WordPress questions
    My 2 websites i have made through Dreamweaver, but i hear wordpress is the way to go to have a simple yet effective SEO. I am curious to hear more about this, are you able to use adsense?, why is it so easy to SEO with? i know wordpress is used mostly for blogging but is there ways you could make professional looking web sites? Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks

The short answer is -- yes to all of that:

1. You can use Adsense with WP.
    2. You can use it for blogging.
    3. You can use it for a "professional" website.

Do some reading here and some browsing around the blogging forum especially, and you'll find a number of suggestions and questions regarding WP.

But you really can make a complete affiliate marketing site with a bit of experimenting and experience using WP. One of the beauties of using WP is that you can find thousands of free templates and once you learn how to use the basic software and through a little trial and error, you can get any template you wish to do pretty much whatever you would need for a nice affiliate site.

I urge you to do a lot of reading here and use your good friend Google to get more information.
    Generate more fake news.

Thank you for the reply, yeah i guess i should look around the forum more, time has been alittle tight lately, WP seems to be making its way into my next websites plans.

WP is an amazing website building tool. It's very easy to work with and offers so many great features that make it one of the best options to create all kinds of websites.

Hector.

Quote Originally Posted by Makavelimob
    why is it so easy to SEO with?
    Plug ins like All In One SEO make it super easy to give each page it's own title, meta tags, keywords etc.

WP also makes it easy to use SEO friendly URL's through their permalink options.

This brings up a question in my mind... I installed WP for the first time yesterday. In the brief Install page there was a checkbox asking if I wanted WP to be indexed on SEs (paraphrased). Does WP use effective built-in methods of SE submissions/updates?

X

Quote Originally Posted by Boomers
    This brings up a question in my mind... I installed WP for the first time yesterday. In the brief Install page there was a checkbox asking if I wanted WP to be indexed on SEs (paraphrased). Does WP use effective built-in methods of SE submissions/updates?
    Hey, Boomers, not entirely sure how WP deals with the SEs, but I DO know that you want to be sure you check that box. If you don't say you want WP to be indexed, or whatever that option says, it can hinder the SEs from getting to your site. Think it might have something to do with how WP configures your .htaccess file one way or the other.

As for SE submissions/updates -- I don't think WP does anything like that. But I do know you can benefit from the "pinging" functions within WP when you write a post.

(While I'm thinking of it, I personally recommend and use the "Ultimate Plugins Smart Update Pinger" plugin. There are a couple of ping plugins, but I find this one the easiest to set up and use. If you don't use something like this, in older versions of WP your posts would ping the directories everytime you did any editing on them. I'm not exactly sure that problem has ever been truly resolved, especially concerning future-dated posts. So I use this plugin as a solution.)

One more observation on the SEs and WP: I have "regular" affiliate marketing sites set up using WP as a CMS, with all posts going to a page I usually call something like "News & Reviews" or even "Product Reviews." Whenever I post to that setup, it pings the directories and draws traffic -- which can readily find the affiliate products pages. I don't know if that's really all that clever or not, but I like the way it works??
    Generate more fake news.

Thanks Gary. That's a lot of good info...

X

In my opinion I can always tell a wordpress blog, even if its a "professional site." I would continue to use traditional website building tools for sites that aren't blog related, or updated frequently.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread