLOR][/URL]
    [SIZE=1][B]Designer/Illustrator/Professional Doodler[/B] for [B]Apparel, Gifts, Decor & more...[/B][/SIZE] :artist:[/FONT]

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    The summits keep getting better. I did about 8 trade shows and conferences a year during the 90's. This is a different animal completely. Here I feel that anyone can have a closer relationship with Shawn and Missy who are always approachable. Generally, you have no idea who is organizing a conference. I hope the show doesn't grow beyond the ability to meet people one on one. I make more friends each summit.

Affiliate Network Rep Kim Salvino's Avatar
    It's definitely difficult to pick just one! Here's a few of my favorites, in random order:

1. ARC's Turkish Pistachios
    2. Facing up to a few of my fears by being on a panel and in a video
    3. Unveiling my 4Checks booth!
    4. Seeing everyone, old friends and new, and introducing them to Sharon & Mom
    5. Witnessing the ah-ha moment of merchants when they realized it really isn't difficult to comply with the NY tax law
    6. Grilled cheese with bacon
    7. The beautiful city of Boston
    8. An improptu dinner with educated, passionate forward thinkers who have the best intentions for this industry in their hearts
    9. Introducing a merchant with a current flailing program to ShareASale and watching David Z work his magic
    10. The buzz in the air that is Summit! It's difficult to describe, but I become completely reenergized even after only a few hours of sleep simply by stepping into the Exhibit Hall. The events, the people, the fun, the networking, the opportunity to educate others and to be educated - it all makes me feel like a kid at Christmastime.

If you haven't been to a Summit, do attend! The random bits of information and face to face time is amazing.
    Kim Salvino, Client Services Director, Performance Horizon Group
    Reach me at kim.salvino(at)performancehorizon.com or on (443) 617-4036

My favorite thing about this affiliate summit was being given a job to do and because of this job I took on, I got to meet all of you guys and I feel so much a part of this whole community. I loved this Summit. It went so fast, I am ready to go to Vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by Steph-ARC
    3. Boston was beautiful, a special thanks to Brent from CSN for showing us around the Prudential Tower!
    It was my pleasure! It was great seeing you in Boston. Until Think Tank!
    Brent Elias
    "God Grant That Men Of Principle, Shall Be Our Principle Men" - Thomas Jefferson

Outsourced Program Manager Stephanie Harris's Avatar
    I loved the location of the hotel and of course getting to see old and new faces! As a die hard Yankee fan I had to skip the outing to the Red Sox game but that would be the ONLY thing that would get me to stay behind hanging out with everyone.

All in all it was a great time, and how many people can say that about work functions?!
    Stephanie Harris
    Schaaf Consulting
    p/f: 323.386.2338
    AIM: stephschaafco
    www.schaafco.com | stephanie@schaafco.com
    Our Programs: Baby Catalog | Blue Bee | Constant Contact | CourseSmart | ForMeToCoupon | Homestead | InTheSwim | Ipsos Survey Panel | LightInTheBox.com | Moosejaw | Mrs. Prindables | Payless ShoeSource | simply youth ministry | SnagAJob.com | Specialty Pool Products

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Harris
    I As a die hard Yankee fan I had to skip the outing to the Red Sox game but that would be the ONLY thing that would get me to stay behind hanging out with everyone.
    HAH! You mean they knew you were a Yankee fan, so they wouldn't let you into Fenway Park!!!
    Brent Elias

Hey I am from Texas and they actually sent me a twitter telling me they had extra tickets, when I made a tweet about "go rangers" maybe they just wanted someone to hassle...lol....jk. I wish I would have gone. Especially when the Rangers made a come back for a moment. lol.... No really they are all great fans and it's only a game. Win or Lose hanging out with these people would have been a blast.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    My wife and I toured the Boston area on the trolley tour and walked around the seaport a lot. Found out that 10 years ago the seaport was vacant lots and crack houses. Five years ago they started a $3 billion urban renewal for the harbor and the result is that whole seaport, convention area. Truly amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick
    My wife and I toured the Boston area on the trolley tour and walked around the seaport a lot. Found out that 10 years ago the seaport was vacant lots and crack houses. Five years ago they started a $3 billion urban renewal for the harbor and the result is that whole seaport, convention area. Truly amazing!
    Hey Chuck I was told the same thing by one of the new attendees in the Mentor Program that lives in Boston, She told me that they were revitalizing the old run down area. They have done an awesome job. Many Cities are doing this, I know Amarillo Texas has a project going to revitalize their downtown area, which includes (I believe) old Route 66, they have some cool antique stores and old theatre etc. In a way I guess it is recycling. Making use of history, and buildings that, like you say would be used as crack houses, etc.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast