Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Outsourced Program Manager Sarah Bundy's Avatar
    What's the craziest thing you've ever done?
    Hey guys,

As you get to know me you'll see that I love adventure and feeling alive. So, I throw a question out there to you:

With no borders and no judgments - what's the craziest thing you've ever done to make you feel alive?

Aside from skydiving and shark diving, here's mine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jayo_dhVypc

I did this exact course with each of these jumps this summer in Switzerland.

WOW! That's awesome!

How was the water temp?

ABW Ambassador
    why do you need to do crazy things to make you feel alive?

Sounds like an adrenalin junkie, Julian.

I sat here for a few minutes thinking of the craziest thing I ever did to feel alive, and I began to realize I lead a relatively boring life compared to some.

Jim
    [URL=http://www.moonshadowsfarm.com]MoonShadows Farm Country Store[/URL]
    Business Opportunities - 4 Ways to Make Money
    Affiliate, Drop Ship, Wholesale & Associate Downline

Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker
    WOW! That's awesome! ......
    Absolutely awesome!

And I thought I was doing something a tad bit on the edge when I recently decided to re-activate a 40-year-old pilot license. And now I am shopping for an old airplane to go with this addiction called flying. (Right, Rainmaker?)
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Sarah isn't crazy and I'm not boring (oh no I am not!!!), we just have different brain chemistry. Prolly.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...722282,00.html

I don't have to take risks to feel alive. I only need to enjoy nature.

I eloped.
    Dyan Carlson
    ["My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness."- The Dalai Lama

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    I watched the youtube clip, Sarah. Pretty cool..

When I look back on some of the lines I skied in my 20s, around the Wasatch.. there are many crazy moments that make me feel fortunate to have made it through with no serious injuries. While these experiences played out, though, I never doubted a thing. There just wasn't room for doubt or questioning.

But now it's allll about personal longevity with the sport. I want to ski the pow into an old, ripe age. With the help of a beautiful wife and baby (and some maturity!), I've learned to slow it down...a lot I must admit it's nice: no crazy adrenaline driven ups/downs, and no destroying skis on a regular basis! I'm committed to the turn more than ever now.

And like Rhea said about enjoying nature, I'm feeling more alive than ever just wandering the woods or working in the garden..

ABW Ambassador
    getting married hahahahahahha

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for sharing your experiences / thoughts. I love to hear what people do for fun.

I should clarify for everyone so they don't get the wrong impression of me. By no means am I an adrenalin junky. I actually don't really like adrenalin. I was terrified for all three of those events (shark diving, sky diving and canyoning) and would never do any of them again. Plus there are some things I would draw the line at, like base jumping and bungee jumping.

However, I do have this sense of curiosity and adventure that makes me want to experience things that are unusual and rare because I know that life is too short and I don't want to miss anything exceptional.

Was shark diving safe? Yes. we were in a cage and there was a 100% success rate with our company. Did I think I was going to die canyoning? lol sometimes! But I knew I was well protected with my gear and had some guides to help me.

I guess my point is people do things to experience life. I play with the elements when it feels safe (wind, water, earth etc - never fire!). Yes there is a level of risk. But there is a level of risk in flying, getting married, owning your own business. Sometimes you just have to take a leap of faith and absorb everything good that comes with it.

Canyoning was by far, the most dangerous and crazy thing I have ever done. I would never do it again, and I wouldn't recommend it for everyone, but I loved it, and I enjoyed living through it, and now I have a good story to tell.

As for each of your comments, I appreciate them. I love nature and also feel more alive walking through a forest or sitting by a stream with my toes in the water. My favorite is just spending time with someone close to me in this kind of setting. But I'm grateful and feel fortunate for these life expereinces I've had because they were extraordinary and special to me.

As for Beaches, I think that flying is a great adventure. I don't think I could do it. I'd be too scared. But my husband can relate to you. it's an interest to him too

Thanks everyone for your comments! Keep em coming if you want to share. It's a nice way to get to know you better

P.S. The water was ridiculously cold! It was in the Swiss Alps so we were jumping in glacier water for about three hours
    Last edited by Sarah Bundy; August 28th, 2008 at 11:19 AM. Reason: spelling mistake

ABW Ambassador
    The craziest thing that I ever did was to complete a 5 year degree in England, and then leave the country, my family my friends, my career, to come to America to meet someone that I had 'met' online.

That also turns out to be the best thing that I ever did. I married her, and now I work at home.

I could have ended up being a software engineer in England. Instead, I am an affiliate marketer in America.

Isn't life amazing?

Yes, Julian, it is. I have a similar story, so know exactly where you're coming from.

I met my husband who moved here from South Africa a few years back. We both quit our good jobs to go traveling for a year. We sold everything we owned, left our family and friends and went to Africa and Europe. We spent all our money in less than 6 months, and got back a month ago because we spent all our money.

However, if we hadn't done that I wouldn't have started my own business (I had 6 months to think about it) and my husband wouldn't have just landed the job of his dreams. Plus I wouldn't have stood in the swiss alps, swam with wild dolphins, looked a great white in the face less than a foot from me or met some incredible people.

The best part is that I got to do each of these things with my favorite person in the world. That being said, it was all his idea and I point the finger at him

I spent 2 years straight in Antarctica, without leaving.

It was either do it or forever wonder what it would have been like. I didn't think it was that crazy to be honest, but plenty of people have told me it was.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    I jumped out of a plane (with a ) a few years ago - seems so boring compared to canyoning. Geeeze that looks like fun, Sarah! Don't know about the freezing water but gotta be worth it for the rush.

I think the adrenaline rush is what thrill seekers are after. Yeah Rhea, probably different wiring, brain chemistry ... whatever.

Beachy, I've been toying with the idea of learning to fly. One of the biggest rushes for me is the feeling of a plane taking off and soaring into the air. So cool! The only way to fly other than sprouting a pair of wings which ain't about to happen so we're stuck with a plane to get us in the air.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Talking
    Hi Sarah,

That was a nice video!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    I jumped out of a plane (with a ) a few years ago - seems so boring compared to canyoning. Geeeze that looks like fun, Sarah! Don't know about the freezing water but gotta be worth it for the rush.

I think the adrenaline rush is what thrill seekers are after. Yeah Rhea, probably different wiring, brain chemistry ... whatever.
    Sorry Rexanne,

You're no longer on my list of nuts affiliates.

Some younger and nuts member has taken your place.

sweet video that must have been a blast!

KGP & Shara...crazy or stupid i'm a married transplant too (yes online love also), but the craziest thing would have to be the 3 back flips i did bunggie jumping out of a hot air balloon during a rave in cali and that was before i got hammered lol.

Cliff diving, taking pictures of lightning and telling a guy with a shotgun he could not come in to the frat party all come in a close second.

-Received opening kick-off in college football game with a 52 yard return in front of 54,000 screaming fans. Adreneline rush was such that I could have run the wrong direction and never would have known it.

- Jumped a 20 ft. cliff at Vail with my ski boots unbuckled. Both skis and boots disapeared in the trees below. Landed in a deep snow drift and I went in over my head.

- Flew in a F-16 and didn't barf.

Not much compared to your canyoning video, awsome!
    ~Ernie

Run a yout football team (soccer) ever tried coaching 12 year olds with attitude lol. saying that its great seeing or boys proggress as some large scottish clubs now showing interest in our players.

Carziest thing I ever did was use this link: http://forum.abestweb.com/register.php

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Okay, I finally thought of something crazy I've done. I was a substitute teacher in a middle school.

Guess I win, huh?

Had Children!

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy
    Had Children!
    Definitely qualifies.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    Definitely qualifies.
    Rexanne, is this you talking?

I thought you love kids.

Geno

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Run a yout football team (soccer) ever tried coaching 12 year olds with attitude lol.
    When they got older it doesn't change, I run a football league here, 18 squads and it's like a gathering of 12 year olds at times, just louder and with a greater vocabulary for expressing their disslike of things.

Crazy things I've done.

Hitch hiked in Iran.

Driven in a converted bus overland from Denmark to India

Cycled from downtown LA to Disney Land and back.... everyone I stopped to ask directions told me I was nuts!

Went swimming in the North Sea on new years day... that was cold!

Hitched in North Sweden and Norway, sleeping in a survival bag at night... that was even colder

... and there was that incident with the US border..cough

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Cool video Sarah! Nicely put together too!
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast