New Loyalty Sub Forum
    After speaking with several affiliates and then Haiko at ASE, a sub forum for discussions of Ethical Loyalty sites was created. Because most discussions by those who own such sites or work with us end up being a discussion around the ethics of the business model itself, Haiko has password protected the forum for us.

I know that many of the merchants here do work with non-parasite, non-BHO rebate/loyalty sites. If you are interested in the password to the forum, let one of us know. Also, I know that there are a lot more affiliates with ethical loyalty sites than the ones that I talk to regularly. If you are one of those affiliates, you can get the password from Haiko. That way, you don't have to disclose your site to me. I think he probably knows everyone's sites and which ones are known for being clean or not.

There are a lot of issues unique to our type of sites and I am hoping to get some good discussions going with merchants, affiliates, and folks from the networks. Just a few of the things we can discuss include how to separate our sites from the parasitic ones, which merchants want to work with us, how to keep fraud out of our sites, and tracking issues.

So please stop by the new sub forum if you are so inclined. I firmly believe that in light of all of the ethical issues surrounding our industry, the time has come for loyalty sites to stop operating in the shadows and start discussing things more openly.
    --Tricia Meyer-- I love being the exception to the rule.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

What is an Ethical Loyalty site?
    [url=http://www.drastictactics.com/]Drastic Tactics[/url] - Performance Marketing Since 1998

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    A loyalty site that does not set unintentional cookies and does not require cookie stuffing software downloads.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

Well I kind of got the ethical part, I guess loyalty site is something like a rewards (incentive based) site?
    [url=http://www.drastictactics.com/]Drastic Tactics[/url] - Performance Marketing Since 1998

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    Right. Cash back sites.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread