Outsourced Program Manager John Jupp's Avatar
    Are Clothing Sales Booming In The US?
    Over in the UK clothing sales have soared this July/August.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Bus...treet%2BSlumps

Latest figures from the IMRG Capgemini e-Retail Sales Index show that 4.8bn was spent by UK shoppers on the internet in July.

Sales rose 11.3% on the previous month - a sharp comparison to British Retail Consortium figures which showed that high street sales for July had dropped 0.9% month-on-month.

The unseasonal wet weather was blamed for keeping people away from the shops - and they got their credit cards out and started clicking instead, sending online clothing sales up 23%.

Having looked at the Stats for the programs under our management, I can see August is even bigger than July (about 70% more) and I was wondering how the market is comparing in the USA?

Are merchants and affiliates seeing a net boom with online sales? Are traditional Malls feeling the pinch as more consumers spend online?

What is your experience of the changing trends?
    Flambi Media Limited - USA/UK/EU Affiliate Management Expertise

Quote Originally Posted by John Jupp
    Over in the UK clothing sales have soared this July/August.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Bus...treet%2BSlumps

Latest figures from the IMRG Capgemini e-Retail Sales Index show that 4.8bn was spent by UK shoppers on the internet in July.

Sales rose 11.3% on the previous month - a sharp comparison to British Retail Consortium figures which showed that high street sales for July had dropped 0.9% month-on-month.

The unseasonal wet weather was blamed for keeping people away from the shops - and they got their credit cards out and started clicking instead, sending online clothing sales up 23%.

Having looked at the Stats for the programs under our management, I can see August is even bigger than July (about 70% more) and I was wondering how the market is comparing in the USA?

Are merchants and affiliates seeing a net boom with online sales? Are traditional Malls feeling the pinch as more consumers spend online?

What is your experience of the changing trends?
    These are misleading stats. Month to month sales comparisons are inaccurate. You need to look at Year over Year sales stats to get a true picture..

In other words, most years you might get a 15% rise in sales from May to June.. This year you only got a 11.3% rise... That shows that sales are DOWN.

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread