Getting Checks in USD in Brazil
    Hi Everyone,

I would like get as much information that I can about cashing checks and getting payments in USD in Brazil and converting them into Real.

I heard that there are some government regulations? Does anyone get USD checks in Brazil? Are you able to cash them? Are you able to convert them into Real?

Any info that you have will help.

Thanks

If you're in Brazil (and from your post, I take it, you are), the best source of answer(s) would be your bank. Would appreciate knowing the answers once you get them, as cashing USD checks in Eastern Europe, for example, can be nightmare.

G.

Hi Geno,

I do not live in Brazil. I work for Payoneer and I am trying to collect some information because one of our partners was telling us that they could not send checks to Brazil due to government regulations. I'm trying to see if any users here are having such issues and to see if our solution would work for them.

Thanks
    Aryeh

Oh. My apologies then.

Geno

No worries. I will let you know what kind info we find.

Aryeh

Thank you. I can try pulling up some contacts too. Will see what I can dig out too.

G.

International Payments
    On the topic of international payments in Brazil I thought this would be interesting. With the current global financial situation and its uncertain future, prepaid cards linked to US banks might be the safest place to keep your money.

Here what the CEO of Payoneer had to say about this, I think itís interesting in the context of this thread:

Keep international online payments secure in times of uncertainty

While it is hard to predict the overall impact of the current economic crisis, it is reasonable to assume that American banks will continue to act responsibly, and my feeling is that most people would feel that their money is more secure in a US bank, than in most others. People outside of the US, particularly in emerging economies within Eastern Europe, Asia and South America, are often concerned about the stability of their local banking systems.

American bank accounts are FDIC insured, and until recently, workers living outside the US did not have access to this fail-safe. Today however, by getting paid direct to Payoneer prepaid MasterCard cards that are issued by an American bank, international workers can enjoy the same FDIC protection. Furthermore, MasterCard offers Payoneer cardholders additional protections against unauthorized purchases.

We already see that when it comes to choosing an international payment method, there is a trend to move away from wires and checks that need to be deposited in local banks and toward prepaid cards that maintain the funds in a US bank until they are used, regardless of the location or local currency of the cardholder. For many, loading funds to a Payoneer card is simply more secure than depositing funds in their local bank.

For more information visit http://www.payoneer.com/.

Yuval Tal
    CEO, Payoneer

ABW Ambassador
    Payoneer has a history of spamming ABW and trying to get information for free. Payoneer, if you're a business, behave like one.

with the fees o that payoneer card I would tell everyone to avoid it.

Plus is this even FDIC insured? Why would I trust something that isn't FDIC insured? Do they think we are idiots? I guess so since since they are spamming

The Payoneer Prepaid MasterCard is issued by First Bank of Delaware, Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from MasterCard International Incorporated - check our site for more information.

Payoneer does not spam on ABestWeb or elsewhere on the internet.

Regarding the fees, Payoneer is probably the most cost effective solution for international users, you're welcome to check our site www.payoneer.com and compare to any other international payment method.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread