Storestacker
    Has anyone used Storestacker? If so:

1) can you put in popshops php stores on your pages?
    2) how easy is it, if you can?

Why would you want to put popshops stores inside Storestacker pages. Storestacker itself will build a storefront for you.

I have Amazon, ebay, and Overstock plugins, but the popshops would let me put in about a gazillion more products. Just want a bigger selection of products

Well.. if you put together amazon, ebay and overstock there are probably tens of millions of products in thousands of niches. Though i guess it never harms to have more.. the issue is that you need to make sure your host plan can support a very large site. In my opinion both StoreStacker and popshops where made to work with niche sites, not more then thousands products, so te surfer can find fast what it wants,and not spend time diging like in a Mall/universal store.

Quote Originally Posted by omaron
    Well.. if you put together amazon, ebay and overstock there are probably tens of millions of products in thousands of niches. Though i guess it never harms to have more.. the issue is that you need to make sure your host plan can support a very large site. In my opinion both StoreStacker and popshops where made to work with niche sites, not more then thousands products, so te surfer can find fast what it wants,and not spend time diging like in a Mall/universal store.
    [
    Omaron, do you have any suggestions for store fronts for Malls/Universal stores, since your opinion is that StoreStacker and PopShops may not be best for this?

Well.. i haven't used anything else honestly. I did not sayd that StoreStacker and PopShops are not best for that, just that in my opinion nische stores are more valuable then malls. I think both StoreStacker and PopShops can be good for mall/universal stores, but it will depend on your host plan too. If you want millions of products, you have to be prepared for that. Imagine only what kind of database or server space you will need in order to support millions of products.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jyworthy
    [
    Omaron, do you have any suggestions for store fronts for Malls/Universal stores, since your opinion is that StoreStacker and PopShops may not be best for this?
    I love PS, know nothing about StoreStacker, but the easiest and best tool for what you describe would probably be Golden Can.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

I, too, had never heard of StoreStacker. But I Googled it and checked it out.

My question: Why would you spend such outrageous amounts of money on something you can do pretty much for free with GoldenCan, assuming you have any knowledge at all about setting up a simple website on your own domain?

Can't see the value in StoreStacker for the money it apparently costs to set up and run.
    Generate more fake news.

I wouldn't write off Store Stacker just yet.

I bought it recently, and haven't had a chance to evaluate it properly yet.

My initial impression: you can make some very slick looking niche websites very quickly.

By carefully combining content RSS feeds with eBay and Amazon feeds you can have auto-updating content for virtually any niche.

Don't know how well it'll stand up in the search engines, and I still have to play around with tweaking and customising the templates.

Put it this way: I don't regret buying it. And it isn't over-priced.

Quote Originally Posted by VampireSkunk
    I wouldn't write off Store Stacker just yet.

I bought it recently, and haven't had a chance to evaluate it properly yet.

My initial impression: you can make some very slick looking niche websites very quickly.

By carefully combining content RSS feeds with eBay and Amazon feeds you can have auto-updating content for virtually any niche.

Don't know how well it'll stand up in the search engines, and I still have to play around with tweaking and customising the templates.
    Indeed, it would be interesting to see more about how it's doing for those using it, and I hope you'll update us as to what you discover and what results you may get with it. Always good to know about tools that work.

Quote Originally Posted by VampireSkunk
    Put it this way: I don't regret buying it. And it isn't over-priced.
    "Over-priced" is sort of in the eyes of the beholder, isn't it? If you can afford it and it works for you, by all means it isn't over-priced.

I was simply making a point above that with some really great tools out there from the affiliate networks, most free and some very cheap, it seemed a bit pricey to me.

Keep us posted on how it works for you.
    Generate more fake news.

Writerguy,

I certainly will.

Of course, if anyone reading this is in any doubt as to whether they can afford it - don't buy it! As Writerguy points out, there are free tools which work very nicely.

When considering price, you need to factor in the number of sites you're likely to build.

If I build 10 sites, it cost $13 per site.

If I build 100 sites...

With Storestacker, you are basically creating WordPress sites. That's a GOOD thing - the search engines seem to love sites built in WP.

However, I don't like the $97 per month fee that StoreStacker seems to have.

Can you just buy it and have it "work"?

It isn't WordPress - it builds websites, not blogs, albeit database-driven. Based on the Smarty engine.

No recurring fee. One-off payment.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread