Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    Anybody getting any today? Usually i have a few, it's been lagging last few days.

Hi -

I was jus going to post a message about this. The leads for the ebay.ca, eBay.co.uk & eBay.au program have not been appearing within CJ since Nov. 6th. Seems like a technical problem. Here is a copy of the email that the ebay.co.uk program sent out to its affiliates:

"As you may have realised, leads generated for eBay.co.uk have not been attributed to your account over the last week. This is due to a technical problem experienced on Tuesday 05/11/02. Everything is being done to correct the problem as quickly as possible and we are confident that the tracking issues will be resolved later this evening.

In the meantime, please be advised that you will be compensated for any lost leads during this period."

Is this the same for the US program?

Thanks,
    concordia1975

Mine are about normal.

ABW Ambassador
    I just did a "test transaction" & bid on (& won) an auction, but it's MIA on CJ...
    Time to send off an email that's destined to be ignored...grrrreeeeeaaaaat....

[edit]
    email sent via CJ's P.O.S. mail system...
    [/edit]

Supras | Celicas

I don't show any transactions for today either.

Somebody pass the Maalox please. This has NOT been a good day all the way around. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

Hi -

Are the leads now not showing up for eBay.com? Or are you talking about the eBay International programs?

Thanks,
    concordia1975

ABW Ambassador
    I'm seeing them again today, i have 5 already.

I'm talking about eBay.com, not international.

ABW Ambassador
    Ebay.com, leads are coming thru nicely today.

I've had a few come through too. Mine seem to be tracking.

---
    Judge your success by the degree that you're enjoying peace, health, and love.

ABW Ambassador
    Does anybody have a contact name, email addres, and/or phone number for eBay? I need to contact a live person & not have my attempts ignored. This is ridiculous!

[edit]
    just posted on eBay's own discussion board...
    [/edit]

Supras | Celicas

[This message was edited by Celicaphile on November 13, 2002 at 04:41 PM.]

OK...nothing showing now for 3 days. I have fired off an email to both eBay and to CJ. If I'm ignored then we will set this one free.

Hi All,

I know the contact info. for the eBay.ca affiliate program. I am not sure about the response time but you may want to try them out.

affiliatesmanager@ebay.ca

Thanks,
    Eric

I have just sent so many emails and posted a couple of not so good messages on their forums that somebody should sit up and take notice!!

I'm very tired of pitching eBay and having nothing to show for it.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    How can a company that big not be able to spare one person to be a responsible affiliate manager?

I want to drop eBay pretty bad, but I've invested too much time & unfortunately they're one of my better earners...I should say potential earners due to all of the extended registrations...

[edit]
    just posted again on their discussion board...this one, hopefully, will open their eyes.
    [/edit]

Supras | Celicas

[This message was edited by Celicaphile on November 14, 2002 at 02:21 PM.]

I am as frustrated as you are with the ebay affiliate program. I am an affiliate through befree but we seem to have the same problems. I really don't understand either how a company as large as ebay doesn't have their act together when it comes to their affiliate program.

Our site sends them about 400 visitors a day. We have hundreds of ebay power links on our site leading directly to automotive manuals listed under the ebay motors category. We have yet to have one bid from the ebay motors category show up, although we do get bids from other miscellaneous categories.

I wish they would get their act together. Any thoughts?

p.s. I read your message on the ebay discussion board. It was pretty scathing, but to the point, unfortunately.

ABW Ambassador
    Yah, I thought maybe I should tone my posts down a bit, but I want to get their attention & at this point, any attention will do. I was expecting them to remove my latest post, so that's why I included the note at the end. I want them to know that we're serious about spreading the word about shady merchants.

Supras | Celicas

Well, Celicaphile, I can't blame you for being a little perturbed with them. I just clicked the link to your celica website and noticed your ebay search box. I would like to ask you one question: If commission junction breaks out the bids by category, have you been credited with any bids from the ebay motors category?

ABW Ambassador
    well, considering two of the three sites I use ebay on are automotive, that's a scary thought....I saw previous posts about this issue & it got me thinking about that, but what can I do? who can I ask? until someone at eBay acts like an adult and starts being responsible, there's no way to find out.
    Because my sites are make/model specific, I don't use the general ebay motors banners. The only links that will get someone directly to an ebay motors page, are generated by the editors kit.
    I was expecting a jump in leads/registrations when I implemented that, but it never came...
    unfortunately w/ CJ, I have no idea where the bid was made...whether in ebay motors or not... the text links I use are general links to their front page...where the visitor goes from there, I have no idea...

Supras | Celicas

Okay, I get the picture, C/J's reporting doesn't break out the bids by category like they do at befree. Befree just started reporting by category around mid-September.

I did speak to someone from befree on the telephone today regarding ebay's reporting. He told me they are aware that bids are not showing up from the ebay motors category. He said as soon as they are done cleaning up the present fiasco, they will address that problem.

He also said that he thought the bids were probably just showing up under another category. I told him that didn't wash since my bid numbers were all way down since they started breaking out the categories.

This is just a huge mess, and I hope it gets resolved soon. I guess now you know why your new links didn't bring the expected return.

ABW Ambassador
    well...that's some semi-good news I guess...I may switch all my ebay links over to befree if CJ doesn't do anything... Since you've looked at my site, can you tell if I'll be able to have search boxes, links, etc in the same fashion as I do now?
    oh, & does befree have the same problem with extended registrations?

Supras | Celicas

You know how when you go to the CJ home page to log in. There's those pictures of people saying how wonderful CJ is? Well, one of them is from ebay.

quote:
    "Commission Junction has exceeded our expectations..."
    Kari King
    Affiliate Program Manager
    eBay

You can read the ebay Success Story too.

My point is that they do seem to have an affiliate manager and she has a name: Kari King.

---

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks Tracy!
    man, I've seen that 1000's of times, but never put 2 & 2 together....at last, we have a better target [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] Look out Kari!!

quote:

The eBay team works closely with its publishers and the Commission Junction client development team to ensure that its objectives are being met, including ongoing recruitment of top quality publishers. The company has found a great deal of success recruiting publishers from within the Commission Junction network through their Member Messaging service.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAH! yaaahhhh riiigghht!

1. it's hard to work closely w/ someone if you don't return any attempts at contact

2. they use the messaging service to recruit members, but not to help keep a close, professional relationship...

WHAT A JOKE!!!!

Supras | Celicas

Funny, the reason it stood out for me was that she is the only women ever pictured.

---

Celicaphile, I don't think you would have a problem setting up a similar search box and links. At befree they seem to have a wide variety of linking options. I wouldn't recommend switching, though. Things are too screwed up over here, also.

As far as "extended registrations" go, I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast