Amex reporting error -- rescinding sales in August
    Anyone else get notice that Amex had an error where supplemental cards ordered were being counted as affiliate revenue?

That is, they applied for a primary card, which counts, and then got one for a spouse, which shouldn't count extra but did.

Was informed some approvals involved this in error and thus are being removed as sales. Just curious how widespread this is.

ABW Ambassador
    I got it last week. In my case, I was negated for sales where I didn't get a primary sale for the same card. How about for you?

Same issue here. Not so much concerned about the adjustments as it looks like Amex still hasn't corrected the problem going forward so tougher to plan growth.

ABW Ambassador
    I just responded to that email from last week, as follows:
    How could my chargebacks be for supplemental cards if I never had initial sales commissioned for those same cards? Please look at my Amex card sales for the past few months and let me know how this is possible.

ABW Ambassador
    Yesterday, I received this response:
    Thank you for your email!

Please run an Individual Item Report and you will be able to track any sales that were made for non-supplemental cards. Again, you can identify the duplicate items as any order number ending in USD01, USD02, USD03, etc. You can download your report to excel and send us a list of the transactions you would like clarification on.
    My reply:
    That's what I did and that's why I asked what I did. Please respond to my question if you think I'm wrong.
    No response, so I've gotten nowhere. If Linkshare is going to reverse sales from their affiliates, they need to provide support for what their original message says. Until they do, I'm not convinced that my reversals are warranted.

I did this and sent a particular transaction to them. They responded that I needed to file it with them using the transaction inquiry tool.
    --Tricia Meyer-- I love being the exception to the rule.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread