Millionaire on training wheels Justdoit's Avatar
    There is hope for all the non techies out there!!!!
    To make a long story short I have been envious of all those who use datafeeds and webmerge because I couldn't figure it out..
    Those who know me wonder how I even manage to make any money since my Frontpage knowledge is limited and my sites are ugly.
    I downloaded the trial version of webmerge about 2 weeks ago and nothing clicked and kept getting frustrated, and the bottle of Baileys was getting emptied fast!!!!
    I had a bit of experience with Excel enought to play around with a downloaded feed but that was about it.
    Well , It Finally Clicked!!!!!!!
    Thanks to Abigail, and a sample template she provided, I finally figured out how Webmerge works yesterday, and it only took half a bottle of Baileys, and 1 am the light finally came on in my head.
    Now off to but the full version today..
    Amazing what this software can do, when you finally learn how.
    If I can figure this out then there is hope for the rest of the world.

It is never too late to be what you might have been.

Affiliate Manager
    Now if you can learn PHP and MySQL you would be styling big time
    You might want to buy the full version though instead of buting it

To Good Health & Wellbeing,

Chet Brzezinski
    eVitamins Affiliate Manager
    http://www.eVitamins.com

The eVitamins Parasite & Scumware Policy:
    http://www.evitamins.com/parasitepolicy.asp

I'm in the crowd that writes their own code in ASP for datafeeds. BUT search engines don't spider them well, as I'm learning.

So I decided to use webmerge to make some static pages for a sitemap.

It's a pretty cool tool. I'll probably be using it more!

Good for you!

ps: you might want to let the Baileys wear off before you post next time! butting it lol!

SJohnson@NO_Spam_ClickMagazine.Net
    www.ClickMagazine.Net

Excellent,

Upgrade to a program that offers both php and mysql and you will be styling.

It’s so much easier than people think; they just need the right help or program to as you said, "Finally clicked"

Congrats, welcome to the adult table..

ABW Ambassador
    Congrats J!

I've been pulling my hair out for the last week trying to get my first PHP scripts to work

Hurry up and see if you can get a couple of feeds up for Xmas.

Javi

-------------
    <font size="1">Ladies and Gentleman you are being robbed every day, you know it and you're not doing anything about it. When is enough, enough? </font>

Chet,
    Php and mysql are like greek to me, still learning Frontpage..
    Still wondering how I mkae money at this but I guess if the people are looking hard enough for something and find my site then there is hope for all.
    The Bailey's had worn off late last night but unfortunately I can't type as fast as I think , lol, but will be "buying" Webmerge today.
    It is true Sandra, that getting getting the right help is the key.
    There is so much competition out there in the affiliate world but when you make friends you can trust, it's great.
    PS, Thanks Abigail for putting up with me,you have the patience of a saint.

Javi,
    All feeds will be up within the next 48 hours, have domains just sitting around, making templates now, and won't sleep for the next few days, oops forgot about the kids again..

Just,
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Those who know me wonder how I even manage to make any money since my Frontpage knowledge is limited and my sites are ugly. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    That describes my thoughts about me to a T

I downloaded Webmerge about a month ago to see what I could do with it. Not having a clue about datafeeds, coding and pretty much everything else I figured I would give it a try. After about 20 hours or so I decided to put it on the back burner for now just because I got so frustrated with it. I did manage to get it to spit out some pages for me, but I will have to find the time to learn alot more about Webmerge. Anyways congrats and thanks for giving me hope that I will some day figure it all out

I'm hoping to hook up with DFLSports for lunch one of these days soon, seeing how he lives just up the road from me. He seems to be getting a good handle on things concerning feeds and Webmerge. We figure we can maybe exchange some ideas and try to help each other out.

Merchant Coincidences, One of the Wonders of the World

Coincidence Me baby!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Justdoit:
    oops forgot about the kids again..
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    That reminds me. The wife had friends over this weekend. The house was full of kids. Anyway after a couple of hours everybody left. But I hear a noise coming from my sons room. I looked in and there was one of my wifes friends kids playing with action men. The mother completely forgot about him, the fact that she came with 3 kids and left with 2 didn't register at all

ABW Ambassador
    thats like when Trust's oven ate his pizza btw, whree is that thread.. I need a laugh

-------------
    <font size="1">Ladies and Gentleman you are being robbed every day, you know it and you're not doing anything about it. When is enough, enough? </font>

I've downloaded the trial version about a week ago and still am learning how to get around it. And I've signed up with a merchant that provides free datafeed in txt mode.

Would someone here be kind enough to share a litte clue about this software ? Whatever I've tried, it still shows the numerical url values (instead of the URL name I wanted to generate) on the detail pages. I'm planning to get the full version once I know my way around it.

Thanks.

Well so much for this piece of software, for now.
    Had the trial version had everything all figured out, gave it a test run yesterday afternoon again and it keeps seizing up my pc. Tried reinstalling and no such luck, off to build more pages the normal way today, at least for now..

Hey Everyone,

Intresting topic, just wanted to note that I have played around with webmerge myself and purchased the full version. I have it and might learn it one day.

That being said I want to share some info for those that feel like they "don't have enough" skill or knowledge of the fancy php scripts, data feeds or webmerger.

I use frontpage ;-)

That is really about it, I read a lot about web design and even more about "web marketing" and "seo".

I have learned how to create very nice look profesional sites by using web template and purchased professional logo's.

This month I am set to surpass 20k in commissions with my expenses being around $3,500 this month. Usally I spend around $1,000 monthly on expenses.

If you understand a few important but basic ideas and principles about web marketing you can make a bundle using:

-frontpage
    -wordtracker

I used to spend lots more on software to solve my problems ... stuff like webposition gold, ect ....

Now I find the more money I make (and the more sites) I seam to worry less about positions on the search engines knowing my pages "will be in play".

Don't get me wrong, this stuff like data feeds is wonderful ... just don't get into the idea that you "CAN NOT MAKE IT HAPPEN" simply because you don't have the knowledge.

That is silly ....

Have you opened your frontpage editor today?

Brian Johnson
    (Chef Brian)
    Seek and you shall find
    Learn About Lifetime Commissions @ Myrxforless

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread