Thread: New AMWSO Site : And $500 Cash

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Cool New AMWSO Site : And $500 Cash
    Hi Everyone

I need your help please

We're planning to launch a new site for amwso that will focus 100% on affiliate partners. No sales focus, or any of that, just content that we hope partners will want, need and find useful.

In fact I want to remove the "we hope" from the above, which is the reason for this post. I would really like to get feedback on what you, our partners would like to see on the new site that would help you in your business. I'd like to hear from newbies and pros and everyone in the middle.

If you'd prefer to email or PM me the info please feel free to do so or better yet just post below.

As an added incentive for your feedback we have $500 to offer for suggestions given, whether used or not, we'll give $100 to 5 people drawn at random who have input on what you feel the new site should offer you. To avoid any issues, only people who post (not PM) will be included in the draw.

Thank you!

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

ok, I'll get it started for ya. I could go on and on and on but will just give ya a couple.

Questions and answers section for basic glossary of terms pertaining to being an affiliate for any newbies or umm not so newbies

Let affiliates know what exactly they should be looking for in a program when they're thinking about joining one. Like what are red flags or things you don't want to see on that program's site or the terms of the program. What are good terms for a program to have. (leaks, etc.) Newbies might not even know what a leak is, so explaining what they are would be good.

What to look for in an affiliate manager, how do you know what makes a good one or possibly a bad one. Guess maybe....what are the signs of a bad one or one that maybe you shouldn't trust. What might be warning signs possibly that you could be joining a program that has a bad affiliate manager or what things might happen while you're in a program that might be warning signs that an affiliate manager might uhhh not quite be the best or one you should trust.

Uh,will fess up. When I started I didn't even know what an affiliate was, didn't know there was such a thing as a network. I was just finding things on my own. So, maybe some info on the good networks, what ones maybe to stay away from.

SEO, SEO, SEO help. Maybe some good resources or videos they could watch explaining what is seo and how to do it well. Explain the good or white hat stuff versus the bad things they shouldn't be doin.

Resources, resources, resources or just have all the info any affiliate could possibly wanna know all on your site. lol

What page rank is, how to get it. uhhh maybe reassure them not to go obsessing about it. lol

Hmmm, ok, been up since early this morning so little brain is kinda runnin on low at this point lol besides I could be here all day long, but this should be a start for others to chime in at least.

psssst ya can just think of any question I've ever asked ya for your questions section. That alone will give ya lotsa, lotsa stuff to keep ya busy. lol I can come up with lots more for ya and will be happy to give em to ya for free Will be glad to help ya

Hi Chris

That sounds really useful. For me, one of the fundamentals is still a stumbling block.

How to conduct proper market/keyword research. How to come up with ideas for markets to enter, how to gauge competition levels, traffic levels, whether the people in that market are spending money online. What are the best tools to gather this information. How deep to dig into niches and micro-niches.

I guess I understand the principles, I just quickly grind to a halt every time I sit down to do it.

I think that's a very important area to cover, because, if you don't get that right, you can waste a lot of time building on non-solid foundations.

Chris, I think an area that would help noobs and remind veterans of it's importance would be a section on merchant TOS. This could include the importance of reading and understanding the TOS as well as address specific terms that are commonly found. Part of the problem that many affiliates have is not reading the terms while understanding them and having a basis of comparison is a whole other issue. So examples of what would be considered standard and acceptable terms and those that could be considered affiliate unfriendly or abusive should also be discussed.

A section like this should also include the best way to approach a merchant when an affiliate feels that the merchant has violated their own terms or the networks TOS. What is the networks role in enforcement? What other recourse is available to the affiliate?

I know a discussion like this can get pretty involved and could venture into areas where expert legal advice might be necessary, but if you could include this type of information I really believe that it would be valuable to a large number of affiliates.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

I think it would be handy to have a page that lists all the programs you are currently managing and the details on each one. It would be good to have one place to go to to see the Merchants, their vertical, commissions, TOC, current and ongoing promotions for each and which networks they're on. All the particulars don't need to be there but direct links to the info would be helpful.

I've joined a few programs that claimed to be managed by AMWSO only to find out that it's gone in-house and they just neglected to update that info on the "join" page.

Might be a good idea to include how to evaluate a programs performance. In other words how to decipher the statistics provided for a programs performance both before and after joining a program. I think it would be helpful to understand the stats before joining while stressing the importance of evaluating a merchant program for what it can do for the affiliate, stats can sometimes be deceiving. I think it can also be helpful to understand that comparing your own performance to the overall program performance can be helpful.
    And of course tips on how to maximize affiliate-merchant relationship, how to evaluate a merchant and the importance of doing this from both an affiliate perspective and a consumer perspective..
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

Thanks for the excellent input so far, some great ideas here, lots we hadn't thought about too ! Please do keep it coming
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

"I guess I understand the principles, I just quickly grind to a halt every time I sit down to do it."

Hmmm, definitely glad to hear I'm not the only one that has that problem.lol Sometimes, I start to doubt I even understand the principles.

Hmmm, hint, hint....that would be very helpful, too. Especially for newbies.

VampireSkunk, rematt, 2busy and mellie : love all of your suggestions.

Don't wanna hog up all the suggestions, since I can come up with a whole lotta thembut will add one more.

How bout.....If an affiliate does well with a particular program (or least thinks they do) other than the fact they may have gotten reaaaally rich from that program. what type of metrics or how could they tell that they actually are really doin good with it soooooo....if they think or know that they are.....then comes the tough part...... how do they go about asking the affiliate manager or merchant to umm maybe show some appreciation for that effort??

This most likely comes as easy and is obvious to a lot of affiliates but maybe some newbies or maybe not so newbies who just may not be as confident in themselves, wouldn't even think it's even possible or the slightest idea on how to go about asking. So, let em know.

I love the whole idea of this site it's great that affiliates can have a say in what they'd like to be on it. Kinda like an affiliate's wish list for what they'd like to know or have to help them

** psssssst did ya see where Haiko granted my wish I am now purple

long story but been offline quite a while (ok, only since Wed around 1:30.....but seemed like an eternity for me ) still don't have a phone but switched to cable and have internet at least now. Hope the reason isn't cos of that since I thought cable's supposed to be faster but seems this morning everything's goin reaaaally slow for me. Cept, got the idea to try loggin in hear on safari and ahhhh ha...here I am.

ok, gonna be real short but thought of somethin (since no computer had a lotta time to think ) gotta get back to stuff but figured before I forgot better post it now.

How bout social site stuff info......which ones, do they even matter....if so which ones are the best to be at, etc..

ok, guys.....my mind at this point is really scattered to catch up on things so ya gotta help out here lol I can think of a bunch of stuff but don't wanna hog up all the thoughts......so out with em.....I'm sure some of ya can think of much better thoughts than me.

Hi Kathy

Certainly racking up the ideas and the entries, thank you.

Right now I believe we have 5 people looking for an easy $100 each.

Cheers

Chris

Hey Chris,

How about some PHP/mySQL or Javascript code snippets to help affiliates better deal with datafeeds and dynamic content? It could be a coding tutorial section. You could also list some best practices pertaining to datafeed and coupon management. I'd also suggest linking to tools that affiliates are using to build affiliate sites like WordPress, Price Comparison Scripts, Coupon services/software, Widgets, Application Platforms and what-not.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

"It could be a coding tutorial section. You could also list some best practices pertaining to datafeed and coupon management. "

Oooooh, that's really a great idea Snib Especially for some of us ummm let's just refer to us as...computer techie challenged affiliates or non computer techie smarties.

We'll wrap this up and draw the winners at the end of this month

Still time to get in suggestions.

Cheers

Chris

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris - AMWSO
    We're planning to launch a new site for amwso that will focus 100% on affiliate partners. No sales focus, or any of that, just content that we hope partners will want, need and find useful.
    Since we are talking about 100% affiliate focus. I think it will be helpful for new affiliates if you do a brief introduction on some main promotion methods which have been successfully practised in affiliate business, such as what's content sites, coupon sites, price comparison, PPC, CPA, SEO website, blog, etc. For each method, you can recommend some related tools/info. I wish I could find these kind of information on one site when I first started affiliate business.

The draw and winners will be announced Wednesday

Cheers

Chris

Well Since we had just 7 people join in, I thinka draw for five winners would be most unfair on the two folks that didn't win so we're giving $100 to each of the seven ABWers who posted their ideas .

So please each PM me with your Pay Pal info so I can send you some cash

Thank you all very much for your input! It's greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Chris

Wow, thanks Chris. What a great contest when everyone wins. PM on the way.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

ABW Ambassador
    Sure it is the best winning odds of all contests I've paticipated. Thanks Chris!

PM sent.

What a nice surprise and very generous Chris! Thank you very much. Pm being sent.
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

My Pleasure

Thank you sir, much appreciated.

PM via batwing headed your way.

Thank you very, very much. I agree with the others. It is very generous of you. Enjoyed it and will be happy to send ya more suggestions anytime. Won't be hard for me at all to come up with some questions. lol Can't wait to see the site

23. Newsletter Signup