Unexpected Bonuses
    I've had two merchants post a bonus to my account this month that I wasn't expecting, and have no idea why I received them. Anybody else experiencing this phenomenon?

I'm not complaining. Just wondering if something happened in June that I'm being compensated for that I didn't know about?

There was a thread a while back about a merchant giving $5 bonuses, even when the affiliate had no sales. It appeared to be a marketing gimmick to motivate affiliates.

X

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy
    I've had two merchants post a bonus to my account this month that I wasn't expecting, and have no idea why I received them. Anybody else experiencing this phenomenon?
    Were they like this one (only without an accompanying message) or for performance?

Geno

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I added two $500 affiliate bonus yesterday then emailed the affiliates to let them know to expect it. It was due to a merchant testing through affiliate links for changes on their site. When we identified it with the merchant they apologized and offered the bonus.

Tracy, if it was sizable I would ask unless you are concerned that it was a mistake.

Nope, it wasn't a Share A Sale merchant. It was two CJ merchants at different times. I did not receive an email from either merchant notifying me that they were issuing a bonus.

The first was posted on August 19. The event date was August 6. The amount was $36.00 with the notation "Bonus" under Type and Name. The particular merchant owes me a bonus every month. However, the Bonus for June has already been posted and paid, and I'm not expecting the Bonus for July to post until next month, and when it does it should only be for $12.35.

The second from a different merchant was posted August 27 with an Event Date of June 25 and the same Bonus notation. It was for $4.69.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread