Outsourced Program Manager ChrisMiquel's Avatar
    How to get affiliates to join?
    I've set up an affiliate network with SaS, and I'm having problems getting quality affiliates to join my program.

You can view my affiliate program post by clicking here

I have about 80 affiliates in my program, but I'm not receiving much traffic. I'm giving $20/order for a FREE Trial Offer, which I was told is a pretty good deal. I here about super affiliates all the time.

1. Where can you find super affiliates? or do they just find you?

2. Anyone know of any good affiliates with health related traffic? I have a Sleeping Aid Product and a Stop Snoring Product that I will have FREE Trial Offers for.

Thanks for your guys help,

Chris

ABW Ambassador
    be patient. If you have a good program, affiliates will find you

I am... just trying to receive as much help as I can.

Thanks

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    medgen, I wrote a blog post the other day that might help. It's emphasis is on branding your program in the Affiliate space.. once you establish yourself as an authority in your category, the good Affiliates will find you.

But as others have already said here, this is a process. And will take some time.

Hope it helps: Affiliate Program Branding & Management

Quote Originally Posted by Gary-AvantLink
    Gary, thanks for the info.

Lightbulb
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary-AvantLink
    medgen, I wrote a blog post the other day that might help. It's emphasis is on branding your program in the Affiliate space.. once you establish yourself as an authority in your category, the good Affiliates will find you.

But as others have already said here, this is a process. And will take some time.

Hope it helps: Affiliate Program Branding & Management
    You could also put your site with Gary at AvantLink.

He has the best tools of anyone for affiliates to use.

It is so easy to automate your site with AvantLink and let it take care of its self so you can work on other things.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Outsourced Program Manager DavidG-MV's Avatar
    Gary...great blog post!
    David Green - [URL=http://www.morevisibility.com]MoreVisibility[/URL]
    [URL=http://www.morevisibility.com/seoblog/]Blogs[/URL] - [URL=http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=497]Support Forum[/URL] - [B][URL=http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=19856]New SAS Program - 1STOPlighting.com[/URL][/B]

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Chris, have you contacted each of the 80 affiliates you have in the program? Find out what they need to succeed. You may have to do some good old fashioned gorilla recruiting. Take your most niche search terms and look for affiliate sites that promote that. Then setup a recruiting funnel write some templates but personalize them per affiliate. Your subject line is your most important part.

If you launch the program in AvantLink you have access to affiliates and can contact them once a month via their network. That goes a lot farther than most networks.

All you need to make your program good are:

* Commitment.
    * Planning.
    * Products And Services.
    * Training.
    * Patience.
    * Website Usability And Design.
    * Strategic Keyword Research.
    * Analytics And Metrics.
    * Tools.
    * Crawl ability.
    * Content.
    * Links.
    * Social Marketing.
    * Reputation Management.
    * And Trust.

All the best

Thanks guys. I'm on SaS and sent a newsletter to all my affiliates thanking them for joining and notifying them of the $20/sale of my FREE Trial Offer! I will also contact them individually and ask them what they might need from me.

But I will say that the majority of them are probably garbage affiliates, I would guess.

Chris

But I will say that the majority of them are probably garbage affiliates, I would guess.
    Um, Chris?
    Definitely not the way to get started on ABW.
    You better hope Billy Kay doesn't read this thread.
    Dyan Carlson
    ["My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness."- The Dalai Lama

Sorry I have to add to my little quip...

First you post your picture "Just trying to take any advantage I can get, to get the most help." EWWWW. I realize that you probably joking, but it is coming across as really smug.
    Then to follow up with your latest thread...

If your attitude from the start is that most of the 80 affiliates who took the time to join your program are "garbage", then why are you in this business? You make it sound like it's going to be a chore to contact these 80 people, when infact, you need to make it a personal challenge to get the most you can out of them!

And please, stop saying "FREE Trial Offer". It comes across as really cheesy.
    Dyan Carlson

Quote Originally Posted by guinness618
    Um, Chris?
    Definitely not the way to get started on ABW.
    You better hope Billy Kay doesn't read this thread.
    I don't mean to offend anybody, especially the affiliates that have singed up so far for my program. But I read a few posts already in this forum, about how many of the affiliates aren't good affiliates, and you need to be careful with the affiliates that are in your program. Especially when it comes to garbage traffic which will effect your cost per hundred visits (sorry forgot the acronym for this) which displays on your account.

Once again my apologies, for my statement. I am here trying to learn, and I've learned a lot, I've also made changes immediately and have been working with affiliates on what they have asked.

Thanks,

Chris

Just be careful, especially when you speak about affiliates. Any affiliate who takes the time to join and participate in the ABW forum is most likely someone you would love to have promoting your product, don't start off on the wrong foot (learn from my mistakes young one).
    If I may?
    Don't get into the mindset that all affiliates are "garbage" and aren't worth the effort. Think of each affiliate as they could be the next million dollar producer, with the right direction from you. It's easier said than done, believe me, I know. But if you've read this forum, you never really do know where the next super affiliate may come from.
    Also, have you looked at doing some advertising here? You've certainly got the target audience to market your product-PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATE MARKETERS.
    And for the love of all that is righteous and holy, never mention a deactivation campaign...
    Dyan Carlson

Thanks for the advise. I purchased a program placement on this forum when I first signed up. http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=109621 I am trying to get my sites the way that the affiliates want before I do anymore paid marketing of the program. I've posted the two main sites for review on this forum, and have gotten great feedback and have made the requested changes that were asked and suggested.

Update... I better learn quick because Kay may have read this post because my account does not seem to be active right now. I am trying to contact them to see what has happened.

I tell you what lessons are learned very quickly.

Chris

My deepest apologies
    I want to apologize to all affiliates especially the ones here at ABW. I made a statement in one of my posts in this thread, which was kind of misunderstood and written poorly. I have read posts earlier here about managing your affiliates and removing the affiliates that perform poorly for you so that they don't damage your EPC, by receiving garbage traffic that never converts. I will quote the statement I made below so that I can take it back and start all over. Please feel free to destroy me as you wish, but please forgive me if I offended you in any way.

I have learned that what statement you make can damage your reputation before you even make one. So with that being said I would like to start over and re-introduce myself.

Hello everyone I'm Chris Miquel from South Florida, and quite new to affiliate marketing. I have already learned a lot from this forum and look forward to earning friendships and knowledge from all of you.

Best Wishes to All,

Chris

Smile
    Hi Chris

We all make mistakes.

That's how you learn.

Although there are probably some affiliates here who will not admit that they have made mistakes.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

ABW Ambassador
    You are probably right about the garbage affiliates though. There is nothing wrong with expecting good quality affiliates and not wanting the garbage ones. You just have to know how to attract the good ones, and keep the bad ones away, without offending the good ones in the process

The day I don't make a mistake or a faux pas will probably be the day I'm dead. Living, learning and growing is what life is all about. Keep learning and doing it the right way.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

In a recent post I mentioned garbage traffic that was being peddled by the OP. I worded it in such a way that it sounded like I called his website garbage which resulted in a likewise response. So I think we all do it from time to time. The lesson for me is, tell it like it is (IMO) but perception is everything...

X

This is such a cool place. Medgen, you for being so humble and handling an awkward situation so well, and the others here for being so very gracious and understanding of how hard it can be to be new. Thanks, all!

Yes you learn a hell of a lot, very quickly hear.

This is the sort of product you'd see in a CPA network...they're full of free trial health offers. Might be a better idea than trying to pick up SaS affiliates.

(I'm not recommending one here, nor are any of them really honest companies, just making a broad suggestion.)

Medgen-
    I am also new to affiliate marketing, and the best piece of advice that I have gotten so far is to read Geno's book. It has helped me a lot. Not only with ideas on how to recruit affiliates but also how to work with he ones that have sign up and so they are active. and reducing the amount of non productive affiliates. Just remember any affiliate at any time can make a sale so there are no bad affiliates.

As for a more immediate advice have you posted your program on any affiliate directories. A lot of them are free or low cost to merchants. It really seems to have put a boost in my recruitment efforts. (Thanks Geno!)

-Renee

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread