Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Talking Taekwondo Weekend, A gold, a yellow and butt kicking
    Bust weekend of sports for the kids just finished. Baeng was in for her latest tournie in the 11-12, 42kg to 46kg, Green and below group, Alex had his yellow belt exam and Mai (our Niece who lives with us) had her first tournament, I forget the weight but 15-17, open belt cat (At over 15 they no longer split the fighters by belt, just weight and age)

Pre fight warm up

Nice head kick, shame it was too high

That's more like it, 2 points please

Nice hard kick right in the middle. And that's a wrap at 10-6

Mai takes on a Black Belt in her fight!!!

It looks good, but it didn't score, no power. Mai lost 7-0 but her first tournie fight was against last years winner and a long time Black belt

Alex wrapping up his yellow belt exam, get the scores tomorrow.

Baeng won her third gold, and again, the other finalist didn't turn up. They're all frightened of the 10 year old ... though she's 11 this month

Next weekend Aug 6th Baeng has another tournie, however this is a Schools tournament so she will be fighting for her school rather than her Gym at this one.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Whooo Hoooo! Love seeing kids who can kick ass. :-) None of your kids will have esteem issues, Chris. LOL
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Whooo Hoooo! Love seeing kids who can kick ass. :-) None of your kids will have esteem issues, Chris. LOL
    I hope not

Now Alex has his yellow belt he can fight in the 5-6 age group, but presently doesn't want to, no intention of forcing him to fight though, I've seen a number of kids in the Tournies where it is obvious that the kids didn't want to fight and then they face a kid who "really does" and it's very painful to watch.

He'll either grow into it from watching his sister win or he'll stick with his Tanks, I think his present career aim is to be a Tank driver

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

The "Alex wrapping up his yellow belt exam" one is my favourite (I did spell it right, didn't I, Chris? :-)) one!!

Geno

Nice action shots!

I wouldn't want to encounter your daughter in a dark alley or get on her wrong side

Congrats on the performance!

Quote Originally Posted by Geno Prussakov
    is my favourite (I did spell it right, didn't I, Chris? :-))
    No errors there that I can see

I wouldn't want to encounter your daughter in a dark alley or get on her wrong side Congrats on the performance!
    Thanks. Still a way to go before she's the fighting machine some of these fighers are, but getting there and plenty of time too.

Mai's new boyfriend is a black belt, when he comes calling I'm really polite

Very good shots - thanks for sharing! Excellent work from all of them - or is it 'play'?

Very good shots
    That's down to the new camera, the last time around the pictures were pretty iffy and I missed 90% of the action, so I thought that if the kids are going to invest time and energy in winning stuff then I better invest in getting some better pics, so I'm now the proud owner of a Canon EOS 40D and that has a 6.5 pics per second Drive mode, that hugely helps capture the action Now I just need kids to win some cash prizes to cover the cost

Now Alex has his yellow belt he can fight in the 5-6 age group, but presently doesn't want to, no intention of forcing him to fight though,
    Well that didn't last long, I wasn't at training last night but he decided to join the fight training class after his general class and has decided he wants to fight now

Is Baeng really tall for her age? In that first picture, she's almost as tall as the coach!
    Dyan Carlson
    ["My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness."- The Dalai Lama

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    I can take all of them on any time................from here that is, lol

Great pics Chris congrats, thanks for sharing. Always been a fan of martial arts.

Talking
    Is Baeng really tall for her age? In that first picture, she's almost as tall as the coach!
    Yes she's pretty tall for a 10 year old, and consider that Thai folks aren't that tall to start with, she's a bean pole

Great pics Chris congrats, thanks for sharing. Always been a fan of martial arts.
    MY pleasure, more coming this weekend, Baeng has a tournament.

Meanwhile Mai broke her thumb training yesterday. Doctor had to reset it before it was splinted.... apparently that hurt... a little.... there was some shouting

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread