Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Turning 40 Today!
    Hey Everybody!

Today's my 40th birthday! The BIG 40. Naturally, I'm taking stock of what I've done for the first half of my life. By God's grace, looking back I can feel a sense of accomplishment about reaching milestones I had set for myself. (Finished college, still married to my first and only husband, five wonderful kids, a nice home and a successful online business.)

But here's the thing....

What now?

Honestly, I'm having trouble identifying and setting new goals for myself...

Should I work on recovering washboard abs?
    Should I plan to increase our net worth exponentially?
    Obviously continuing to raise the little ones is a goal...

But you get the picture. I got up this morning truly drawing a blank about which motivational goals I ought to strive for, now that I'm an older and wiser woman.

Has anyone else had any success setting goals for the second half of life? What were they? Or if you aren't 40 yet, what do you think your goals would be? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks abestweb virtual family.

WM

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    40 is a great year. Have a great day.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

Happy Birthday

And concentrate on enjoying your day

Happy Birthday, and many, many more!

Jim

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, WM!!

Quote Originally Posted by Working Mom
    ...if you aren't 40 yet, what do you think your goals would be?
    I'm not (still have 8.5 years to go), but I think my main one would probably be aiming at achieving at least twice as much professionally before my 60th birthday hits, spending at least twice as much time with my family.

Once again, Happy Birthday!! Have a wonderful day today...

Geno

ABW Ambassador
    Happy Birthday!

I turn 40 in February.

Happy Birthday! And what Sue said.

I turned 40 in Jan, as visitourmall said, it's an interesting time lwith ots of self analyziation and learn many new things about yourself, but that is not the purpose of today ...

It's your birthday - party like a rockstar and don't regret it!

Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Happy 40th WM!

As far as what goals you should set for yourself, well that's up to you. I'm not 40 yet, but I'm sure once I get there, they will probably be the same type of goals that I have now. Which are making sure my kids are happy and healthy, striving to do more with my business, and living each day to it's fullest.

May your next 40 years be as good or greater than the last!

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    40 ain't so bad. Been there, done that. It's 50 that rattled me but everybody's different.

My goals for 40 were to get fit and healthy, which I did. Unfortunately I've backslid considerably since then. I hope you achieve whatever goals you set for yourself. Other than that just enjoy your special day!

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Working Mom
    Hey Everybody!
    Has anyone else had any success setting goals for the second half of life? What were they?
    WM
    Happy Birthday!
    To answer your questions: It sounds like you have worked so hard at working why not try working at the opposite of working? Only you can answer what that would be. For me it would be working at being more laid back and generally happier...

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Happy Birthday..

It's not your 40th, it's just another day and who's keeping count anyway!
    Make it a wonderful day!

Don't worry about the "number" - look on it as a wonderful day and a remarkable milestone. If you are at a good point in your life then keep on truckin' along the same path. Congratulations!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Online Marketing Consultant
    Happy 40th....what a fantastic age!
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

For me 40 was a piece of cake, 50... well ok, I can deal with it, but my 60 coming up in a couple years is troubling.

As you get older you realize your goals are totally different than earlier ones. The things that seemed so important before tend to pail against the ones that really are important.

Happy B-Day

X

Happy 40th birthday! I didn't make any life changing goals at 40 but took a closer look at my life and goals when my first grandchild was born and again when my father in law retired.

The grandkids, 2 of them now, encouraged me to appreciate my family more and spend more time with them. My father in law's retirement made me take a closer look at my retirement goals and some major changes are in the works.

Good luck with your goals and have an awesome birthday.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Happy Birthday!
    Happy Birthday!
    I have a birthday tomorrow :-)

Affiliate Network Rep Kim Salvino's Avatar
    Enjoy your special day, Working Mom!

I recently saw the Bucket List, and I thought the movie was just amazing. I'm planning on starting my own list in a bit so I can start early and hopefully cross more items off of it.
    Kim Salvino, Client Services Director, Performance Horizon Group
    Reach me at kim.salvino(at)performancehorizon.com or on (443) 617-4036

Happy Birthday!!

I don't remember setting specific goals when I turned 40, but I do remember a sense of having achieved much of what I had originally set out to do (house, kids, career) and that I wanted to make a "shift" at that time.

Of course, I remember thinking that one major goal was to get the kids all through their "teen" years without being forced to kill one or more of them....

One's practically made it through since (turns 20 next month), the others... well, we'll have to wait and see.

But mostly, I decided that I wanted to work towards enjoying life more... rather than just "having" more in my life - if that makes any sense at all.

Anyway, best of luck with your goals.

And Happy Birthday!!!

Paul

Happy Birthday.

40 is not bad. I just wish I could go back and be 40 again.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Happy Birthday WM, 40, just starting. Many more goals for you to accomplish.

Happy Birthday Working Mom,

I think 40 is the perfect time to reevaluate what is really important in life. Make a decision to follow a certain path that will support good health, your family and prosperity. It's a time to slow down, only to smell the roses and thank the man upstairs for giving you the opportunity to reflect and take this important step to decide what your plans will be for the next 40 years.

Wishing You A Terrific Day!

-Mitch

Christmas Depot

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianDave
    It sounds like you have worked so hard at working why not try working at the opposite of working? Only you can answer what that would be. For me it would be working at being more laid back and generally happier...
    This sounds like the beginning of a plan for a type-a personality like mine. Today was awesome. Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes and advice on goal-setting.

Maybe I'll post my new, improved five year plan...once I have one that is!

WM

Happy birthday, hope it's been a great one for you!

As far as goals, I have a set that I am actively working on. But a couple of weeks back I thought "well, once I accomplish these goals, then what?" I kind of had the same thoughts as you, there are things I've accomplished that I am proud of, but at the same time I realize I'm not getting any younger and many of the things I used to think I would accomplish just aren't going to happen now. So I decided to start a list of all the things I'm interested in or have always wanted to do. My only criteria is that I can only add an item to the list if it is within the realm of possibility (for example, it's not possible that I'll ever be an airline pilot now, but I could still learn how to fly; remote chance maybe, but still definitely possible). Some of the things on my list will be more difficult to accomplish and will require a longer time frame, others are fairly simple and can be completed in a few days or weeks. The important thing is that, whether simple or complex, short-term or long-term, they are things I have at least some interest in and they are doable. As I think of new things I want to do, I add them to the list. So now, when I scratch one of my existing goals off as completed, I can go to my list and pick a new one. I now find myself looking at the list from time to time anticipating which goal I'm going to go after next. Maybe this will work for you, too.

Wow, we met in Boston and I thought you were much younger than that! You look awesome!
    And why should this year be any different than any others? Live every year setting goals, trying to improve yourself and be the best you can be!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast