ABW Ambassador
    College Football 2008
    I forgot College Football started today. My team Notre Dame, which really sucked last year, doesn't have it's first game till next week. I hope they can beat San Diego State, week after Michigan at home. They need to start winning or Weiss will be gone.

GO BLUE!

Sorry, Trust!

Michigan all the way!

Gina

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    I know just how you feel, Trust. For us (UCLA) the Karl Dorrell debacle is OVER and the Rick Neuheisel era starts Monday vs Tennessee.

We've got lost of rebuilding to do, and we're starting the season with both the No. 1 and No. 2 QBs out for the season (ok, Olson might be back in late Nov.) BUT I really think that we will be better than the critics say, and that Kevin Craft (JC transfer) will be a quality QB. Plus with a Rick Neuheisel/Norm Chow offensive scheme, we should do better off the bat than with the horrendous offense of the Drorrell years. And, Dewayne Walker is a top defensive coordinator who will continue to do well until he leaves for a head coaching job.

I thinks we CAN upset Tennessee Monday.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

LSU 31 Appalachian State 0 at halftime. Game started early due to hurricane preparations.

Geaux Tigers!

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by GoNicoFish
    GO BLUE!

Sorry, Trust!

Michigan all the way!

Gina
    It's ok That's going to be an interesting game. Michigan with a new coach, new system.

Absolutely, big Michigan fan here. My mom & sis went there, and my brother is there now.

Unfortunately, RichRod doesn't have the players he needs to run his offense effectively. I'm surprised they kept it close verse Utah, the score didn't really indicate how bad Michigan played I feel. Don't expect much from them this year, but he will definitely get us to the top again I think.

How bout that game last night? Great way to kick off the new year!

Outsourced Program Manager ChrisMiquel's Avatar
    Go CANES!!!

Hopefully this year my Miami Hurricanes will get themselves out of this dump they've been in since the National Championship was stolen from them against Ohio State with a phantom pass interference call that came 4 seconds after the play was over.

Sometimes it makes me want to pull my hair out.

Chris

USC vs. OSU
    Hey everybody,

Big game this Saturday. I don't root for USC too often, but I have no choice here being from Mich. I heard they have a great D this year and have looked good on some highlights I've seen offensively as well. With Beanie being a little nicked up, I don't see Ohio State being able to win this game.

Anybody else have feelings on the game?

ABW Ambassador
    I don't like either of them but think USC will win, even moreso with Beanie being doubtful for the game, haven't kept up if that's for sure yet.

There's also that Michigan vs. ND game this weekend I don't know. I think ND should be blowing out teams like San Diego State, they won, QB looked better but need a few more games to see where they're really at. I'm looking this in a positive way. Either we win some games this year and if not, then they'll find another coach that can.

The Beanie decision is under wraps, going from "definitely playing" to "definitely out" to the current "game time decision".

Would I EVER love to see Ohio State beat the brain surgeons.

I was right about UCLA v Tennessee (see above) and we can do it again vs. BYU. Kevin Craft became a college qb during last week's game, and the sky is the limit for him and the Bruins, if we can avoid any more serious injuries and get Poulson, Bell, etc. back healthy and soon.

And a star was born in Taylor Embree - remember that name.
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

ABW Ambassador
    Notre Dame won and actually looked decent. It's nice to see in 2 games he hasn't been sacked even once, after last year when he was sacked 50+ times. Have some potential.

"I know just how you feel, Trust. For us (UCLA) the Karl Dorrell debacle is OVER and the Rick Neuheisel era starts Monday vs Tennessee."

damn, I just saw a 59-0 score flash on the screen, looks like BYU whipped up on them.

I had a long diatribe, but decided it wasn't worth it. Let's just leave it at, Go Bucks.
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    Notre Dame won and actually looked decent. It's nice to see in 2 games he hasn't been sacked even once, after last year when he was sacked 50+ times. Have some potential.

"I know just how you feel, Trust. For us (UCLA) the Karl Dorrell debacle is OVER and the Rick Neuheisel era starts Monday vs Tennessee."

damn, I just saw a 59-0 score flash on the screen, looks like BYU whipped up on them.
    I thought I had a headache when I woke up this morning. Now.........

59-0

What a revolting development this is.

And today might only get worse. As knight01 said, "Go Bucks!" They can beat the brain surgeons, can't they?

hey everyone! i have been a little hesitant to post here yet b/c i don't know as much as most of you, I'm sure. However, I will comment here. Cathy, it's great to be a fan of your team and it's great to cheer their wins. . . BUT. . . is there anything here that is inherently wrong? LSU 31 Appalachian State 0 at halftime. Don't get me wrong, I am a HUGE Nebraska Cornhusker fan and I remember when they would play these ridiculous schools that they would beat 72-0. LSU vs. Appalachian State isn't much of a match-up. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyHFSykes
    hey everyone! i have been a little hesitant to post here yet b/c i don't know as much as most of you, I'm sure. However, I will comment here. Cathy, it's great to be a fan of your team and it's great to cheer their wins. . . BUT. . . is there anything here that is inherently wrong? LSU 31 Appalachian State 0 at halftime. Don't get me wrong, I am a HUGE Nebraska Cornhusker fan and I remember when they would play these ridiculous schools that they would beat 72-0. LSU vs. Appalachian State isn't much of a match-up. :-)
    I understand what you are saying, and agree that it is just wrong for schools with second-tier football programs to schedule top schools just for the paycheck, as has become so common in the past few years, but the fact remains that in last season's opener, Appalachian State beat Michigan.

Outsourced Program Manager ChrisMiquel's Avatar
    Did anyone watch the Kansas - South Florida game on Friday night? It was one of the more exciting games I've seen in a while. The quarterback Reesing from Kansas is amazing. He's got to be the greatest small quarterback to play D-1 since Flutie Flakes.

ABW Ambassador
    USC lost to Oregan State, 27-21 Didn't even know they were playing yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    USC lost to Oregan State, 27-21 Didn't even know they were playing yesterday.
    What a fabulous sports day yesterday was:

The Dodgers win the NL West and

The University of Spoiled Children Brain Surgeons go down to defeat to the the lowly, ridiculed, OREGON STATE BEAVERS!!!

I turned it on at halftime and heard the score was 21-0, I assumed USC was winning. That was pretty shocking, what a game the little running back from Oregon State had.

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread