1 of 300 reinstatement of account
    I have mentioned that several people I know were banned (expired, termination, whatever you want to call it) by EPN on the 8/20 shakedown of the alleged 300 (of 90,000).

Yesterday one of them got an e-mail from EPN reinstating their account. Keep in mind this is nearly 2+ weeks later after e-mailing them why their account was considered for expiration. Not a single word from ebay until the e-mail reinstating their account.

Many will applaud that ebay is doing the right thing. However, let's look at this a bit closer shall we?

First, if these folks weren't unfairly banned, then why would any of them need to be reinstated?

Second, if there were truly only 300 accounts banned, why would it take ebay (a multi-billion dollar corporation) over 2+ weeks to go through those 300 accounts? Seems to me it wouldn't take anytime at all to review them since they should have been looked at BEFORE being expired and were expired for some legitimate reason correct?

Third, no explanation on why being expired in the first place, and no reason for the reinstatement other than a standard "we reviewed your traffic" type of things.

Seems to me that there are simple answers here that are obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by nakedgamer
    Seems to me that there are simple answers here that are obvious.
    Maybe I am a bit thick, but those simple answers that are obvious are?

Jim
    [URL=http://www.moonshadowsfarm.com]MoonShadows Farm Country Store[/URL]
    Business Opportunities - 4 Ways to Make Money
    Affiliate, Drop Ship, Wholesale & Associate Downline

LOL! Okay, to me it's obvious.

One, people were unfairly banned.

Two, there was far more than 300 people banned and that is why it's taking so long to get some people reinstated.

Three, no explanation was given because ebay was wrong in their mass banning in many of the cases and they know it.

My own opinion:

eBay has a network and Google has a network.
    eBay is big and Google is big.
    eBay does many mistakes whereas Google goes through the right path.

I really miss the days eBay used to work through CJ, where I could send emails directly to eBay managers for their programs in Europe instead of using support ticket that takes 3 days to let you know your message went to the relevant department and if you're lucky you get a reply after a week overall.

I think there are too many stories and they need to do something about it, perhaps this action to reinstate the accounts is their YOM KIPUR and soon they will show that they care even on the small pieces in their program, who knows.

I definitely think EPN will be a lot more careful in the future with mass bannings. It can quickly turn into a PR nightmare.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    My friend's ebay account encountered the same problem as you too.. no word on his status. He just took a break from ebay. he did not shed a tear though

ABW Ambassador
    *original post removed*

nakedgamer doesn't like eBay. We get it.
    Hi, I'm a signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Celicaphile
    *original post removed*

nakedgamer doesn't like eBay. We get it.
    I never said that. In fact we have many sites that make good money from EPN. However, whenever I see an issue that needs to be discussed, you bet I am going to discuss it.

I thought it was a bad move for ebay to leave CJ, and tracking has suffered even more than it suffered on CJ. Then you have ebay implementing rules that are so general and hidden you can't figure out where you stand. I disagree with that.

However as an affiliate program there is still tons of money to be made with ebay unless they continue to shoot themselves in the foot with these types of actions.

Just because you may not agree with me doesn't mean I have to agree with you.

What I do find interesting if this were a new affiliate program or network (and smaller) it would get ripped to shreds by now. Just because it's ebay and big multi-billion dollar company there seems to be an assumption that they can do no evil.

I have seen many times smaller programs right here at ABW that have gotten ripped a new one for things like... oh I don't know... "transparency", "tracking", etc.

Seems that large programs are immune. Very interesting.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    NG I think we need to keep an eye on suspect behavior, which is what you are doing. A few days ago a fellow posted that "Adsense was a scam". I took notice since Adsense provides most of my income. And from what I could see, the fellow got canned because of the links and banners on his site that alarmed advertisers - not a scam.

In this case of ebay, I have not seen anything firsthand, but I will take your word for it that you have, and you know of a person let back in. So this is more or less proof, as you imply, that at least one person was unjustly terminated. With 1400+ posts under your belt and no outside motive, I have no reason to not believe you.

We can only hope that there will be no more "surprises" like this at ebay.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread