Finding Links
    I'm brand new and don't even have a site up so please explain to me if this question shows I just don't "get it".

I signed up with CJ and I want to make an affiliate site with a very specific niche. For example, clothing of bands. I'm finding it very difficult to discover relevant links to put on my site. Am I just supposed to spend all day on the "Get Links" tab experimenting with search terms?

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tieTYT
    I'm brand new and don't even have a site up so please explain to me if this question shows I just don't "get it".

I signed up with CJ and I want to make an affiliate site with a very specific niche. For example, clothing of bands. I'm finding it very difficult to discover relevant links to put on my site. Am I just supposed to spend all day on the "Get Links" tab experimenting with search terms?
    You're going to have to search through the merchants to find those who have what you want to promote.

Then you have to apply to their programs and wait for confirmation that you've been accepted (unless the specific merchant "auto" approves" everyone who requests to join in which case, you'll want to look at their other partners carefully to make sure you're not in bed wiht a parasite infested merchant), then you need to make links to the products you want to promote or just to the merchant site.

Plan on spending the rest of your life online. LOL

Seriously, it takes a lot of time, research and patience to build up an affiliate site. Make sure you're adding original content to your pages, too, not just affiliate links which will make your site more "search engine friendly."

Then you can come here and rant about the woes of affiliate marketing with the rest of us.

DO try to have some fun along the way or you'll go crazy. :-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

then you need to make links to the products you want to promote or just to the merchant site.
    This is the part that I needed help with. If I have a niche site, how do I find the relevant products? My concept is so niche that there probably isn't a merchant dedicated to it.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tieTYT
    This is the part that I needed help with. If I have a niche site, how do I find the relevant products? My concept is so niche that there probably isn't a merchant dedicated to it.
    That's where "research" comes in - you'll have to do the work to find the products that fit your niche.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

ABW Ambassador
    Have you tried typing your niche into Google to see what comes up? Meaning, do you see people doing Google Adwords for it? If so, you can check out who they're using. Or see if your niche comes up in the SERPS, check the sites out to see who they're using.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread