I was talking to a friend of mine tonight who's been in the business for 3 years and he told me his conversion rate sucks compared to last year at this time. I don't know myself because I didn't hit the SE and start making any money till Nov 1st 2002. I asked him if he thought maybe all the parasiteware was stealing and he didn't know.

Is anyone picking up early holiday sales or is it a little early yet? My traffic is increasing but not my sales by the same percentage.

Anyone have any thoughts or comments?

Ron

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody. - Bill Cosby

I'm doing great! No complaints!

Jason
    xtremeshopping.org
    aim: ssn jason
    <a href="http://www.xtremeshopping.org/affiliateconsulting.html"target="_blank">Xtreme's partnership information<a>

"One thing life taught me: if you are interested, you never have to look for new interests. They come to you. When you are genuinely interested in one thing, it will always lead to something else" Eleanor Roosevelt

ABW Ambassador
    I don't think parasites are the problem, i think its just more competition. Parasites have always been around and last year i think it was a bit worse, because there was direct overwriting and redirecting of traffic and you still had a lot of the music download software doing it. We still have that now sometimes with these "glitches" (not the music dl sites software) and now they just wait to pop up when the visitor reaches the merchants site. So basically the same parasite problem this year as last year. I figure you'll start seeing Christmas type shopping right after Halloween with it really picking up on Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving. Depends on what type of site you have, i have a shopping site and i did 50% better than the normal month.

"The successful man is the average man, focused."

ABW Ambassador
    My conversion rate is down now, too. My site is sort of a warmer weather site, as are the products showcases, so it's not much of a surprise. Have also noticed a drop off in traffic on my sites theme - rankings are as good as ever, but interest level is lower now than it was say 3 months ago.

For sites like mine, it's sort of the "in-between" time - too late in the year to get great sales of warmer weather stuff, but too early to catch the Christmas Season.

Things should change for the better after Halloween, I think, as the Christmas Season draws near.

Jim

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I'm thinking about charging the merchants a slotting fee to get seen during the first minute of page loads on my site. Those who suck for conversions without a monthly EC bonus will migrate to an delayed exit popup. Delay period set for 30 days.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    I don't know the evidence but has increase of clicks anything to do with the valueclick deal?

carneol

ABW Ambassador
    I have had more traffic, but conversion is down. Lots of window shoppers?

I concur!
    Overall, biz is UP but the conversion rate is down because my click count has gone through the roof.
    I hope that this is a sign of good SE ranking and when the lookers turn into buyers... $$$$ $$$$

CDC

ABW Ambassador
    Both traffic and sales are up considerably over last year. One site which is busiest around holiday time is showing increased traffic (it was sort of dead this summer) and it is converting as well.

I know I plan to do a lot of online shopping this year and hopefully so are a lot of other people! Good luck to all!

My conversions have stayed the same (within .5%) for about 15 months now. That being said it is important to treat each program differently, I have some programs that convert between 8 - 10% (free give aways)

While other programs convert at around 2 -3% ....

Cheers,

Brian Johnson
    Seek and you shall find
    Learn About Lifetime Commissions @ Myrxforless

Happy Day today!!! Seems like conversions started kicking in and I am getting a lot of sales. Maybe the tide is turning.

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody. - Bill Cosby

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread