Talking Saw the Lucky Number on My Bathroom Scales!
    Yep... Here's my proof:

It's in kilograms. That converts into c. 171 lbs, and basically means that over the past year and a half I've lost 37.5 lbs total (or 18% of my total weight back then).

Time to start gaining some muscle weight and keep staying away from

I still cannot give up on my and chocolate, but these addictions seem to be okay at the moderate stages they are now.

Stay healthy, brethren and sistren!!

G.

In China, it's 88.8
    So time to get up to the olympic numbers

Depending on how tall you are that is an impressive weight!

You should buy a lottery ticket.

15 years and counting
    Does that include the weight of your camera? Congrats Geno.
    I tried, I lost 10 pounds in the first two weeks of my diet but it seems I can't go further. Too many restaurants and a passion for fine wines.

Quote Originally Posted by Geno Prussakov
    Yep... Here's my proof:

It's in kilograms. That converts into c. 171 lbs, and basically means that over the past year and a half I've lost 37.5 lbs total (or 18% of my total weight back then).

I want to congratulate you on your 171 lbs, and I hope that you can keep it under 180 at all times.

But I also want to say that I hate you for posting that scale proof picture, because while I have an expensive Health o Meter Doctor scale, now you're going to make go and buy one of those Rowenta digital one, so I can see my weight displayed on kilograms, and fake myself thinking that I have lost a lot of weight overnight.

You say that you have lost 37.5 lbs in about a year and a half, and that is good, I wish I can do the same one of this years.

While I know that I can lose more than that in less than two months, if I do another one of those hunger strikes like I have done before, but all I know now, is that I think I am getting too old to another hunger strike, or I have become too addicted to food this year, because last February when I was going to start a new normal diet when I saw a post about that here, I got jinxed.

I got sick by the 2nd day and stay sick the entire month of February, so I didn't even think about any more dieting after that.

Now that I see this new post you made, I have to confess something , back in February when I was going to start a new diet, all I wanted was to lose just a lousy 20 or 30 lbs max, but since I didn't do anything about it, since that date I have gained another 20 lbs.

I should feel ashamed of myself, but since life is too short and food taste soo good, I think I still have plenty of time to lose the extra baggage by January.

Thanks for this thread!
    I'm going to try to go from this: to this: one of this days.

Congrats Geno! I still have another 25 pounds to go.

Thank you for your congratulations, everyone. Your support is much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by 25trees
    Depending on how tall you are that is an impressive weight!
    I'm 182 cm or 6 ft. I used to believe into calculating the perfect weight in kg by subtracting 100 from the the height (which would make the ideal one for me 182 - 100 = 82 kg, or 180.4 lbs, as Sal recommends above too), but as I was dieting and exercising, I've realized that the only to really tell if you are okay or not is to go by the fat under belly button. Still working on a bit of that, but I'm getting close.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    Does that include the weight of your camera?
    This is actually a very good question, Zeus. It took me a few minutes to figure out how in the world it is that before I start taking the picture of the scales I weigh 77.7, and when I start taking the picture - I'm 78.1. Doh... Finally, I figured it out and asked my wife to take the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sal
    ...now you're going to make go and buy one of those Rowenta digital one, so I can see my weight displayed on kilograms, and fake myself thinking that I have lost a lot of weight overnight.
    That is definitely one way to "loose weight". :-)

Sal, I wish you knew how well my wife cooks. She is a cooking genius. I love food too. Oh, baby, I love food (and drink) so much I can't even start telling you... But a year and a half ago I figured that while life is short as it is, unhealthy life is even shorter. One doesn't have to stop eating pork ribs, chocolate (or cake) altogether. It's all about how much you eat, what time of the day you eat it, and how you spend those calories. Honestly, it is not that hard to loose weight if you stay disciplined. ......and you can make exceptions during weekends (e.g. ice cream with your kids). I do.

Quote Originally Posted by flamingoworld
    Congrats Geno! I still have another 25 pounds to go.
    That's nothing. You can do it!!

Thanks again everyone,

Geno

Congrats Geno I am proud of you for sticking with it.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

That's great, your BMI is 23.2 that is quite good. Should not be too low or high.
    http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/

In the gym near by there are about 4 different types of belly muscle building machines, those are great. Also oatmeal takes away a lot of fat.

ABW Ambassador
    Nice, losing weight hard to do. I let myself go just a little bit, went up to 195, trying to get back to my ideal weight of 185, 191 now. I think my body has some sort of built in mechanism that will kick in some back pain if I get over 190.

Quote Originally Posted by 25trees
    ...Also oatmeal takes away a lot of fat.
    It takes out cholesterol too!

G.

1.5 more lbs off... Gotta go buy new clothes... Again!

G.

ABW Ambassador
    Congrats to you Geno

I used to weight 290 lbs. I then went on to lose 100 of those lbs.

Sitting at home working on the computer really can be bad for your health (and weight) Since I arrived in America in 2000, I have gained 100 lbs, and then lost 100 lbs.

America is a bad country for weight gain.

Thank you, Julian, and congratulations on your weight loss!! Simply amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Julian
    America is a bad country for weight gain.
    Your story proves that it is a good country for weight gain.

G.

Geno, congratrulations! I don't know how tall you are but that is almost exactly the amount I lost in almost exactly the same time. I am 5'9". Short version - got out of the shower one day, looked in the wall mirror, was disgusted. Started diet slowly 1st, no donuts, 2nd, no sugar sodas, 3rd, no fried foods, lastly, soccer (or as you probably call it, football) the pounds flew off. PROBLEM . . . I am back at the donuts, sugar soda & fried food. I'm back up 10 pounds and feel out of control. Trying to work this new job doesn't help when I sit in front of the computer all day eating. :-)

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I've lost 49.2 lbs since last Feb. That .8 of a pound more weight loss needed to make it an even 50 is being stubborn, but I figure when the bulbs for the bulk orders arrive this week and I have to bring them inside, that physical labor will take care of that.

Still [a lot] more lbs to go, but I'm finally feeling a bit more energetic and healthier, and my back and knees don't protest so much (they were in a state of open insurrection before). I haven't had to buy new clothes yet, but my robes are miraculously about 2 inches longer than when I bought them!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Geno Prussakov
    Yep... Here's my proof:

Time to start gaining some muscle weight and keep staying away from

I still cannot give up on my and chocolate, but these addictions seem to be okay at the moderate stages they are now.

Stay healthy, brethren and sistren!!

G.

That is very impressive Geno, congrats..

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread