ABW Ambassador
    Angry ripoffreport
    Google it...

Have merchants had experience dealing with this guy?

Other than paying his ransom, is there a way to stop him from trashing your bands?

I found this when I googled it that talks about ROR, and lawsuits brought against them. Just FYI ...
    KK

Good read, Kristen. Thanks.

Jim

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Thanks Kristen that's a great article lots of good discussion in the comments too!
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Wow - nasty business - while it could be argued that Ripoffreport is a "business model" it-s clearly a nasty and evil-inspired business plan.

If I was a judge in any of the cases brought against them, I'd dole out consequences for what they're doing. How "gray" do we have to go to remain PC and open-minded?

Reminds me of the quote: "If you keep too open of a mind, your brains will fall out."
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

It is companies like this that give internet marketers such a bad name

The problem is the law can only go so far in trying to curb these activities
    [URL="http://www.affiliatemarketingintro.com"]Affiliate Marketing Basics[/URL]

ABW Ambassador
    Wow, never realized to get your name removed they ask for money and a monthly retainer. Changes the whole idea of the site.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Filing a rebuttal is still free right? So is this the Corporate Advocacy Program? What are they charging?

The unfortunate aspect of this whole setup is that no proof need be offered.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead
    The unfortunate aspect of this whole setup is that no proof need be offered.
    Welcome to the world of CDA 230.

I have always been in two minds about ROR. On the one hand it provides a great resource for identifying scammers and shady operators, but on the other hand there is very little vetting of complaints.. but the problem is that if ROR did vet complaints they it may well make them liable for postings. On balance, I believe that ROR is a force for good, but I have seen many occasions where claims against companies seem to be unsubstantiated.

The truth is that ROR usually wins in court (see the CLMP database for more information) because of CDA 230. If you really were the victim of slander (e.g. by a competitor) then you would have to subpoena IP addresses from Xcentric Ventures. I'm not sure if anyone has ever done that.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

This http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/...Off0087136.htm looks like the BBB is no better than rip off report

neither one is trustworthy IMO. when people have $$$ at stake with their opinion, how much do you trust them?
    Saw an article a while back, a lot of the travel, resort reviews are bogus.

It all adds up to the perception of the cesspool of the internet.

The BBB is worse because it gives consumers a false sense of security, thinking that some agency is going to ensure that things are done right. They are better off visiting the FTC website for help.

Affiliate Manager PetsWarehouse.com's Avatar
    Bbb
    The way they work is interesting.

Each or most are independently owned for each geo area.

Like a franchise.

You get a complaint they call you up, "if you were a member we would take care of this for you and the complaint won't show we'll work it out for you".

So pay up, you'll never see a negative report, if you don't..........

last I head it was $500-800 for a website and separate contract and additional cost for a retail store.

All a bogus money making machine.
    Bob Pets Warehouse
    Worlds Largest Pet Supply DataBase
    Join our Share-A-Sale Program [since 2003] Twitter

Outsourced Program Manager TrishaLyn's Avatar
    Can someone explain how this is breaking laws when Yelp isn't? I can clearly see the difference in that this site is all negative reviews and no good ones like Yelp, but maybe I'm just not seeing the smoking gun here...

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread