ABW Ambassador
    Does anyone know if it's possible to look up someone's domain name if you know their real name? And if so how? Someone downloaded my site onto his computer and I want to see if he copied my site onto a domain, but I'm not sure how to find out what his domain name is. I just have his name.

Thanks,
    Kip

I don't know about that Kip but you could try doing a search for a line of text that you know is in your site, if hes copied it it should come up I think.

I got my parasiteware t-shirt
    <font color=red size="1">All parasites are scumbags and should be treated as such....</font><font color=blue size="1">STAMP EM OUT!!!</font>
    Take care
    YouTrek.com

Kip,

I do know they can disallow mention of there name and address, by creating a company name inplace of name.

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks Gordon. I tried that but I don't think his site has been indexed yet. He just copied it a few days ago.

ABW Ambassador
    you can try a search in a lot of SE with Copernic Agent. Perhaps the site is indexed already in one SE.

carneol

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I do know they can disallow mention of there name and address, by creating a company name inplace of name.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Sandra. Yes, if he did that then there is no way I could find out unless I catch him with my code. I was hoping there was some type of way to do a reverse lookup on public domain registrations. I guess not. Bummer. I'll wait a week or two and then search for a line of code or text.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I carefully place typeos throughout my websites for just suck an occassion. Heck I do it here as a forced habit making my search terms work like a charm.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread