Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    Yahoo Pro Football Pickem' 2008/2009
    Just took a minute to setup, not sure how much interest there is in it but we'll try.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem

After you sign up or sign in, click Join Existing Group, then Join A Private Group and it'll ask for a group id and password which are:

Group ID# (33948)
    Password (affil)

When signing up - Your Pick Set Name - Whatever you want to call yourself.

And you can pass that around if you want to get more people involved.

And the group is Affiliate Football Fans, not the best name but you can make your own team name whatever you want.

For those that haven't played. Very easy. You just pick who you think will win each week and Yahoo will keep and update the standings.

Right now have it set to drop your 2 lowest scores in case you have a bad week or miss a week.

Some tips learned from last year. Some people missed the deadline to get picks in. You can make picks up to 5 minutes before first game. You can pick the whole year, 2 weeks, whatever in advance and can always change them whenever you want, 5 minutes before the game. Looks like this year they also have an option where you can get an email reminder sent to you.

I'm in!
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

I'm in. Thanks for the info, I'll sign up today.

In!
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    Nice, have 6 people signed up so far, the more the merrier. First game is a week away.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin
    In!
    Must take this guy out, last year's winner

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    I'm all signed up.

Not too sure what I'm doin, but just signed up. Helped my husband with his draft the other night with a group he's in, so figured I'd join my own..

Used to be a big fan quite a few years ago, so will have to start paying attention now. My team name sounds awfulllly tough so you guys better look out.

I am going for a perfect week 1 picks.

Go Redskins !!!

ABW Ambassador
    Me too. I need to get in the zone this time after a 6th place finish last season. I had dreams of becoming a professional football forecaster at 10, it's time I lived up to them.

Quote Originally Posted by purplebear
    Not too sure what I'm doin, but just signed up. Helped my husband with his draft the other night with a group he's in, so figured I'd join my own..

Used to be a big fan quite a few years ago, so will have to start paying attention now. My team name sounds awfulllly tough so you guys better look out.
    I'm not fooled by your smilies and cute lil bear with purple background. The bear probably has a club behind it's back ready to take some people out

I'm in..good luck to all

Purplebear is actually one of the Vegas elite.

Very wise, Trust, not to let a placid and seemingly oblivious outward appearance fool you.

She emailed me 8 months before Kurt Warner's first game in StL, and clued me in...
    Kevin Webster

Kayak Fishing

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin
    Purplebear is actually one of the Vegas elite.

Very wise, Trust, not to let a placid and seemingly oblivious outward appearance fool you.

She emailed me 8 months before Kurt Warner's first game in StL, and clued me in...

"I'm not fooled by your smilies and cute lil bear with purple background. The bear probably has a club behind it's back ready to take some people out [img]images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]"

Ok, guys:
    Are we picking these teams straight up or are we going by the spread?

ABW Ambassador
    "Are we picking these teams straight up or are we going by the spread?"

Aha, only someone experienced would ask such a question, you just outed yourself

Straight up, figured it would be easier and dropping each person's 2 lowest weeks just in case you miss one or two or have a bad week. I'll bump the threads as a reminder to pick and also this time, they have an option for email reminder as well.

Quote Originally Posted by beachcom
    I'm in..good luck to all
    Cool, we have 9 in now.

"Aha, only someone experienced would ask such a question, you just outed yourself [img]images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]"

naaaaah, I got that talk from my husband, he told me to post it. Have ummm done spreads, tho so I know what that is....ummm purely for entertainment purposes. had never heard of the straight up, tho.

Kevin - I did actually tell my husband way ahead of time that Culpepper was somebody to watch (I had seen a feature on him and his grandmom quite a bit before the draft ) and was impressed with how fast he was for such a big guy.... but don't think he did too well afterwards. Usually my pickings will be all girly I'll pick the guy who's the best lookin. lol

ABW Ambassador
    Just a bump because the first game of the season is just 2 days away on Thursday, so the first week, we have to get the picks in early, the deadline for first week picks is: Thu, Sep 4 at 5:55 PM

Outsourced Program Manager Brent E.'s Avatar
    I'm in. Thanks for setting this up again, Trust.

Brent
    Brent Elias
    Affiliate Manager/Acceleration-Partners
    Belias(AT)acceleration-partners.com
    "God Grant That Men Of Principle, Shall Be Our Principle Men" - Thomas Jefferson

ABW Ambassador
    Alright cool, looks like just about everybody has their picks in 9/10. Washington Redskins at New York Giants at 7PM Eastern on NBC, today.

ABW Ambassador
    We have 12 players, everybody got their picks in and...... Kevin, last year's champ, is in first place. I had a bad week, almost last. But that's the plan, I'm like the NY Giants of last year, I'm going to lose early and come back later in the year and shock the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    We have 12 players, everybody got their picks in and...... Kevin, last year's champ, is in first place. I had a bad week, almost last. But that's the plan, I'm like the NY Giants of last year, I'm going to lose early and come back later in the year and shock the world.
    And like last year, I'm in 2nd (tied, actually). I'm sick of 2nd place, Kevin. Very sick of it.

Tell ya what, Trust. I'll bump off Kevin and YOU can take 2nd place, mkay?
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.

ABW Ambassador
    It's like I said in my post #5, we have to take this guy out. And you can't see it but he's talking trash too. Ok, let's get him. I'll take 2nd until the very last week

That's the first valuable incoming link I've ever gotten.
    Kevin Webster

Kayak Fishing

Dammit! Since I just realized that the world ends tomorrow, looks like I'll have to settle for 2nd again.

ABW Ambassador
    Just your friendly bumpage, we have until 11:55 am Eastern to get picks in.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    What a turn around.

The two teams that looked like the two absolutely worst teams in the NFL last week, Washington and Oakland, both had total reversals and impressive victories today.

Of course for Oakland, it didn't hurt for KC to be down to their totally inexperienced nos. 3 and 4 qbs., but the Raider offense looked like a different team than last week.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

ABW Ambassador
    My gut said Oakland was going to win, and I switched to KC at the last moment. So far doing pretty good, just lost that game and the Washington game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast