Question I have a question?
    I have been doing this affiliate thing for a month, and it seems to be working great, every days brings a little more money which is absolutly wonderful. Why today though I have tons of clicks and absolutly nothing. Does it take more time to register? Or are my leads/sales frozen? Sorry, got my second check I have been here for 2 months. Can they freeze? This month has been good to me maybe just a off day? do people from cj come here to answer? and one more, is this the place to ask or digital forum, i am confused?
    Last edited by jodyq; August 28th, 2008 at 11:15 PM.

Hi Jodyq,

Congratulations on your success so far in affiliate marketing. I started doing affiliate marketing in August 2000, and it took me months to earn enough to actually receive a check. So, you are definitely doing something right. I grew my business slowly but surely, and quit my job in March 2003, and haven't worked for another company since.

Why today though I have tons of clicks and absolutely nothing. Does it take more time to register?

There will be strange days where traffic and clicks are high, but sales are minimal. Yes, sometimes the posting of sales is delayed for one reason or another. I wouldn't start being concerned if it is just one day. If it happens for several days, then start worrying.

Other strange things might be happening. For example, one day a very popular forum linked to a page at my site and my traffic skyrocketed for that day but sales didn't move in proportion.

Or are my leads/sales frozen? Can they freeze?

Posting of sales can be delayed, especially when commission junction is performing a software upgrade or processing payments. They always say that tracking won't be affected (just posting of sales will be delayed), but there are those here who question the validity of that claim every single time.

This month has been good to me maybe just a off day?

Most likely just an off day if nothing else substantial in how you are doing this has changed.

Do people from cj come here to answer?

They used to have a representative, Todd, who came here and answered our questions. But, he left the company and nobody has replaced him. However, members of the forum are very good at answering questions.

Is this the place to ask or digital forum, i am confused?

I'm assuming that the lack of sales you are talking about are from CJ since you posted in the CJ forum. So, yes it is the right place to ask.

There are other programs represented at this forum, like LinkShare, Share-A-Sale and Google Affiliate Network (which used to be Performics).

If you haven't checked any of these places out, and want to expand your affiliate marketing, then you should check them out. Also, eBay and Amazon (as well as some others) have private affiliate programs you might want to look into.

Thank you!

Hi jodyq. I'm across the river from you in Vancouver. It's fun seeing people from the neighborhood pop in here from time to time.

I think Tracy pretty well covered it. After you've been at this for a while you'll come to expect these weird kind of things happening occasionally. It does sound like you're on the right track if you're getting conversions on a daily basis already. So keep at it.

Ed

X

Talking Updated!!
    Nice Vancouver is a nice place. I actually reside in Tigard, oh so ok I didn't get nothing yesterday or earlier today because yesterday morning I was updating my website and I accidentally broke all my links. So impressions where there but no one could click through because it was like a picture only no action. HA! So I just fixed it and that is ok, so far I have done really well this month So far*

Glad you figured it out...

X

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread