Where to display art photos for sale?
    So I have a neighbor that wants me to set up a website to sell his photography, both as photos and as photo cards. I can set up the website, BUT I have no experience with shopping carts (but I'm a quick learner).

Can you recommend an easy to use shopping cart that I could integrate into an HTML and PHP based site?

Also, is there a website already out there that has a turn-key solution for displaying your photos and allows you to sell your prints?

Thanks..

GoogleChekcout

PayPal

If you want your own credit card billing:

CyberCash

CyberSource

they have APIs

Turnkey solutions - www.imagekind.com and www.loxlygallery.com (yes our Loxly) are two off the top of my head.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    Turnkey solutions - www.imagekind.com and www.loxlygallery.com (yes our Loxly) are two off the top of my head.
    Agreed. They both work, and they work well.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

http and a telephoto
    Thanks guys! ***waves hand*** Send me an email at dc at loxlygallery.com for details...
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

ImageKind is looking good..

Anyone have experience/thoughts about setting up a stand alone website to showcase the photos then sending people to imagekind for the final purchase?

Also, any thoughts on registering a domain name (www.myneighborsphotos.com) and having it redirect to imagekind?

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by Code Monkey
    ImageKind is looking good..

Anyone have experience/thoughts about setting up a stand alone website to showcase the photos then sending people to imagekind for the final purchase?

Also, any thoughts on registering a domain name (www.myneighborsphotos.com) and having it redirect to imagekind?
    It is always a good marketing idea to have your own site where you talk about your photography and direct people to the cart at the gallery for purchase. Imagekind has a complicated shopping cart, Loxly Gallery has an easier one, but both will work for a dedicated site that you use to presell from. Both also allow self referrals through the affiliate programs.

Loxly Gallery has a new companion site opening in the next couple of days (just loading cards today actually) that is Cool Card Shop that will specialize in greeting/note/art/post cards.

We have plans through our artist newsletter to assist artists with marketing their own work, plus those of others and we have a private referral program where you can earn 5% for referring artists photographers to us. Shhhhh.... that is a special for ABW folks and for our artists!
    Deborah Carney

I thought you are selling them on your own site. Looks like you dont know how to code the shopping cart.

http and a telephoto
    For the domain redirect, I would actually recommend putting a blog or site that has actual content that directs to the gallery rather than just a redirect to the section at the site like Imagekind. Your photographer can do a lot more SEO and presell than what is available just at the target site.
    Deborah Carney

Loxly, I'm still looking at your site as well. Is their a way, either at your site, or at Imagekind, to link to a specific image/product from a specific artist?

In other words, can I set up a stand alone site for my neighbor, and when someone clicks on "Buy This Image" on our site, be redirected specifically to that image on the Imagekind or Loxly site?

I can build dynamic websites using PHP. Can I use some sort of API at Imagekind or LoxlyGallery to pull current gallery images for my neighbor (neighbor uploads image to Imagekind, I set up our own website to dynamically pull those images from Imagekind and display them on our own site)?

Thanks

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by Code Monkey
    Loxly, I'm still looking at your site as well. Is their a way, either at your site, or at Imagekind, to link to a specific image/product from a specific artist?

In other words, can I set up a stand alone site for my neighbor, and when someone clicks on "Buy This Image" on our site, be redirected specifically to that image on the Imagekind or Loxly site?

I can build dynamic websites using PHP. Can I use some sort of API at Imagekind or LoxlyGallery to pull current gallery images for my neighbor (neighbor uploads image to Imagekind, I set up our own website to dynamically pull those images from Imagekind and display them on our own site)?

Thanks
    Yup. All of the above for Loxly Gallery. Not an API, but a datafeed that can be sorted by Artist, or PopShops or the Review Builder tool. I will be looking for someone to build us an API also, there just isn't one available through Shareasale. Imagekind has an rss feed for each gallery that is created, but it has to be manually affiliate link encoded, there is no member artist datafeed through Shareasale, but there is a Museum datafeed (in case you see the reference to their datafeed.)

Feel free to email me your phone number so we can talk about this in person also
    Deborah Carney

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread