Angry The Adsense Scam
    I guess I need to visit the forum more; I am listed as a Newbie even-though I have been with Shareasale for many years. I have over fifty affiliate based web sites and 60,000 URLs. LOL.

My Affiliate Voice Post Two: The Adsense Scam

I started using Adsense about four months ago thinking it was a way to make a few extra cpm pennies here and there. Plus their site search was great for my 10K URL datafeed sites. At last look I had 54,385 impressions of their ads and they owed me just under $200. Then when I was expecting my first paycheck from them I received an email that my account was suspended because it was finically damaging the their Adwords customers. THe email was sent via NO-Reply and no other reason was give. I never used anything to create false clicks and I only placed the Adsense ads on non adult sites like, Kites, plumbing, home decor, scrap booking and halloween supplies web sites. My adult sites which sold sexy lingerie were already doing great sales anyway. I posted this in another forum and received many similar experiences. I had over 50,000 impressions of their ads which many of my customers click on and were redirected to other locations. Adsense stole my money and I want to report it to the BBB and State Attorney Office. But I have first and second positions in Google search for many of my keywords and don't want to mess that up. I see Adsense as a SCAM where they can advertise through millions of web masters only to suspend their accounts instead of paying them.

Here is the email I received:
    While going through our records recently, we found that your AdSense
    account has posed a significant risk to our AdWords advertisers. Since
    keeping your account in our publisher network may financially damage
    our advertisers in the future, we've decided to disable your account.

Please understand that we consider this a necessary step to protect the
    interests of both our advertisers and our other AdSense publishers. We
    realize the inconvenience this may cause you, and we thank you in
    advance for your understanding and cooperation.

If you have any questions about your account or the actions we've
    taken, please do not reply to this email. You can find more information
    by visiting
    https://www.google.com/adsense/suppo...57153&hl=en_US.

Sincerely,

The Google AdSense Team
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This message was sent from a notification-only email address that does
    not accept incoming email. Please do not reply to this message.

http and a telephoto
    Moved to Adsense forum.

Welcome to ABW
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

It didn't say you won't get your $200. It just said your account is suspended.

Are you doing PPC as well to generate traffic? If so, maybe they don't like the Adsense/PPC combo.

If you are sure you abided by their TOS, I would just ask them for clarification why your account was suspended - if you care that is.

If you click on that link they sent you there is an online appeal form so throwing in the towel sort of says you have no defense. If it is an error get an explanation. Calling it a scam when you haven't bothered to defend yourself doesn't awaken any sympathy here, sorry.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Yes, get some specifics and post back. Did you have links pointing to your adult sites? That's the "risk" that comes to mind here. $200 is not all that much so click-thrus were probably not the issue.

Also, what do you mean by "I posted this in another forum and received many similar experiences." Others had this experience?
    Last edited by Cheesehead; September 1st, 2008 at 11:05 PM.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Tried it
    Quote Originally Posted by 2busy
    If you click on that link they sent you there is an online appeal form so throwing in the towel sort of says you have no defense. If it is an error get an explanation. Calling it a scam when you haven't bothered to defend yourself doesn't awaken any sympathy here, sorry.

Not answer yet on the appeal and it has been some time now. Did not use PPC and followed the rules. From the emails I have received from others who have had similar experiences I feel I have the right it scam when I have to spend the next several weeks pulling site search off 60,000 web pages. All my customers see is the following message when the use my site search:

Forbidden
    Your client does not have permission to get URL /custom?cx=partner-pub-2915629726468718%3A7ss2sc-se2d&cof=AH%3Aleft%3BALC%3A0000FF%3BBGC%3AFFFFFF%3BCX%3ASpicy%2520Leather%2520Search%3BDIV%3A336699%3BFORID%3A10%3BGALT%3A008000%3BGFNT%3A0000FF%3BGIMP%3A0000FF%3BL%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Fcoop%2Fintl%2Fen%2Fimages%2Fcustom_search_sm.gif%3BLC%3A0000FF%3BLH%3A65%3BLP%3A1%3BT%3A000000%3BVLC%3A663399%3B&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=bras&sa=Search&ad=w9&num=10&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spicyleather.com%2Fsearch.html%3Fcx%3Dpartner-pub-2915629726468718%253A7ss2sc-se2d%26cof%3DFORID%253A10%26ie%3DISO-8859-1%26q%3Dbras%26sa%3DSearch&adkw=AELymgU-6TU6tM6FEFiEQP44KIrjJypg_c9XUpgnCjoSoKNkM0-hA-LTuguKlbKUSns0ulU7PNjhrtlklEutfvNPyoPBzdy2E-_sinVvvXEqd9B_R5b5yvA8kEdVW_EEmlNRDGH27U8un_K7JAMd9vnokq5iPKAlDTFMNnKDY-qqpwpo8_OSSJoyMbFnp-hVBNoxRfXHqJWqSDqI1SPdpRbqE-b0xQjIJSky2dbjft0TdwkzsSt3NGtKbqxMhqz8V9418pwtHJUETdeofQbyOT-QSh7h8gatv6Zqft3e9lNWX-gXM7jcN_TpQSjcH5h4W5Prf57Wp64qKDSxM8dH_joYxY4Lt3AWbSC9zlmLQwQfqlTA2T-UWGELcwbWja38j8y4tyK9b5WBzkOJRUWIQjQKSq99Aufnq9nbH6PuN9Zgmt7-cwwnFK2q8gKYArgBMIym4NEnsgb2WdTl_6WMpyrAX9mmIC-mLk59P1Os6OiROMvEyrFb_dyJPK6oafO0Dpkcpo9jG6veFDK4Jr2ICfKQvuVkJPKme_7qilR3tZoKCnBIiLdTy0nIGag2W8sdhgqC0pqxYoPlCaT4xQ9YtKFe0asWRz9lxniOiY_iEp5rmuOGfbxx2CZjoTwnPkXpPxN47NQvL-nKJyy5yJIuOCJe9sKrItIp0PM9Zdc0M1nlCJkTpXjTnQ4PWmkFxtOKdU9dy6MB-BWzjtstewRyOwqkfpqOHZxC4ibQqf-Y4HH1RrsKHW2td8fOd4yYp9wmmJdscX77whWnYpjjGWqIqPU9Rd8L5PI6-kuC00SvqPzYr8Lq1DgioayFrbshGrjUoDV1IO68N_zr-HUC_FoCHeSYhI6Cif_HI_hkzneUlQh5hFgJAmCCjCCVWcum482jJSpNtLW1bCnzzO0CM7hF_4RlW_JQK9yd0j-t095QqjwyxykGsmZgJrQeTF1GcobRoNxDLZvnELR1aB8k2UoxgFFJP4X5N8K2cCySe46cXNWRrMjcyzUFf3tF4fNTN8lbkCKM7iL2oQy5OnGQuws5m3JwRF07yerRnuk1jbLNyxb1iVaN2uCSJjKJT37QpNI0SjDpOS-K-ng9&hl=en&oe=ISO-8859-1&safe=images&client=pub-2915629726468718&channel=2047519903 from this server. (Client IP address: 24.16.151.18)

We apologize for your inconvenience, but this request could not be processed.

Please click here to continue your search on Google.

I would never ask for sympathy from anyone I am just stating the facts as they have been presented to me by Adsense.

No adult sites
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead
    Yes, get some specifics and post back. Did you have links pointing to your adult sites? That's the "risk" that comes to mind here. $200 is not all that much so click-thrus were probably not the issue.

Also, what do you mean by "I posted this in another forum and received many similar experiences." Others had this experience?
    I placed ASdsense on my non-adult sites including Kites and wind toys, Games and Toys, Plumbing decor, Furniture, Discount wedding dresses, Asian Fashion, and other of the same. My adult site which sells sexy lingerie and club wear did not have Adsesne ads because my regular sales are very strong. Yes $200 is not very much since I make for than that every day in commissions it is just the point. That is why it is nice to have a forum like this to vent. Google gets the raw deal in the end because I canceled my $500 per month Adwords account. They now loose $6000 per year because they stiffed me for $200.

From you home page listed, I took a look at your Asian Fashions site at http://www.asianoutfit.com/ . There are numerous links to adult sites, as well as adult-orientated banner ads. This is perhaps what Google (and its advertisers) is objecting to.
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Smile Didn't use adsense there either
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead
    From you home page listed, I took a look at your Asian Fashions site at http://www.asianoutfit.com/ . There are numerous links to adult sites, as well as adult-orientated banner ads. This is perhaps what Google (and its advertisers) is objecting to.
    The site in question I won't mention due to Spam did not contain Adsense ads because it is number one in Google when Asian Fashion is searched. Plus all listed keywords are in the top ten searches on many search engines. I only used adsense on sites like plumbing decor, kids toys, furniture sites, battle kites, chess sites, and nerdy gadgets. Sites that did not have high page rankings.

ABW Ambassador
    If Google were a person, they probably wouldn't take the time to stop and pick up $200 on the sidewalk - it's such a small drop in the bucket it doesn't even make a ripple. They're not out to scam you for $200!
    Hi, I'm a signature.

Hi -- You will probably be paid the $200 owed to you (but don't take my word for it -- you never know with google!). They haven't said you "violated" any of their terms.

What may be the problem is you have too low of a CTR (click thru rate) on their ads.
    There are ALOT of Google content advertisers that choose to pay for their ads based on impressions $x.xx per 1000 or 100 impressions (can't remember which).

So, if you are showing alot of the google ads and they are not getting clicked on, then the advertisers that pay by impressions ARE losing money on your site(s).

Anne

$200?!
    I agree that $200 is nothing to Google, but I bet that they make a very tidy additional income with all the bits of money that they keep in situations like this when you add it all up!

It really is very easy to get angry when we realize that no matter how hard we work, someone else can just sweep it from under our feet without so much as a by your leave.

I can understand how you feel and it is okay to vent here

But as affiliate marketers, we really cannot afford to alienate Google

They've got all the cards
    [URL="http://www.affiliatemarketingintro.com"]Affiliate Marketing Basics[/URL]

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by niche
    It really is very easy to get angry when we realize that no matter how hard we work, someone else can just sweep it from under our feet without so much as a by your leave.

I can understand how you feel and it is okay to vent here

But as affiliate marketers, we really cannot afford to alienate Google

They've got all the cards
    Its OK though because none of the Google branches talk to each other. I still have many keywords in top spots on Google searches. What is really strange is that my conversion rate has gone way up since the Adsense ordeal. I cancelled my Adwords campaign and then my Yahoo campaign just because I was in the mood. My customers are not being redirected to other sites; they are staying longer and buying more. Everyone should try it; cancel your Adwords campaign for sixty days a see if there is a difference. You can always go back...

No longer upset about the Adsense scam...
    My earned commission has more than doubled since Ad-cents dumped me. I can't explain it; only to say waht has been said...

wait your conversion jumped when adsense was removed or when your PPC traffic (adwords) stopped ?

Quote Originally Posted by gettnthar
    Hi -- You will probably be paid the $200 owed to you (but don't take my word for it -- you never know with google!). They haven't said you "violated" any of their terms.

What may be the problem is you have too low of a CTR (click thru rate) on their ads.
    There are ALOT of Google content advertisers that choose to pay for their ads based on impressions $x.xx per 1000 or 100 impressions (can't remember which).

So, if you are showing alot of the google ads and they are not getting clicked on, then the advertisers that pay by impressions ARE losing money on your site(s).

Anne
    Low CTR has nothing to do with this. Most pay by clicks. I have sites with virtually zero CTR. The problem here is that his adult sites are just one or at most two clicks away from even the kids sites like his site battlekites.com. If I were an advertiser, particularly one selling kids items related to kites, I would object as well.

The problem is they did not want to pay me the money they owed me.
    I stick with the scam label; they had no problem with any of my non adult sites that I used Adsense on until in came time for them to pay me. Instead of paying the money they owe they suspended my account. They have not answered any emails I have sent nor the two appeal forms I have filled out. They have also not paid me. I will keep calling them a SCAM until they pay me what they owe me. I took regular screen shots and have all my ducks in a row.

Now since my previous posts my sales have tripled after the Ad-Cents ads were removed. I like the site search but I will not use them again even if they ever pay me. Adsense is a scam and it will steal your customers away.

did you think adding links targeted to your traffic was going to make your site stickier and help you sell more? You gave your visitors some targeted links to leave through in exchange for the cents per click ... you sold the traffic not your product.

Please keep making a big deal about this let all the retailers know that adsense will lower their sales...your trading cents for dollars if your trying to sell something. If your a content site it's a whole different ball game.

Get all your ducks in a row, start by going deep in the TOS and reread it in detail.

"we found that your AdSense account has posed a significant risk to our AdWords advertisers."

run one or the other but not both...google thinks your trying to scam them do you not see that? Your buying traffic and sending it to a place you hope to resell it from get real now it's stuff like this that made me opt out of the content network all together. It's a shame that they did not do a better review until time of payout, but i think that SOP for a lot of networks.

Hi MrBSHouse
    RE:You gave your visitors some targeted links to leave through in exchange for the cents per click.

Except for this thread I am not using the word "Scam" anymore and am concentrating on your statement above. I primarily used Adsense for the site search but have started building sites in PHP so I can set up my own.

The significant risk comment kind of irked me a bit as well. Try this: in Google place the following keywords in the search and see how many Adword accounts get listed. Sex Toys, Adult toys, Adult Movies. These had nothing to do with my site but it questions the significant risk comment.

think of it in terms of economics if it were possible would you like to buy an adword listing for say 25 cents that is then sold through your adsense for 10 cents?

it make no sense as such they said no thanks were going to stop this here...no check for you

take the offense out of it...it's just business

There are a few reasons why you have not gotten paid:

* To get paid you need to get your PIN number. Did you get one?

* Adsense payments usually are towards end of the month after about the 21st of each month. Don't think they'll just send just your one check as soon as your acct is suspended. Everyone gets their checks/wires in batches.

* If you are not in the U.S. it will probably take much longer by snail mail

I would suggest that you let G be your friend and as mrbshouse suggested, read over the TOS again. They actually do mean and follow their TOS pretty strictly and if you are getting good traffic from your sites already, I would want to keep that up.

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread