ABW Ambassador
    Anyone know of sources that allow websites to create maps and use them on their own websites. While online maps would be great, I wouldn't mind buying software (if it's cheap) to do the samething, either.

Most of the online map programs I've come across allow you to link to their maps (like Yahoo and MapQuest), but not copy it and use it on my own site. I want to keep the visitors on my own site, not going off to another site to see the map.

The types of maps I'm interested in right now are "overview" maps of particular cities here in Montana.

Suggestions anyone?

Jim

ABW Ambassador
    No suggestions at all???

Jim

ABW Ambassador
    Jimh009, I sure was hoping someone would have some suggestions too. I spent probably two hours the other night looking for state based maps myself for a project I'm working on and came up practically empty. Maps.com does have all kinds of maps but the prices were expensive - Like $100+ for a single map but a collection of all 50 states for I believe I was quoted for somewhere arount $800. Heck I'll scan a map and crop my own images before I do that.

Of course nobody likes to say they searched for something and say they came up short so I was hoping I wouldn't have to comment - LOL.

I'll now admit my case and second the plea for assistance.

===================================
    Child labor laws exist yet, parasite partnering merchants (PP Merchants) and the COC allow an adult affiliates income to be diverted into the pockets of parasites and consider it normal business!

Why give parasites unlimited cookie durations and credit for sales where they divert our users and overwrite our cookies. PP merchants and the COC directly supports what many consider unfair trade practices, identity theft and thievery!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jimh009:
    The types of maps I'm interested in right now are "overview" maps of particular cities here in Montana.

Suggestions anyone?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>http://tiger.census.gov/cgi-bin/mapbrowse-tbl

May not be as fancy as the others, but it's public domain and you can dial in detail as required, I've used them for years - the default image is about 420px wide in .gif format.

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks Shoremark!

That's just what the doctor ordered. Not the best of maps, but they will work just fine for my purposes.

Happymoon : If you want state based TOPO maps (only topo maps), look at AllTopo.Com. They have every topo map for every state. Cost is around $100 per state - with NO copyright or usage restrictions. While they don't work well for "city overview" maps, they seem like they would work great for other uses.

Jim

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jimh009:
    If you want state based TOPO maps (only topo maps), look at AllTopo.Com. They have every topo map for every state. Cost is around $100<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>You can do those from www.nationalatlas.gov/ and I think you can even add in Monarch Butterfly populations and other esoteric facts if you like. It wasn't coming up for me just now, but it's usually online.

What ShoreMark said, he's right on the money.

Fred

You might just be a Redneck if - Birds are attracted to your beard...

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread