Exclamation Confessions of an Idiot - Editor Kits
    After I switched over to the Partner Network, the steady stream of commissions I had been receiving thru CJ disappeared. I had reformatted the 100 or so Editor Kits I was using and changed banners, so I thought I was good to go. Yesterday, I found myself caught up so I decided to delve a little deeper into the situation. What I found out was that my kits contained no account id#. My fault - I had made a couple stupid assumptions. 1. That after I logged into the system all links generated would contain my id. 2. That the term "Campaign ID" referred to some kind of advertising reference I could employ if I wanted to keep my commissions categorized. Well, regarding #1, my id was automatically placed in many of my various links, but NOT the editor kits. #2 "Campaign ID" is actually your account ID. Why they can't just call it that, I don't know. In the code itself it appears after track=. Anyway, I found my number (it's listed as the default "Campaign ID) and went around and plugged it into all my kit codes. Hopefully, I'm back on track. I hate to guess how much I've lost over the last several months because of my screw-up. I'm sure no one else could make such a stupid mistake. At least, I hope not.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    You're not the only one. Fortunately I caught my error fairly soon and corrected it.

This is one of my pet peeves. In an ideal world when a merchant changes platforms the affiliate manager should be able to provide us with a global-replace scheme to allow us to change out links without having to rebuild them.

Great thread acedotcom. Sure glad to hear you figured! Don't be so hard on yourself thought...

X

Quote Originally Posted by Rhea
    You're not the only one. Fortunately I caught my error fairly soon and corrected it.

This is one of my pet peeves. In an ideal world when a merchant changes platforms the affiliate manager should be able to provide us with a global-replace scheme to allow us to change out links without having to rebuild them.
    Ahhh, the ideal world! I think I stopped looking for that back in the 60's. LOL Still, rather than go out of their way to make things easy, it seems like eBay is trying to make things as confusing as possible and answers hard to find.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomers
    Great thread acedotcom. Sure glad to hear you figured! Don't be so hard on yourself thought...
    I was lazy. I mean the ebay commissions are a small part of my revenue stream so I ignored the problem even though the stats were telling me something was out of whack. After all that revising, it's time for a break - I'm off to the pool room.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomers
    Wow! You can sure tell I haven't had my first cup yet this morning. That's what I get for going directly from bed to the office...

X

I feel your pain... exactly the same happened to me with the Performics feeds...

At least you sensed something wasn't right.. that's more than some!

I saw my own mistake as one more step up the learning curve

Quote Originally Posted by teezone
    I saw my own mistake as one more step up the learning curve
    That's a good way to look at it. Of course, after 61 years of learning, you'd think a guy would be pretty close to the end of the learning curve.

The more complex the world becomes the higher the hump, regardless of your age...

X

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    I did the same thing! But, I checked click-thrus in reporting immediately so I caught it.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead
    I did the same thing! But, I checked click-thrus in reporting immediately so I caught it.
    Kudos to you. BTW, your quote sounds more like a speech by Knute Rockney than a quote from "Rudy."

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by acedotcom
    BTW, your quote sounds more like a speech by Knute Rockney than a quote from "Rudy."
    It is both. It was in the movie. And it was Rockney. http://www.efootage.com/stock-footag...ge-locker-room
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108002/quotes
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread