Outsourced Program Manager Sarah Bundy's Avatar
    Affiliate or JV partner
    I still have confusion over what the difference is between an affiliate and a JV partner.

Can someone please clarify this for me once and for all? I want to get a very clear picture of what a JV partner does / how they get paid / how you find them / why they're different so if someone asked me I can define it myself.

Please help.

In affiliate marketing, an affiliate partner help you sell your existing product/service and get a commission (ideally) when a sale occurs.

In a joint venture partnership, you develop and sell the product/service together and share the profits as you see fit.

HI Sam,

That's the simplest and most clear answer I have ever gotten. Thank you. I now understand

Sarah

The honest truth is there is very litttle difference. It's all about semantics
    [URL="http://www.affiliatemarketingintro.com"]Affiliate Marketing Basics[/URL]

Semantics? That's like saying there is little difference between apples and tires!

Some questionable marketing companies have 'borrowed' our nomenclature to perfume the crap that they have whored - IOW, the pig gets a new dress, they do it in our own industry also - calling it performance marketing since all the parasites, malware, stuffers, poachers and the rest of the scum pooped all over it. Nonetheless, be assured that there is a night and day difference between an aff and a JV partner. I urge you to investigate them further if they say otherwise.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

So how would you define them then?

Antisocial Media Expert ProWebAddict's Avatar
    Ebook peddlers use JV partners.

Hey I wrote this ebook. I see you sell ebooks too. Can you send out a promo ad for my ebook to your list? - Great, I'll pay you [$whatever] per sale. Make sure to really endorse it and say how much money they will make or how much weight they will lose or how fast they'll learn Chinese. Act as if you use it and you are offering them the inside track.

Both terms have to do with marketing to some degree but they are very different.

Please don't anyone be offended by my description; that is just how I describe things. And, contrary to popular belief I'm not a miserable person.

ok, that helps. And what tracking does said ebook peddler use to track that sale and how does the JV partner check to make sure that number is accurate?

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread