Thread: Product Feed Question

Product Feed Question
    Hey guys, the buy.at ticketmaster product feed is somewhat confusing to me. I noticed that the onsale times are the exact same as the event times. As most know, the onsale times are mostly in the morning and event times are at night so I knew something was wrong. Is there something that I am doing wrong is the feed just wrong?

Affiliate Network Rep
    the onsale feed is not actually the time that tickets are going on sale. Currently the onsale feed only pulls those onsale events which are displayed through an algorithm on Ticketmaster.com based upon popularity and history. This means not every conceivable onsale shows up in our feed. This is something we will be working on for the future, but currently the Onsale feed only takes into account those events which are the most popular by market.

hopefully that helps...let me know if you need to know more

c3

We've pretty much scrapped using the onsale feed. It isn't accurate enough for our use. The amount of things it was missing was causing us to look bad so we are back to doing it by hand...

Affiliate Network Rep
    sorry to hear about the issues kyle...

we are working to improve that particular feed but because it is built by an automated algorithm on the TM side there is very little we can do to change it.

as to the consistency issues you saw regarding data formatting, we have and are continuing to look into the issue.

once again my apologies for the trouble,
    c3

I am also doing it by hand...pretty slow and tedious work but it gets the job done in the mean time! It would be a very handy feed if a few things were fixed.

Affiliate Network Rep
    as always we are open to feedback...

i've gotten some positive and some negative on this particular feed...

what would make this feed better...moreover, what would make this feed perfect for your needs?

oh and kyle if you read this congrats on winning one of the ticketmaster gift certificates.

c3

Charliem
    I just pulled the onsale datafeed. For me, it only shows 4 events in my area. I understand that it's meant to be used for general or fan sites, but for someone running local websites that just isn't enough data to make it worth using. I didn't check all of them but it has events listed in my DMA that shouldn't be listed as they locations are in a different DMA.

For my the events I'm looking at the onsale and event dates are different, so perhaps I'm misunderstanding the problem the others are having.

How to make it better for me... list all the events and verify the DMA of the events. I'll handle it from there.
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

Lightbulb The perfect onsale feed
    The perfect feed contains - Every event going on sale on a given date, today, tomorrow and a few days into the future would be ideal.

It would contain the STATE of the venue as well as the actual City, and ZIP code instead of DMA information.

There would be one entry per event, instead of 3 or 4.

Data would be consistent, and would be removed from the feed at the same time every day.. maybe even the NEXT day

The ONSALE TIME field would actually contain the time that tickets are going on sale... instead of the time of the event.

That's basically it for me, anyone else want to add their 2 cents?

This is my thoughts exactly. I dont know why there is a column for onsale time when it is really the event time. All of the suggestions you have mentioned are great and I look forward to the day it happens!

Quote Originally Posted by evileric
    The perfect feed contains - Every event going on sale on a given date, today, tomorrow and a few days into the future would be ideal.

It would contain the STATE of the venue as well as the actual City, and ZIP code instead of DMA information.

There would be one entry per event, instead of 3 or 4.

Data would be consistent, and would be removed from the feed at the same time every day.. maybe even the NEXT day

The ONSALE TIME field would actually contain the time that tickets are going on sale... instead of the time of the event.

That's basically it for me, anyone else want to add their 2 cents?
    Thanks Charlie for the gift card well wishes.

Eric has hit it on the head.

We need to have all of the events going on sale every day in the feed. Having 4 listings for a single event for the DMA is a pain too. The onsale feed misses a lot of the bigger events that my customers are buying. Our competitors seem to get the info from somewhere within TM but we can't.

11. Newsletter Signup