Hi all,

I have a friend who doesn't know how to make web pages and can't really do affiliate marketing but would like to make a little extra money on the side. Does anyone know of any sites that ARE NOT SCAMS and actually pay to fill out surveys online or to do a specific action online?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. This is not an open invitation to SPAM. I am just asking a question and would appreciate any real answers.

Thank You,

Core

I almost wet myself reading that post.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

UHMMM NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ABW Ambassador
    I don't know where you can find places that actually pay you for surveys online (we'd all do that if there were). However, I know my husband has been contacted by medical companies (his field) to do surveys and he's gotten prepaid credit cards. And, they are not scams. i'm not sure how they found him though.

His site is medical related, so maybe that's how.

Sorry, I couldn't be more useful and good luck.

One other piece of advice is your friend could find someone to set up a web site (my husband did mine) and then she/he can learn how to do web pages (he taught me) and do affiliate stuff that way.

I have to say, that I don't have much computer background but my husband showed me how to use macromedia dreamweaver for web pages and it is sooo easy. This is my 3rd month and I'm on track to make $500 and that's only working on the web pages about 3-4 hours/week. I'm too busy and get bored too easily to do it longer.

Robin

ABW Ambassador
    Heya, Core. Haven't seen you around for a long time!

The only online survey that I know of is Vividence (http://www.vividence.com/). Only two problems, though. You only get to do one or two surveys a year, and they usually pay out in Amazon.com gift certificates. Still, it's something that's fun to sign up for and may pay off for you every once in a great while.

Michael

Thanks for the replys all! Even SandraR... It is good to see that I haven't lost my sense of humor...

I would teach her how to make web pages but I honestly don't have the time. Right now I am going to school full time and working full time. (which explains why I haven't been around here). (sorry for using the "W" word around here.)

The amazon coupon thing sounds interesting but the place where she rents from doesn't accept Amazon gift cards/coupons.

Core

ABW Ambassador
    Core,

It only took about 15 mins for my husband to teach me to do the web pages. I can't imagine you don't have at least 15 mins to do it. Or, she can read up on how to do it somewhere online.

I took a few notes to do it and that was it. She should gather all the information so she knows what to target and then go from there. I'm not the brightest at doing this stuff, but at least I am making some extra babysitting money.

Robin

Here are some of the resources to learn HTML and more FREE online clases.

CGI 101
    HTML 101

http://new3.mysurvey.com/ pays for many surveys each month. They even pay affiliates $1.50 per free member signup.

Ray Thomas
    DesignerWiz.com CEO
    Development Resource & Javascript Public Archive Center
    http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board: Category: Programming / Coding

Millionaire on training wheels Justdoit's Avatar
    you can also try greenfieldonline.com

It is never too late to be what you might have been.

DesignerWiz / JustDoit,

Have you guys used those personally? Have you been paid?

Thanks for all your help...

Core

Go check out my site.. I have a huge list survey sites and mystery shops.. I personally did them all and I can tell you which ones are good... www.welovedeals.com

Just shoot me an email if you want to know more.

Less than 2 years ago my dad did not know how to turn a computer on. He did not even want to know. Then he saw my brother make over 100k in one year. Today he is a very accomplished web master (he makes more money than me
    If he can learn to do it anyone can!!!!!

"I did'nt get where I'm at today by worrying about how I'm going to feel tomorrow."

Millionaire on training wheels Justdoit's Avatar
    Core,
    Yep have received checks in the past from greenfield generally 30 days after participating in their surveys that they matched up to my profile demographics.

It is never too late to be what you might have been.

ABW Ambassador
    Another potential way to make money online is with an Ebay business. I don't know anything about it, but know some people making some nice money from it. And it's legitimate - not a fly by night business opportunity you see all over the web.

Jim

Saltyjim here. My kid got into filling out the surveys and tried to get me to do it too. I'm not too good on the computer yet though, but he says it's really easy. This is the link he gave me:

http://www.mywebpowerlibrary.com/paidsurveysonline.php

He does well enough that he will not need a job this summer and he says he will have enough saved up for the car he wants.

Good luck!
    Salty Jim

ABW Ambassador
    You should spank your kid. Should have raised him better.

three and a half year old thread.
    Couldn't find anyplace newer to spam?

ABW Ambassador
    So the story is this guy isn't good on the computer, but he is good enough to spread the word? at least the randomly generated text to beat spam filters occasionally comes together to form a funny phrase, this spammer isn't even trying.

Thankts to that survey thing im here right now !!! Surweys are ^&*)( I only lost money and lots of time there !!!

ABW Ambassador
    i hate surveys.

what they do is simply collect email addresses to spam.

they are banned from my sites.

I spent 2 months researching online paid surveys. It depends where you live on whether or not you can make some spare money at it. If you're in Canada like me ... good luck because most market research firms only want US demographics for their studies.

My opinion after all the digging around is that the people making the most money from online surveys are the ones running a site that you pay to join.

I have written a few articles on the subject and have started compiling a list which is so far over 250 of paid survey sites. I am not charging a penny for this info.

Your friend should first of all have a seperate email address just for this purpose. There's lots of reasons for it, including the obvious unwanted email that will start coming.

The second thing is that most companies don't send out survey requests very often, so you have to be registered with lots of companies. This takes time to pick the ones you want to register with and complete the online paperwork. Don't pay attention to promises of $125/ hour or thousands per week. If it was THAT easy we would all be doing it.

The bottom line in my opinion is you can't make it into a job but you CAN make some extra income from it. I've been working on a PAID SURVEYS GUIDE. I know there's a lot of them out there ... but the ones I have seen are full of junk info because people are trying to make their 20 bucks from their AFF sign-up of a paid membership site.

I would like to direct you to my article/report ... which will eventually become the guide I mentioned above. (And hope this isn't against the TOS of this board). This is on a CDN domain but the information applies no matter where you live. It's a step by step of how to do it and info about the scams out there.

http://www.londonlink.ca/get_paid_to_take_surveys.html

Hope this helps

Gin

Not going to give out any links since I don't know if that's considered spam or not, but I've been doing surveys online for about 3 or 4 years and get paid doing them. (actually from doing them, not from having people sign up under my referral or anything like that) Unless people know something I don't, there's no way that you're going to make a living from them, though. I have received checks for small amounts, gift certificates and products but only look at doing them as a way of receiving a little bit of compensation for giving my opinions I do have some of the banners from the sites I'm affiliated with on my site but doubt if they're really a way for anybody to make much money with unless they know an awful lot of people they can have sign up. lol
    There are a lot out there that aren't legitimate and an awful lot where you only receive a chance at a sweepstake or something by doing them. There definitely are legitimate survey sites though. Only get involved with them if you enjoy giving your opinions on various subjects and realize you're not going to get rich doing so. Just compensated a little for it

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread